Lefty Friend Wants To Shoot

...but there's only one problem. I have no where to take him. A little backstory. We moved to NH about a year ago, and I let my membership at Georgetown F&G expire. Since being up here, I've read through dozens of posts about Fudds and membership caps, and BS regs at a whole host of NH ranges, and I don't know what to believe anymore. That's when I started researching public land to shoot on, and that's just downright confusing. The Google is full of police logs of cops kicking people out of sandpits. What I need is someone with some property that might be a pal and offer me use of their land to essentially do the Lord's work, or even be someone's guest at their club. I mean, this guy quotes Bernie Sanders on his FB page. Help me help him.

I wouldn't come empty handed. I'd be willing to add to your ammo box.
Most ranges of which I am aware have guest policies, which means a member or two members could take you and your leftist cohort one time.

FAIL. You've lived in NH for awhile. You use can't find a decent gun club excuse not to shoot and now you want somebody to let you use their facilities. Pay to go to Manchester Firing Line. Join Nashua Fish and Game in Merrimack. Join the Pelham Fish and Game. You're trying to sound like you'll be doing the shooting world a favor by converting a lefty and yet you're to f'ing lazy/cheap/preoccupied. Man-up.

Wow. That's quite the ear beating Steve. Lazy? No, not really. I work about 75 hrs a week, have a wife finishing up her degree and two teenage sons that would like to see me now and then. Cheap? Meh, not really. The family makes a pretty nice living for ourselves, thank you. And as for preoccupied, well, aren't we all now and then?
I joined my last club by originally being the guest of a member there. Loved the place. I got a great invite this time from someone here to a NH club, and if I like it, and there's not a crazy long wait list, I might consider joining it.
To your last point. I don't feel as if I'm doing anyone in our community a favor by "converting" someone. I'm far from the proselytizing type. Over the years I've invited countless people who were either scared of guns, or just downright ignorant about them, to shoot and see for themselves. Each time they left with a better understanding, and hopefully some knowledge on the subject.
You're welcome to your opinion, it's just wrong.

FAIL. You've lived in NH for awhile. You use can't find a decent gun club excuse not to shoot and now you want somebody to let you use their facilities. Pay to go to Manchester Firing Line. Join Nashua Fish and Game in Merrimack. Join the Pelham Fish and Game.

You're trying to sound like you'll be doing the shooting world a favor by converting a lefty and yet you're to f'ing lazy/cheap/preoccupied. Man-up.

Said the guy who won't pony up $22.00 to become a Green Member......[bs1]

Boo f'ing Hoo. Do the Lord's work? We know HE works in mysterious ways. Your sense of hyperbole is well over the top.

I found my range while working 55 hours a week with a 90+ mile commute. ( not that it's germane to the issue, but since you seem to think so, I made a decent living also ). It wasn't all that difficult. MFL and the range in Belmont come with range officers. Might be nice to control the riff raff while you anoint a new shooter, no? GREAT idea on the sandpit. That's so full of win. Oh, I especially like you disparaging your new state. Looking forward to some humble backpedaling. Not.

Bend, when I get ready to sell stuff here, I too will go Green. Just like you. My hero.

Aw. Feelings are hurt

Glee1.gif

Went Green before I ever sold a f*cking thing. Not that reality matters much to douche nozzle non-Green trolls these days.

Well golly, I'll probably go green before I sell something too. Could you teach me how to write CHECK OUT MY POSTIN "WTS.........? Thanks in advance.

Went Green before I ever sold a f*cking thing. Not that reality matters much to douche nozzle non-Green trolls these days.
Lol. I went green after like a week. I learned enough reading here where the $20 was a bargain.

Boo f'ing Hoo. Do the Lord's work? We know HE works in mysterious ways. Your sense of hyperbole is well over the top.

I found my range while working 55 hours a week with a 90+ mile commute. ( not that it's germane to the issue, but since you seem to think so, I made a decent living also ). It wasn't all that difficult. MFL and the range in Belmont come with range officers. Might be nice to control the riff raff while you anoint a new shooter, no? GREAT idea on the sandpit. That's so full of win. Oh, I especially like you disparaging your new state. Looking forward to some humble backpedaling. Not.

I don't back peddle, Steve. I mean what I say the first time. As for the "over the top hyperbole", it was meant as a figure of speech, but you'd have to have a sense of humor to understand it.
I think of NES as a community, and as a community, members sometimes are generous to other members of that community when they can be. Not that I have to justify myself to you, but I've given here as well as received, and it's always among the best $22 I spend for the year.
I'm so sorry that after having moved my family here a year ago, set up a house, both my wife and I finding new employment, and getting to know this beautiful state, I didn't immediately join a range. I had other priorities.

You sound like you could benefit from some yoga and/or meditation. Let me know where you are and I'll recommend a good teacher. It might help you not be so quick to jump down the throat of someone you don't know. [thinking]

Unusual priorities. Apparently posting 2-3 times a day on average being one of them. You do know how far and where to shove your yoga, right? All in all, a typical look at me OP.

Cheshire County Fish & Game Club is about as laid back as it gets, and is easy to join. Even though Keene is Moonbat Central, there is none of that shit at the club. Check them out on line.

I second this for the most part. Lately the range safety officer has been around more often and he always seems like he's treating you as guilty until proven innocent (unless you've been in the military). I'm in my 20s with a fancy middy AR and that seems to make him assume I'm a dipshit until I prove otherwise. Good guy, but he makes me feel the way cops do. Even when I know I'm doing it right I feel like I'm doing something wrong. It's been putting a bad taste in my mouth with CCF&G lately.

That said... OP, I might be able to help. PMing.

A big thank you goes out to Beansie. Myself,my wife, and my friend & his wife were his guests at Pelham F&G on Saturday. Had a blast together while Beansie gave them some education on how to handle various firearms, from .22, to a 9mm Glock to a .38, and of course some 5.56. They seemed to enjoy their afternoon, and now have some idea of what really goes into being a recreational shooter.

A big thank you goes out to Beansie. Myself,my wife, and my friend & his wife were his guests at Pelham F&G on Saturday. Had a blast together while Beansie gave them some education on how to handle various firearms, from .22, to a 9mm Glock to a .38, and of course some 5.56. They seemed to enjoy their afternoon, and now have some idea of what really goes into being a recreational shooter.

My pleasure.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't have a revolver by next Christmas. (Couldn't help but notice their MA plates, will take that long to get the LTC.)

Also, thanks again for letting me run a 30 round PMag through my rifle, it's about time she got the love she deserves.

My pleasure.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't have a revolver by next Christmas. (Couldn't help but notice their MA plates, will take that long to get the LTC.)

Also, thanks again for letting me run a 30 round PMag through my rifle, it's about time she got the love she deserves.

No worries brother. The next part is the best; when they look into getting licensed. That's when they get to see how fun it is to deal with that mess. The talking heads have told them how easy it is to get guns legally. Boy, will they be surprised.

No worries brother. The next part is the best; when they look into getting licensed. That's when they get to see how fun it is to deal with that mess. The talking heads have told them how easy it is to get guns legally. Boy, will they be surprised.

haha, no doubt. He was looking at me like I was crazy as I was locking up my locks and locking those in locked cases in my locked trunk, lol.

Even he had this look on his face like I was crazy... Best part is, what I was doing, while above letter of the law, isn't obsessive for MA in the slightest.

More like they get frustrated and give up, figuring per their pre-existing belief system it is for the best and that the state must have imposed such restrictions with good reason.

More like they get frustrated and give up, figuring per their pre-existing belief system it is for the best and that the state must have imposed such restrictions with good reason.

I don't know man, she was a convert without question.

He will go along for the ride with her, but she will likely be running out of room in the safe in 24 months like the rest of us.

haha, no doubt. He was looking at me like I was crazy as I was locking up my locks and locking those in locked cases in my locked trunk, lol.

Even he had this look on his face like I was crazy... Best part is, what I was doing, while above letter of the law, isn't obsessive for MA in the slightest.

Or that I was crazy for just throwing them in the back of the wagon unloaded.

Back
Top Bottom