Leaving live rounds behind...

WanMan99

NES Life Member
NES Member
I went for a long walk today down some trails. I found 4 different rounds of live shotgun shells along the way (bigtime deer hunting area)... Don't people realize it when they eject live rounds?
Also, I went to the range last weekend and as it closed I started collecting some brass. I found over 20 live 223 rounds, 8 308 rounds and 2 30/06 rounds... Must be nice to have so much money they just leave it lying around on the ground. I examined the primers and there wasn't the slightest indication of a firing pin strike.
I collect brass a few times a month and I do not usually see this. Anyone else see this or is it just a few yahoos out there?

It's me. I go around to random ranges and sprinkle live rounds around just so I can piss people off. Guess its working. I'll take my ammo back now.

Oh I'm not pissed, just curious. I look at each one with a dollar value in mind....

Keep it quiet or there will be mayhem when many people start looking for the booty. Surely it is likely to make criminals of unliscensed individuals.

WanMan - I hope you're wearing orange during your walks on those trails. If these yahoos are dropping/ejecting live rounds and not paying proper attention to safety, you might want to be careful where you walk.

OMG, better lock down the whole state! Think of the children (particularly the ones over 18 who wet their pants when they find a live cartridge on the ground)! Sheesh... [thinking]

Should people litter? No... Is the end of the !@#$ing world? Still no...

i collect brass on the rifle and pistol ranges at my club a few times a year and i average about 50 to 60 live rounds a year. i just think people dont pay enough attention to what they are doing when handling ammo and in the process of loading and unloading weapons.

I get what the OP means. If I drop a live round, I don't resume any other activities til said round is found.

I have been surprised by finding live rounds, not out of safety concerns, but as "How the hell do you just lose rounds and don't care?"

I am sure I have left a live round or two behind in the course of all my shooting. Somewhere along the way, especially in competitions, I am sure I have cleared a jam at some point and not been able to find the ejected round when I went back. Try to police most of the brass up after a shoot, but on outdoor ranges I am sure I do not get all of it, but I figure the amout of other people's I pick up averages it out at the end of the day.

More like the guys practicing for movies roles that require them to "rack" an already locked and loaded piece, just for the increase in intensity that the already bad scene requires.

Boy, I remember as a kid finding an occasional shotgun shell in the woods. Once we found a bunch of them and we broght them to the field in front of Fixxah's house and stuck them in the ground and used BB guns to take target practice at the primers.

OK, yes it was dumb. But I was 13, and it was fun, and I still consider myself lucky when I find live ammo.

Whenever I eject a live round it's because of a FTF, and it always gets inspected and thrown out or reloaded. No wasted ammo.

There's poor starving kids in Somalia who would love to eat your ammo.

i haven't found any live rounds walking in the woods but i always find live rounds left behind at the range i go to. i just collect them and turn them into the range master but nobody ever seems to raise an eyebrow about it

We rented an AK last weekend and the person I was with told me after we left there was a live round for it on the ground! I was like.....and so you didn't pick it up and shoot it...why again? I woulda shot it! I woulda shot the hell outta that round!

Back
Top Bottom