• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal to buy ammo online in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just informed when I placed an order that a place who has shipped to me a number of times before. I sent them a strongly questioning and factual email and received the following back.

Thank you for choosing **********! A couple of months ago our legal team was advised that there may have been a conflict between the method we were using to ship to MA, and the MA state laws. As the MA laws are extremely poorly written, we were asked to temporarily suspend all MA ammo shipments until the legal team had a chance to look into the situation in depth.

Unfortunately, anything involving laws, lawyers & the "interpretation" of the law tends to take a while. We have not heard anything about the investigation since the hold was placed on MA shipments.

In the interim, most of our MA customer's are shipping ammo to friends & relatives in the neighboring gun-friendly states & then coordinating pick up or drop off of the ammo. We can ship to ME, NH, RI & VT with no restrictions what-so-ever.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else I can help you with. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Was just informed when I placed an order that a place who has shipped to me a number of times before. I sent them a strongly questioning and factual email and received the following back.

Thank you for choosing **********! A couple of months ago our legal team was advised that there may have been a conflict between the method we were using to ship to MA, and the MA state laws. As the MA laws are extremely poorly written, we were asked to temporarily suspend all MA ammo shipments until the legal team had a chance to look into the situation in depth.

Unfortunately, anything involving laws, lawyers & the "interpretation" of the law tends to take a while. We have not heard anything about the investigation since the hold was placed on MA shipments.

In the interim, most of our MA customer's are shipping ammo to friends & relatives in the neighboring gun-friendly states & then coordinating pick up or drop off of the ammo. We can ship to ME, NH, RI & VT with no restrictions what-so-ever.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or if there is anything else I can help you with. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Yeah, it happens. Google-fu another source. And NEVER post the source, ever. Heck, I don't even tell my friends my source. I just take their orders and add it to mine.

That being said, I do think it is important to support your local shops if they're somewhat close in price.

We lost a lot of gun shops when Wally world and Dicks and Bass Pro and now Cabellas arrived and started selling ammo. The afore mentioned are the FIRST to cow tow to the government's demands. Get to know your local gun shop owner.

Last edited:

This is EXACTLY the result the MA AG is looking for. Make it as hard as possible without instituting an outright ban, which they know is unconstitutional and won't hold up in court. It's playing out perfectly for M******* politics

Oooooo, the forum Troll is out. First, the search here sucks for some reason. I also had trouble with it. For some reason it doesn't find your exact keywords unless you go to Advanced Search. Then it works ok. Take a deep breath, hold it, and release its gonna be ok.

You're replying to a thread from 2010 and the person you're replying to has been banned for at least a couple years. I think we can put a bullet in this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom