Lessons from Boston Marathon: Feinstein says Joe Biden's shotgun is plenty

Feinstein has been prattling on that we didn't need AR15's, but the lesson of this tragedy is that neither we, nor government can predict the threat we might face in the future.

Feinstein said if citizens do want to arm and protect themselves, they should consider using a 12-gauge shotgun because it's a "good defensive effect" that would contribute to the "element of surprise."
Feinstein On Watertown, MA Residents: "Do They Need An Assault Weapon? I Don't Think So" | RealClearPolitics

The thousands of LEOs responding this week could not predict what they might face when asked to confront these terrorists. So, what did they do? They geared up for the worst and so they should - nothing unreasonable about that.

They are being asked to run towards the terrorist and apprehend them and I would not ask ANYONE to face that without anything they wanted to bring to defend themselves.

A homeowner facing this same terrorists kicking down their door as he fled would face the exact same threat. Why does Feinstein feel their life and the lives of their loved ones are not worth the same protection?

That is what this is all about - the value of human life and Feinstein doesn't think your life is worth the irrational fear she must endure knowing we are armed.

DHS says that a select fire, short barreled rifle with a 30 round magazine is also a "good defensive effect". On this I agree 100%.

DHS and its components have a requirement for a 5.56x45mm NATO, select-fire firearm suitable for personal defense use in close quarters and/or when maximum concealment is required.
http://radioviceonline.com/departme...rt-rifle-ar-15-suitable-for-personal-defense/

Last edited:
Feinstein doesn't think your life is worth the irrational fear she must endure knowing we are armed.

What's sad is that if you stuck her in a random house by herself in Watertown for 12 hours this past Friday, with no armed guards or protection of any sort, she'd still think this way.

What's sad is that if you stuck her in a random house by herself in Watertown for 12 hours this past Friday, with no armed guards or protection of any sort, she'd still think this way.
That is her right. That is everyone's right. You are absolutely entitled to ball up and cry, but you have no right to force everyone else to embrace your cowardice.

I'll assume the cops would carry the best tool for the job so I'm going to have to go back and look at the tape before I comment....

If this was truly the case, why did LE NEED all those evil M-4s and M-16s and SWAT vehicles and stuff?

Why weren't they all just armed with Mossy 500s and Remmy 870s?!?

There's dumb and then there's Diane Frankenstein.

the uncle joe shotgun thing is getting old.

If she had a sense of humor, she would say something like "if citizens do want to arm and protect themselves, they should consider Hatori Hanzo Steel because it's a "good defensive effect" that would contribute to the "element of surprise."

That is her right. That is everyone's right. You are absolutely entitled to ball up and [STRIKE=cry]cry[/STRIKE] DIE, but you have no right to force everyone else to embrace your cowardice.

FIFY

If shotguns are "plenty" why were all but a few officers carrying select-fire M16s, AR-15s and MP5s? There's also pictures of them carrying SBRs of various sorts.

Oh wait. Never mind. They had a badge. We don't. We're not special. [thinking]

If shotguns are "plenty" why were all but a few officers carrying select-fire M16s, AR-15s and MP5s? There's also pictures of them carrying SBRs of various sorts.

Oh wait. Never mind. They had a badge. We don't. We're not special. [thinking]

Or, we could all just become big, black, bald and mean looking like that bad-a** Newton cop who didn't need no sticking assault rifle. In fact, every pic I saw of him, he didn't even bother unholstering his sidearm.

So if that jerkface started shooting from the boat into this man's house where his family(presumably kids?) were ..... hell, it warrants the need for an AW like an AR15 ! A handgun **MAY** not be as accurate in this scenario, nor, would a Shot gun be **AS** effective to protect ones family.

Again, this man is lucky that he called LE, and the Bomber was already injured and didnt know - else if the bomber got the slightest hint that this responsible citizen was informing authorities, I can bet he would have started shooting at the house.

HENCE an AR15 is NEEDED in todays world AND not just with 10 rounds/mag, because at a distance like this, under pressure, one might need more than 10 rounds, if its dark and conditions are suboptimal. (okay okay... I know many will just need 1 or 2... but to make a case for masses, I say at least 20 rounders are needed :)

Or, we could all just become big, black, bald and mean looking like that bad-a** Newton cop who didn't need no sticking assault rifle. In fact, every pic I saw of him, he didn't even bother unholstering his sidearm.

Yeah, those pics were great. If I remember correctly he had his arms crossed the entire time.

Tony Todd could cast him if this ever makes the big screen.

tony-todd.jpg

So if that jerkface started shooting from the boat into this man's house where his family(presumably kids?) were ..... hell, it warrants the need for an AW like an AR15 !

An AR-15 is not an AW. It's a semi-auto sporting rifle. An M-4 or M-16 would rather fit that media-made term.

If I ever ended up in such a situation, I'd grab a semi-auto rifle, too. My HK SL7 in .308 would be the one of
choice as I don't have one in .223/5.56.

An AR-15 is not an AW. It's a semi-auto sporting rifle. An M-4 or M-16 would rather fit that media-made term.

If I ever ended up in such a situation, I'd grab a semi-auto rifle, too. My HK SL7 in .308 would be the one of
choice as I don't have one in .223/5.56.

I prefer the term "Personal Defense Rifle, PDR"

The problem is that she thought instead of knowing the facts.
The bomber that is alive is lucky he didn't break into a NES'rs home.

Someone asked me this what if:

What if a person were sitting at home in Watertown and the 19yo was seen crawling into his boat. The home owner, who just happened to have an AR with him and recognized how easy the shot was, took the opportunity to end all these shenanigans there and then. What would happen to said home owner?

I said the home owner would have been acting illegally and would likely get face f**ked by the powers that be, but that the ensuing outrage by the public would be interesting to watch.

She would say they did the right thing by telling people to stay inside and call the cops if needed. lol

She would say those military types need all that weaponry and we don't.

Remember, this is only about taking the guns out of citizens hands.

What's it like at mass gun stores now after this ordeal? Were they jammed more than usual this weekend? Any liberal anti-gunners have a change of heart while they were in their "foxholes"?

Someone asked me this what if:

What if a person were sitting at home in Watertown and the 19yo was seen crawling into his boat. The home owner, who just happened to have an AR with him and recognized how easy the shot was, took the opportunity to end all these shenanigans there and then. What would happen to said home owner?

I said the home owner would have been acting illegally and would likely get face f**ked by the powers that be, but that the ensuing outrage by the public would be interesting to watch.

Which is why I said,

The bomber that is alive is lucky he didn't break into a NES'rs home.

Back
Top Bottom