LEO Ha, Ha you can’t have a Glock

Let’s say he was a rookie cop, as dumb and arrogant as they are before being slapped around a little by the real world, even they know that they as LEO can go to Atlantic Tactical and buy a brand new G5 anything, for far less than one would pay at a LGS, where the cost even for a used G3 is at least a couple to three hundred more than he would pay for a brand new pistol.

I don’t know of any PD’s that still use .40, it went out years ago, why would he then pay hundreds more for something he wasn’t trained on, when he could’ve saved a lot of money, again, on a brand new firearm/round that he’s trained on (9mm) and his dept has plenty of ammo for to allow more training, and pay about 12.00 for brand new Magpul or even MOE G 15rd mags.

It just doesn’t make sense, especially on rookies pay (bottom step). No reason to think OP made it up, but it does sound like the Walmart story in the way it’s worded.

Every varied job/skill set knows, even as new guys, from their training and instructors (plumbers/mechanics/contractors/IT/electricians/whatever) where to go to get the most for their money for their needed tools, and certainly don’t go around paying hundreds more for used, beat up tools when they can get them new for far less where the rest of his co-workers also get them.

Let’s say he was a rookie cop, as dumb and arrogant as they are before being slapped around a little by the real world, even they know that they as LEO can go to Atlantic Tactical and buy a brand new G5 anything, for far less than one would pay at a LGS, where the cost even for a used G3 is at least a couple to three hundred more than he would pay for a brand new pistol.

I don’t know of any PD’s that still use .40, it went out years ago, why would he then pay hundreds more for something he wasn’t trained on, when he could’ve saved a lot of money, again, on a brand new firearm/round that he’s trained on (9mm) and his dept has plenty of ammo for to allow more training, and pay about 12.00 for brand new Magpul or even MOE G 15rd mags.

It just doesn’t make sense, especially on rookies pay (bottom step). No reason to think OP made it up, but it does sound like the Walmart story in the way it’s worded.

Every varied job/skill set knows, even as new guys, from their training and instructors (plumbers/mechanics/contractors/IT/electricians/whatever) where to go to get the most for their money for their needed tools, and certainly don’t go around paying hundreds more for used, beat up tools when they can get them new for far less where the rest of his co-workers also get them.
Clearly everyone else in the academy thinks he's as much of a dink as the story makes him sound, but the department needs warm bodies, so nobody told him.

Clearly everyone else in the academy thinks he's as much of a dink as the story makes him sound, but the department needs warm bodies, so nobody told him.
Anything’s possible I suppose. Were just some common sense questions I had to ask myself as to the veracity of it all.

As he was fondling his new Glock, you could have asked the clerk, “so how does this exactly work? He buys the Glock and then transfers it to me through private sale out in the parking lot, since he is LE and I can’t purchase one as a mere peasant...?”
That would be epic

To each their own. Never cared for Glocks .
Someone handed me one at the range to shoot , I went through one magazine and handed it back saying "That's nice , a brick with a barrel on it. "
I think I hurt his feelings.

Last edited:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with gen 3 Glocks. I bought one over a gen 4 because it was cheaper. Guys that insist on the latest model or nothing, are the apple tards of the gun world.

I like the feel of the Gen4, with the finger grooves better than I liked the Gen3. And now of course they took them back out with the Gen5.

To each their own. Never cared for Glocks .
Someone handed me one at the range to shoot , I went through one magazine and handed id back saying "That's nice , a brick with a barrel on it. "
I think I hurt his feelings.
In my opinion certain models are much nice than others. Glock 17 was pretty meh for me but I held a gen 5 23 and it felt very nice.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with gen 3 Glocks. I bought one over a gen 4 because it was cheaper. Guys that insist on the latest model or nothing, are the apple tards of the gun world.
It's retarded to buy a Gen3 new unless you really want that exact gun. I own 4 gen3s (one of which ive carried a ton) but i sure as hell am not buying more of them on purpose... unless i get a killer deal on one. I will say a gen3 has a slight advantage in the respect that there's no side checkering to chew up undershirts.... that, and on average, its much easier/more likely to get a sub 5 lb trigger without going full retard.

It's retarded to buy a Gen3 new unless you really want that exact gun. I own 4 gen3s (one of which ive carried a ton) but i sure as hell am not buying more of them on purpose... unless i get a killer deal on one. I will say a gen3 has a slight advantage in the respect that there's no side checkering to chew up undershirts.... that, and on average, its much easier/more likely to get a sub 5 lb trigger without going full retard.
I have one gen 4 and a bunch of gen 3 models. Maybe they just grew on me, but the grips seem fine for my hand on the gen 3. Except maybe I would like them a bit smaller on the 21

As he was fondling his new Glock, you could have asked the clerk, “so how does this exactly work? He buys the Glock and then transfers it to me through private sale out in the parking lot, since he is LE and I can’t purchase one as a mere peasant...?”
Maybe throw in "Is it OK for me to pick out the accessories for my new Glock before he checks out? That way I can just write him a single check for everything. You know what I mean?"

"Dear Diary,
After completing The Academy, I decided to buy my very first handygunny! I read on the internet that all the big boys carry Glock Austria in Forty Calibre, and I can get special mags for it too!
I squealed with excitement on the drive over, but had to put my game face on when I walked in. I tried to hide my excitement. Not easy being out of the academy and all, I saw sooooooo many lawbreakers on the way over. Good thing I didn't have my cuffs on me. That 70 r old woman would've gone down HARD. Probably would've had to shoot her dog too. Toy Poodles are soooooooo yippy. Giggle Tee-Hee!

As I entered the gun selling place my training kicked in. I looked left. I looked right. I looked left and right again. I scanned for terrorists and hoodlums. Good thing there weren't any, being unarmed, I would have had to revert to my hand-to-hand training, and believe me, I'm like Bruce Lee. KNIFEHAND CHOP POW!!!!

I walked straight to the counter and demanded to the peasant clerk " I would like to see your finest wares, particularly that Glock Austria Forty Calibre with special mags. And be quick! For I have crime to fight! and produced my badge for him to see.
The clerk must have been in awe of my authoritative tone, because he gazed upon my awesomeness like a deer in the headlights of an oncoming car.

I heard the door open. I turned quickly gauging weather or not to pounce on this new person walking in. Ready to leap into action against this potential threat, I froze..........

My eyes locked on this exquisite specimen of a man. Older. Well seasoned. A handsome grittiness was about him. He spoke, but in my nervousness spat out " I'm buying this, try not to be jealous because I'm LEO!"

How foolish I felt. He had a ruggedness about him like Chuck Norris, but an appeal like Jean Carlo at the academy, my Special After Hours trainer.
My heart leapt as he spoke and said................."

I'll leave it up to the rest of you to add on to this special encounter.

Years ago, this kid in the police academy would work out around the same time I did at a local gym. He bragged how he went out of his way to snitch on a guy at the range for having a high cap mag. He also applied for jobs in Chicago "cuz that's where the actions at".

Some humans are stupid beyond help......this clearly applies to cops too.

Years ago, this kid in the police academy would work out around the same time I did at a local gym. He bragged how he went out of his way to snitch on a guy at the range for having a high cap mag. He also applied for jobs in Chicago "cuz that's where the actions at".

Some humans are stupid beyond help......this clearly applies to cops too.
Well that is where the action is lol

Back
Top Bottom