• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Law Enforcement Supply, Waltham MA

i bought 3 guns from Walter over the last few years. All 3 times things went well...ish. I got some bad info on rifle rules under awb (luckily NES straightened things out) and for the 2 pistols I got the AAA Phil experience. I felt I was in west side. after the "oh, your law enf." things lightened up. Had I known about 4 seasons at the time then I would've gone there. I hit Law enf. equip. due to a friends recommendation. It's a little small and congested but I don't mind that. Walter is hit or miss depending on time of day, rotation of the earth, lunar orbit, and if he dealt with a d-bag earlier in the day.

Yeah. I told walter my wife was making me cut my collection down from 25 to 5 and he bitched about how Ihe wasnt making any money off of my transfers. I just smiled and left even though he was adding insult to injury.

I defended him in the past but ive seen "greedy walter" and hes an impatient dikfor.

I havent decided but im about 80% sure I wont be back there. A shame because bruce, the older shorter fella with glasses was super nice and knowledgable.

Yes, Rick M., assuming we talk about the same guy.

Yeah, same guy.
I bought some of my first handguns from him back in the mid 80's, he's a good guy.
I stopped shopping there in the 90's after finding a few other shops with better selections and prices.
Rick was the only reason I remained a customer there as long as I did.

If it's ok I'll add my recent experience to this older thread, though it's safe to say nothing has really changed. I've visited a few times recently since it's so conveniently local. So far, the friendliest person there was actually Walter himself. If he's not in the shop, it's miserable. A few of the older (might I add "larger") gentleman that work part time could barely speak to me the last time I was in there. All I wanted was a couple boxes of [wildly overpriced] ammo, and they wanted me out as fast as possible - it was right in the middle of their store hours, and there were no other customers.

Speaking of the prices, it isn't news how overpriced this place is. For reference, 9mm goes for 30+ cents per round on sale. They do carry preban AR mags, but will try to charge you at least twice what they're actually worth. As an added bonus, there are always random guys just hanging out in the store, staring at you while you browse and making comments on anything you purchase or ask about. I'm cool being friendly, but that store is too small even without nosy eyes looking over your shoulder the whole time.

All in all, I say just head to Four Seasons or Precision Point. No need to deal with rude BS while paying more money than anyone ever should for a couple boxes of ammo. (p.s. if you ever go in, check out their consignment prices - you can buy some of those guns new for less than their used prices)

Back
Top Bottom