Learning from the experts on AOL and YouTube

Mil-Dot

Instructor
NES Member
My neighbor recently purchased an M&P 9 and called me to tell me how excited he was about the purchase. I personally love the M&P line and I offered my assistance in helping him get started (he does not have much experience with handling firearms). I asked him if he read through the manual (which I think is some of the best bathroom reading you can find) and he said it didn't come with one (used purchase). I told him I would drop one off for him to check out. Well, I was just going through my email and he sent me a link to a "great" video he found on AOL on how to field strip the M&P pistol. I just watched it and it made me reflect on how much bad information is on the internet (with the exception of www.northeastshooters.com of course). Check out the great maneuver just before the guy removes the magazine. I've watched it 5 times and I can't stop myself from ducking. Mil-Dot Video

The M&P series reminds me of firing my Glock, not much to say either good or bad. I'd actually say that I like it a bit more then my Glock.

Everyone seems to think themselves experts on those type of video sites, and while their intentions are usually good and harmless you still should take everything with a grain of salt.

Though I must say that I have seen so called "qualified" experts mess up pretty badly as well!

Though I must say that I have seen so called "qualified" experts mess up pretty badly as well!

It's because we're all humans and I've yet to see a flawless specimin.

As for the video... perhaps the idiot was thinking "it LOOKS unloaded but I'll look down the bbl to double check."

Great music, great videography and the worst gun handling I've seen in a long time.

I dunno, I can't stand youtube gun videos where the whole audio is dubbed over with a music track. The only way to make such a video worse is if it is a montage. When I look for videos on guns, I'm trying to see if I can learn something from it, not trying to feel like a "gangsta".

If I had vast quantities of free time and motivation, I'd like to make a Peckinpawesque video response to that video. Use the same exact music, lighting, etc., only include an AD when the gun is pointed toward the camera. Blood spurting all over the place from behind the camera, cracked glass as the camera drops, etc. It would be cool, and probably more educational than the original video.

Back
Top Bottom