• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Law Enforcement Supply, Waltham MA

Skald said:
Ok, silly question. Besides the cost and hi cap mags (for MA residents). How is a LE Glock different from a Civilian Glock?
The 11% federal excise tax has not been paid on an LE Glock. Although this tax is paid by the factory, and applies to the price Glock gets for the guns, it does mean than an LE Glock costs the factory less.

Rob Boudrie said:
The 11% federal excise tax has not been paid on an LE Glock. Although this tax is paid by the factory, and applies to the price Glock gets for the guns, it does mean than an LE Glock costs the factory less.

Rob, NOT TRUE on individual LEO sales and I can prove it! The law ONLY allows "government entities" to avoid that tax legally. When I ordered my first service revolver thru my chief and our PD LE supplier, the LE supplier explained that to me, had me fill out the FA-10, 4473, and pay ALL TAXES (including sales tax). [This is also true of other LE guns that I have purchased over the years.]

I have read where some LE suppliers have not charged individual officers the tax and can only say that when the IRS catches up with them they will be in a world of trouble. No doubt they are reporting to the mfr that the sale is a "direct to PD sale" and then processing it as an individual officer sale . . . can you say "tax fraud"?

ONLY legal way to avoid the tax is for the PD to purchase the gun with gov't funds, issue to the officer and >1 year later have the officer buy it from the PD. HOWEVER, if the IRS sees this as a trend by the PD, they will get hammered for it, so I can't think of any sane chief who would allow this.

If you buy a PD refurb gun, or trade-in, indeed no FET was paid on it and none will ever be collected. That is perfectly legal.

I've bought a number of guns (5 or 6) from Law Enforcement Equipment over the years and have not had any issues or concerns. Prices are a bit high, but can be negotiated down with a little haggling.

Also, I had a $100 deposit on a gun that fell through and the owner actually made an effort to track me down and return my money. I had moved from MA to NH and he actually called NH information to track me down. Most dealers I know would have returned the money if I showed up, but I can't name one that would actually hunt someone down who had moved out of state.

While it sounds like everyone hasn't had the same sort of customer service, I not only would by from LEE again, but would strongly recommend it.

Good place

I picked up my first handgun there yesterday, The service was outstanding. Helpful and to the point. I picked up a glock 22 at a real good price W/ Free ammo. I was very happy with this place.

Hey Blind,

Thought you were looking for a Beretta 92. Four Seasons has one on their web site for $450, says it's in exc cond. You were only about half an hour from there. Anyways, congrats on your first handgun.

Last edited:
Hey Blind,

Thought you were looking for a Beretta 92. Four Seasons has one on their web site for $450, says it's in exc cond. You were only about half an hour from there. Anyways, congrats on your first handgun.

-Kurt
Yea I know but I saw it glock and fell for it. they threw in a cleaning kit and free ammo. I will still be looking for the 92

Just picked up my new Glock 21SF from them today. Good price and very easy to work with. Also it seems that they have magazines for every gun ever made in that place. I was even able to find mags for my PS90 there!

I'll definately be back there when I gather up enough loot for another handgun :)

Just picked up my new Glock 21SF from them today. Good price and very easy to work with. Also it seems that they have magazines for every gun ever made in that place. I was even able to find mags for my PS90 there!

I'll definately be back there when I gather up enough loot for another handgun :)

What kind of selection of shotguns do they have? I have been thinking of a Benelli and they are listed as a Benelli dealer.

I wasn't paying very close attention to the shotguns but they seemed to have quite a few but the ones I remember were you're normal long barrel 12 gauges.

I have bought 2 long guns and 1 pistol from Law Enforcement Equip. over the years and have always found Walter to be a decent person to deal with. I would recommend them any time. I used to work in the Waltham/Watertown area, so it was nice to be able to hit Law Enforcement, Mc Elhenny's and Four Seasons within a short amount of drive time.

Last edited:
I purchased a glock 19 from the guys at Law Enforcement Supply only after getting the runaround from my chief. Police officers are supposed to have a letter from their chief to purchase a new glock for duty or off duty here in Mass. My chief "insisted" that we all purchase our glocks from his buddy. After finding out he charged another officer about $100 more than the law enforcement price, I asked the chief for a letter to get mine somewhere else. He delayed for 3 months. I found out through a police message board that the guys here will sell it to you on your badge and credentials alone, so I made the (then) hour and a half drive to check them out. They ordered me the glock that I wanted, law enforcement package including nightsites and 3 magazines. I picked it up two days later. As far as I can tell, the price was pretty much what it should have been, and the guys were helpful, not overly friendly but certainly not near-hostile like the folks at the Gun Room.

Overall I was pleased with the service and selection and happy they saved me the extra hassle I was going through at the time.

I visited this store for the first time last week... and I'd have to say that it was a very good experience.

Even though the guys were swamped with more important customers (cops) they made time to make sure I was finding what I was looking for... and was willing to show me what I wanted to see without being too much in a hurry. He juggled the customers pretty well actually.

Anyway... I picked up a great ankle holster and pocket holster while I was in there... and if anyone's looking for S&W Model 60 2" .38's they have 2 of them in there. One was pinned and one was not. Both looked to be in good condition!

Anyway... I give the store an A. I'd go back there for sure.

They DO sell to non LEOs, right?

Yes they do. It's kind of a smallish store, but the owner (looks like Stacy Keach) is a great guy, and very friendly. I work about 10 minutes away, so it's a nice place to waste some extended lunch time at.

Stopped in there late last week to pick up some parts and see if they had any .30 carbine DPX or Federal HSTs (nope) but they have a pretty good selection of ammo overall, with prices maybe a buck or two above average. Plenty of holsters and other accessories. Very friendly. Best part is that it's about a mile from my place.

Pulled the trigger on the Benelli M4 tactical shotgun.
Walter the owner spent a lot of time explaining the gun and showing me the functions. It was a wonderful experience, the rest of the crew were awesome too. A+ for this store.

If you buy a case of ammo, you can often get a good deal there. I bought 500 rounds of .45 for that carbine course, and the price was just about as good as the (hypothetical) mail order houses, after shipping.

Pulled the trigger on the Benelli M4 tactical shotgun.
Walter the owner spent a lot of time explaining the gun and showing me the functions. It was a wonderful experience, the rest of the crew were awesome too. A+ for this store.

I have been thinking of getting an M4 for a while - did they have it in stock or did you have to have it ordered?

They have it in stock, Im going to pick it up Tuesday when my NICS check gets approved..

Excellent. Looks like I will be making a trip down there as soon as I get the time. Don't they have the instant NICS check setup? Why is it taking them a while to get it approved? (just curious)

calsdad:
I haven't shot that gun as of yet so I cant comment much, but it is by far the best looking shotgun I've ever seen!
Plus they will probably give you a small discount on that gun off the listed price!

Not that coz I have any records on me...but since Im Canadian (non US citizen), I get delayed everytime for a day...[crying]

Last edited:
calsdad:
I haven't shot that gun as of yet so I cant comment much, but it is by far the best looking shotgun I've ever seen!
Plus they will probably give you a small discount on that gun off the listed price!

Not that coz I have any records on me...but since Im Canadian (non US citizen), I get delayed everytime for a day...[crying]

Ah - ok, that explains the delay. I am going to try and take a trip up there in the next week or so and see if they have the M4 available. I had been thinking of a few other purchases - so I have to make up my mind what I want to get.

Just got back from taking a trip down to Law Enforcement Supply and I thought they were great to deal with.

Bought myself a Benelli M4 to celebrate the Heller decision and they had it in stock and at a good price. He even gave me a good deal on a slug choke and threw in a couple of boxes of shells so I could try the gun out.

There was a few guys alread in there when I came in, and while I was talking with him a few more people came thru, including a couple of pretty good looking women.

I would give Law Enforcement Supply a thumbs up.

Some of the issues that have gotten brought up here before may have been due to the owners lack of familiarity with computers - he is still doing everything by hand (no computer for NICS checks or anything like that)

I have a Benelli M-4 the gun is sweat, the only downside is its a bitch to get accesories for it.

Went in today to buy some ammo. I was in a hurry because I have exams and such but I really like this store. FS is better, but one of them is a half hour drive, the other is a 2-3 minute drive.

Congrats on your M4 Calsdad...

I bought some heavy game loads from Walter today to see if it will fix my cycle problem on my M4 shooting lighter loads.

I like this shop over FS as there are less people around and seems like you get more personal attention..

Back
Top Bottom