• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal to buy ammo online in MA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll preface this question by saying I did a quick search for "ammo online" and "ammunition online" and didn't find anything useful, although I find it hard to believe this question hasn't been asked before.

Is it illegal to have ammo shipped to your house in MA if you can find an online retailer who will do it? I'm not asking who does/doesn't do it or how to circumvent any laws; just if its legal to do without any special maneuvers. I have an LTC-A so I am allowed to possess ammo.

Damn Federal 550 bulk packs are impossible to find anywhere other than online... Walmart and Dick's are ALWAYS out

I'll preface this question by saying I did a quick search for "ammo online" and "ammunition online" and didn't find anything useful, although I find it hard to believe this question hasn't been asked before.

It HAS and you obviously DIDN'T.

Had you even bothered to peruse the stickies, still less actually run a search, you'd have found THIS:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Source-of-AG-Banning-Out-of-State-Ammo-Sales!

Not to mention the many discussions on this subject in the seven months you've been here.

This question has been asked so many times it boggles the mind.

The answer. LEGAL. DO NOT POST WHO WILL SHIP TO MA.

The new search sucks. Yes it's legal. There is ONE copmany that I know of that openly advertises that they have a 'license' from the AGs office and will ship to MA. Their prices aren't any better than your local walmart though.

Interesting, when one considers that the law specifies a license issued by the local police department, not the AG's office. Of course, anything that could be viewed as helping to centralize power at a higher level is always in favor here, particular when it involves guns.

Ken

Interesting, when one considers that the law specifies a license issued by the local police department, not the AG's office. Of course, anything that could be viewed as helping to centralize power at a higher level is always in favor here, particular when it involves guns.

To a point. That point being where local chiefs would lose any of their arbitrary discretion to cripple, restrict or deny licenses.

Odd that chiefs in RI mindlessly abandoned that same statutory authority - indeed, duty - regarding handgun licenses to accommodate that state's AG.

It HAS and you obviously DIDN'T.

Had you even bothered to peruse the stickies, still less actually run a search, you'd have found THIS:

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-Source-of-AG-Banning-Out-of-State-Ammo-Sales!

Not to mention the many discussions on this subject in the seven months you've been here.

Oooooo, the forum Troll is out. First, the search here sucks for some reason. I also had trouble with it. For some reason it doesn't find your exact keywords unless you go to Advanced Search. Then it works ok. Take a deep breath, hold it, and release its gonna be ok.

It's funny how repeated post get some so worked up.
To the OP
There is no law on Massachusetts MGL that restricts you from ordering online and having ammunition shipped to you. Its because of AG threats and vendors policy they don't.
It took me many attempts to show the light to one vendor JUST to SHIP to a FFL!
In the end you are hard pressed to find a vendor easily that has anything in stock still worth buying.
Some have recovered a little but not much. 22lr is still somewhat scarce. Especially cheaper bulk ammo.
Good luck........

Oh yeah only thing I have not found a clear lawful definition on is what or where is "point of sale"
Made when it comes to online purchases.

Oooooo, the forum Troll is out. First, the search here sucks for some reason. I also had trouble with it. For some reason it doesn't find your exact keywords unless you go to Advanced Search. Then it works ok. Take a deep breath, hold it, and release its gonna be ok.
Resurrecting a 5 year old post to be clever. #winning

resized_stop-stop-meme-generator-stop-stop-the-thread-is-already-dead-7f8ce6.jpg

Wow..

Trolling deep I see.......

It's funny how repeated post get some so worked up.
To the OP
There is no law on Massachusetts MGL that restricts you from ordering online and having ammunition shipped to you. Its because of AG threats and vendors policy they don't.
It took me many attempts to show the light to one vendor JUST to SHIP to a FFL!
In the end you are hard pressed to find a vendor easily that has anything in stock still worth buying.
Some have recovered a little but not much. 22lr is still somewhat scarce. Especially cheaper bulk ammo.
Good luck........

Oh yeah only thing I have not found a clear lawful definition on is what or where is "point of sale"
Made when it comes to online purchases.

UCC defines "point of sale" as being where it is ordered from/shipped from (when not FTF/sale done in a store). MA AGs have "disagreed" with this claiming all sales to MA residents take place in MA regardless of phone/Internet/smokesignal orders and that is why they feel it is within their purview to threaten said dealers.

--------

Even though this thread resurrects the dead, this topic comes up about every week or two so that it is still relevant.

I think giving anyone a tongue lashing for asking a question is counter productive. Insulting and finger wagging isn't helpful either.

I think its best to save snarkyness and bitching for the libtards we are forced to live with/be ruled by.

Speaking of libtard bashing, has anyone hear what the new AG's "opinion" is WRT on line ammo ordering [rofl]

Since this topic has come up YET again, here's something I thought of today.

So, being in MA, I go and order online. Company ships to me via UPS. Drops it at my front steps. Done and done.

Did the UPS driver have an FID or LTC? How about the folks who handled it at the warehouse here in MA? How about the dude/dudette who drove it into the state?

Did all of the above unwittingly commit a felony because they handled the ammo I had shipped?

Never mind the dude who had to drive it through NY/NJ. Poor guy is risking serious jail time!

Didn't read through the thread lately, but the answer is...you can buy all you want....getting them to ship it is the issue (I'm sure someone already pointed that out)

This ship has sailed and been mothballed for a long time. Why bring it up again?

So, being in MA, I go and order online. Company ships to me via UPS. Drops it at my front steps. Done and done.

Did the UPS driver have an FID or LTC? How about the folks who handled it at the warehouse here in MA? How about the dude/dudette who drove it into the state?

Did all of the above unwittingly commit a felony because they handled the ammo I had shipped?

Never mind the dude who had to drive it through NY/NJ. Poor guy is risking serious jail time!

NONE of this is illegal. Use the search feature to find out why, it's been addressed numerous times as well as the entire topic (100s of times).

Common carriers are exempt. Just as if illegal drugs are shipped by one of the mentioned services, they are not on the hook for running the package through their system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom