Lefty AR shooters Give Me Your Insight

I'm a leftie also and I was going to buy a RH one when I was finelly able to buy one, but I have decided to get a LH one instead. Same things I like it being LHed, nothing flying in front of my eyes, nothing flying at my eyes incase it blows up, the forward assit is on the left. And the biggest reason of all, I just want a gun that is correct for me for a change and not have to use a darn right handed gun. [rockon]

See even the rock-on guy is left handed [smile] .

Last edited:
Yet another lefty - Just yesterday I shot over 250 rounds out of a standard A2 upper (with brass bump) with no issues. My Remy 1100 is more noticable than an AR. I don't see the advantage of a lefty AR but I will be adding and ambi safety to those AR's I own.

Bolt guns are different, mine will be a lefty when I get one.

If you get a lefty AR I suggest a Stag as it is the most lefty of the bunch.

Someday we will rise up and make you righty's use painful scissors just to see how you like it :p

Guys, I am a lefty and bought my first AR-15 before they had forward assist assemblies. [thinking]

I've had several over the years, all Colts. Liked them all, and wasn't particularly bothered by the right-handed configuration.

Two or three years ago I bought a Stag left-handed AR. I could not believe how nice it was. You wouldn't think it would make too much of a difference, but it was REALLY a nice difference. And, the Stag has excellent build quality.

[party]

So nice, in fact, that I will not buy any more right-handed rifles anymore (except maybe some WWII CMP guns).

Colt righty on the left, Stag lefty on the right:
118330956_Nj7Z2-L.jpg

Even though the Colt is a Match HBAR, I shoot better groups with the Stag. [smile]

Stag is the ONLY lefty I thought.

Ya DPMS was selling a Southpaw dpms-lefthandsouthpaw , but I can't find it on there web site any longer, you can still buy it through other places as you can see from the link.

Here's another one: lefthandrifles.com/ar/.

When the money tree grows I will be buying a Stag Arms one, they make one nice gun.

Back
Top Bottom