Last Maine Match this Sat.

PatMcD

NES Member
This coming Saturday (the 10th) is the final match in the State of maine for 2005. Up in Hampden. See you there.

Anything left in NH or Mass?

Brent and I are shooting in the NH state SR Champ in Nashua on the 1st. After that there is one more 50 shot NMC at Reading in November.

Arkansas type South.

I forget to ask where you shoot in Maine. I've shot Bench Rest years back at Augusta, Capitol City R&P, and I understand they also do High Power. If I go there, I may have to bring my father along to visit. They know him well. He pretty much quit shooting (he's 80 now), but used to score targets for them.

I just finished making out our schedule for the remainder of 2005 and all of 2006 to send to the NRA for our approved matches. Oh, BTW, we shoot all year long. [lol]

It's the whole reading and shooting in the wind at 600. That's where practice comes in. As you know the wind at Perry changes quite a bit.

derek said:
It's the whole reading and shooting in the wind at 600. That's where practice comes in. As you know the wind at Perry changes quite a bit.

I agree. Ft Gordon was like that this past weekend. However, even Daniel and C.J. shoot the same scores whether it's reduced or full distance. (Unless it's really an outrageous wind condition)

derek said:
We shot in Hampden. I haven't shot in Agusta yet. Maybe I will next year.
Gus Norcross was the Match Director in Augusta. Notice i said "was". He gave it up for this year, so there have been no matches there at all. Maybe next year. By the way, Augusta is a 200yd range only. That MR-52 target is very unforgiving (10-ring is 3.79").

PatMcD said:
derek said:
We shot in Hampden. I haven't shot in Agusta yet. Maybe I will next year.
Gus Norcross was the Match Director in Augusta. Notice i said "was". He gave it up for this year, so there have been no matches there at all. Maybe next year. By the way, Augusta is a 200yd range only. That MR-52 target is very unforgiving (10-ring is 3.79").

Better than having an X-Ring that's really a 1/16" dot (.062") at 100 yards, scope and bags or not.

Nickle said:
Better than having an X-Ring that's really a 1/16" dot (.062") at 100 yards, scope and bags or not.

scope and bags??? what are those???
100yds??? I don't think my eyes can focus that close! :D Wait.....focus on the front sight stupid!

PatMcD said:
Nickle said:

scope and bags??? what are those???
100yds??? I don't think my eyes can focus that close! :D Wait.....focus on the front sight stupid!

Allowed in the class I was competing in. 10 pound limit, 6mm or larger, 30-30 case capacity minimum, 6X scope max. The 10 ring is .500 at 100 yards, the X-ring I mentioned. Not unusual to see a 249 score not get honorable mention.

Don't forget, not ALL of us are High Power shooters, though I did give up on Bench Rest competition. I'll be dabbling in High Power a little for fun in the future. I've got 3 guns I can use, and make my own ammo. That's a start.

Nickle said:
Don't forget, not ALL of us are High Power shooters, though I did give up on Bench Rest competition. I'll be dabbling in High Power a little for fun in the future. I've got 3 guns I can use, and make my own ammo. That's a start.

I shot Rimfire Benchrest for a while. All shot at 50yds (36X scope!!). It definitely makes you good reader of wind. I shot Highpower for the first time a few years ago and I haven't touched my Benchrest stuff since. My Anschutz wasn't a waste of money, though; makes for great offhand practice.

RobertInMaine said:
I have 9 October as the last one in Hampden. No?
I can't go on Saturday. My wife has to work and my boy has a soccer game :(

Oct. 9 is a Long Range Match only (3-600yd matches). Sat. is the last XTC match.

Scott B and myself will be there Saturday. I'm going to shoot F class again in October, I just gotta work the Savage one more time.
DD

Back
Top Bottom