LE shoots man in the back when cuffed and down

And I have seen people mistake the gas pedal for the brake pedal which resulted in death of a pedestrian. Is this also murder?

if a civilian shot someone in the back while on the ground, they'd be going to jail period. Doesn't matter if it's an accident or not. A leo does it and he resigns from his job. I'll wait to see if there are charges, but I just don't see it happening. At the very very very least a citizen is losing his LTC. I bet the cop doesn't lose his rights...

Tasers are drastically overused. What used to be done by tacking and pinning a perp is now done by electrocuting someone. Seriously, cops forgot how to wrestle a guy down? Especially when it's like 5 officers on one guy. Tasing a buy who's already face down and unarmed with an officers knee in his back? WTF is the justification for that?

BTW, I think it looks like a really f***ed up kind of accident, but if we're spending our tax dollars on making the police tacti-cool, maybe we as the public should insist that those tools will only be available to cops who are "suitible" to use them.

if a civilian shot someone in the back while on the ground, they'd be going to jail period. Doesn't matter if it's an accident or not. A leo does it and he resigns from his job. I'll wait to see if there are charges, but I just don't see it happening. At the very very very least a citizen is losing his LTC. I bet the cop doesn't lose his rights...

Tasers are drastically overused. What used to be done by tacking and pinning a perp is now done by electrocuting someone. Seriously, cops forgot how to wrestle a guy down? Especially when it's like 5 officers on one guy. Tasing a buy who's already face down and unarmed with an officers knee in his back? WTF is the justification for that?

BTW, I think it looks like a really f***ed up kind of accident, but if we're spending our tax dollars on making the police tacti-cool, maybe we as the public should insist that those tools will only be available to cops who are "suitible" to use them.

I would NOT want to wrestle with a crack head unless I REALLY had to.

So I say taze the f*** out of them until they simmer down. -only alternative is shooting them.

if a civilian shot someone in the back while on the ground, they'd be going to jail period.

Tasers are drastically overused.

+1 and +1

IMO tasers should be a last resort b4 being forced to use a firearm... ie: crackhead on his feet swinging fists out of control... NOT facedown, hands behind the back w/ 2-3guys on top of him fumbling w/ cuffs.

Assuming that the firearms was mistaken as a tazer, the issue is that the firearm was used unintentionally.

I understand, but then if a case goes to trial what can the officer use as a defense? Essentially all he can do is claim to have made a mistake. Not something that's provable, but possibly something a jury will believe. Essentially he would have to claim incompetence.

Essentially all he can do is claim to have made a mistake. Not something that's provable, but possibly something a jury will believe.

I would think that a jury would believe it. The alternative is that he intentionally did it and did so in front of 50 witnesses.

Ah the R word.Don't ya just love it.So easy to use.People that work are too tired to be out all hours of the night raising hell.Whites and blacks.

Ah the R word.Don't ya just love it.So easy to use.People that work are too tired to be out all hours of the night raising hell.Whites and blacks.

well i don't know if your LE or not.

i do have a problem with people categorizing people based on were they live, race, ethnic background ect... i have NEVER collected a cent, in unemployment, welfare, section 8 or any other social program.

so, the fact is you could easily say that about me, because i'm dark-skinned, hispanic if something went really wrong and a cop shot me thinking i was a "suspect"... in the back, on the ground, by mistake....

Dark skinned

well i don't know if your LE or not.

i do have a problem with people categorizing people based on were they live, race, ethnic background ect... i have NEVER collected a cent, in unemployment, welfare, section 8 or any other social program.

so, the fact is you could easily say that about me, because i'm dark-skinned, hispanic if something went really wrong and a cop shot me thinking i was a "suspect"... in the back, on the ground, by mistake....

I know many dark skinned folks that are not on welfare.The point I was making is that wellies many times have too much time on their hands to stay out all night long and raise hell.People that work have to get bed time.I admit to being a welfareist.You don't hear that word too often because it doesen't roll off the tip of the tongue like the R word.If I had to lable you,I would prob call you a Leoist.

I know many dark skinned folks that are not on welfare.The point I was making is that wellies many times have too much time on their hands to stay out all night long and raise hell.People that work have to get bed time.I admit to being a welfareist.You don't hear that word too often because it doesen't roll off the tip of the tongue like the R word.If I had to lable you,I would prob call you a Leoist.

[rofl]

fair enough...

if you say so. i welcome you to go through here and read my replies on similar "hot topics"...

wasn't trying to offend you. What you said came off a bit racist, but I see that probably wasnt your intention.

I'm an Everyoneist.

And yet, a man is still dead. [thinking]
Yes, he is. Of course, the law recognizes a difference in intent when a person has been killed: manslaughter versus murder.

As for the overuse of Tasers, they have greatly reduced the number of injuries to both police and perpetrators. Are they painful? Yes. But they usually do not cause lasting injuries, unlike baton strikes, etc. Handcuffing a person who is resisting is really hard and very dangerous, both to officers and perpetrators.

The reality is that taking a resisting person into custody is never pretty. Whether the person is subdued with joint locks, baton strikes, Taser, what have you, it won't be pretty.

Handcuffing a person who is resisting is really hard and very dangerous, both to officers and perpetrators.

The reality is that taking a resisting person into custody is never pretty. Whether the person is subdued with joint locks, baton strikes, Taser, what have you, it won't be pretty.

Correct...if it was easy and pretty everyone would want to do it.[wink]

OK who's the chickenshit that left me this Unsigned Neg REP point.

unpleasant on the face. ? WTF ya want a unpleasant Knuckle Sandwich on your face.

Thread Date Comment
LE shoots man in the... 01-12-2009 04:14 PM Your posts are poorly thought out and unpleasant on the face.

Maybe not.

I suppose it would depend on where the offence happened.

IE A killing in Texas could be prosecuted different than a killing in California.

Enlighten me.

OK who's the chickenshit that left me this Unsigned Neg REP point.

unpleasant on the face. ? WTF ya want a unpleasant Knuckle Sandwich on your face.

It wasn't me. I sign all my rep points, and rarely give negative ones. But threatening to hit someone in response is worse than chickenshit, IMNSHO.

Back
Top Bottom