• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legal or not ar

mark schultz

NES Member
I saw some fixed magazine ar15s made by dark storm industries at Cape Gun Works recently. The salesman claimed it was legal in mass but I thought I'd get some more opinions. The looked ,Ike nice guns but of course are slow to reload. Any thoughts?

Just build or buy a MA compliant AR with no bayonet lug, fixed stock, and pin/soldered compensator. No need for fixed mag. Healey's edict isn't law.

There's a reason hundreds if not thousands of people have been doing this every year since 2017, including registering an FA-10 and literally nothing has happened. Because a press conference, a PDF, and an FAQ is not Mass General Law.

Just build or buy a MA compliant AR with no bayonet lug, fixed stock, and pin/soldered compensator. No need for fixed mag. Healey's edict isn't law.

There's a reason hundreds if not thousands of people have been doing this every year since 2017, including registering an FA-10 and literally nothing has happened. Because a press conference, a PDF, and an FAQ is not Mass General Law.
I had my guns and license seized/revoked on some bullshit, one of which was an AR built/reg'd in like 2019/2020, got them all back no issue once my legal crap was resolved. I have to imagine if they were going to pursue anyone it would have been me given the situation and my dogshit luck

Last edited:
Maura shops at CGW?
I knew there was a reason I didn’t like that place.

OP don’t buy into the fixed mag BS that some shops are peddling. They’re slowly inching back toward the letter of the law, those shops a year ago wouldn’t have sold you a fixed mag gun. AR pattern rifles are not illegal in massachusetts. You have to conform to some draconian rules about flash suppressors, threaded barrels and bayonet lugs (which few uppers even have anymore) but other than that it’s legal. Tons of people buy or build ar’s in MA every day.

I had my guns and license seized/revoked on some bullshit, one of which was an AR built/reg'd in like 2019/2020, got them all back no issue once my legal crap was resolved. I have to imagine if they were going to pursue anyone it would have been me given the situation and my dogshit luck
So they came to you for something else? Only asking because I’ve been looking into building my first AR and I assumed if you register it, it will cause problems and you end up losing your stuff..

So they came to you for something else? Only asking because I’ve been looking into building my first AR and I assumed if you register it, it will cause problems and you end up losing your stuff..
Without getting into pedantic debates about the use of the word register, plenty of people have filed eFA-10 on ARs without issue.

I discussed it long form here
but long story short, I had a seizure while working on my AR, landlord called 911, emt told responding officer I had "guns everywhere" they tried to hit me with improper storage of a "high capacity" firearm yadda yadda

Back
Top Bottom