las vegas: Interesting DUI checkpoint encounter

Jrjr

NES Member

the guy is obviously looking for a fight, and it seems that the police handled it well. At the same time, he is well within his rights to not answer questions without an attorney present.

regardless, very interesting. posted this in another forum under the leo category.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not see this as wanting a fight. Just the opposite. He exercised his rights politely. It was extremely well handled by the police also.

You would be surprised to what you consent to when you sign for your drivers license. Read the fine print when you renew.

Last edited:
the guy is obviously looking for a fight, and it seems that the police handled it well.

So these POS thugs with badges make every attempt they can at trampling your legal rights, but the law-obiding guy driving the car is the one looking for a fight? Right....

Not to be one to fall into lock step with the mob, I'd like to point out that the LEO's handled themselves exceptionally well and professionally. We are all so quick to jump on the bad cops, lets give credit where credit is due.

Any time I have encountered LEO's, I just say yessir, nossir, and I'm on my way.

I see not answering a yes or no question as being confrontational. Constitutional no doubt. Obviously he was within his rights to not answer questions without a lawyer present, etc. I am against checkpoints in America, I am disgusted by the TSA, etc. I also am sound minded enough to answer "no" at a dui checkpoint.

Especially here in prm...

Guy has stones for sure. Good for him.

They acted the way they are supposed to, they did their jobs correctly.How sad is it that they are the exception and not the rule ?
Are they?

I'm not so sure.

Of all the interactions I've had with LEOs in my life, only once was the officer a bully with a badge (that includes a rather unfortunate incident when I found myself looking down the barrel of an officer's sidearm). I see a lot of people here with a pretty big hate-on for cops, but a great number of those people are generally dicks when they post so it's hardly a surprise to hear that they have had "incidents" with LEOs.

So, you don't like us speaking generally about cops but it's ok to rag on our members generally. I would trust the members here more than the cops I've dealt with.

If he had answered the question with a simple "no, I haven't" would he have had to continue answering questions, or could he have then shut up and been allowed to leave?

Who can say. Clearly he wasn't playing their game so they got rid of him quickly lest the sheep see and stop rolling over and submitting without question.

So, you don't like us speaking generally about cops but it's ok to rag on our members generally.
I didn't say I didn't like anyone speaking generally about cops and I'm not ragging on any one generally, I simply questioned your statement and shared my experiences. Don't read more into things than what is actually there.

I would trust the members here more than the cops I've dealt with.
That's nice.

Not to be one to fall into lock step with the mob, I'd like to point out that the LEO's handled themselves exceptionally well and professionally. We are all so quick to jump on the bad cops, lets give credit where credit is due.
Oh absolutely, those cops did a very good job.

However, that's what they're paid for.

Sadly, if they weren't being professional, they'd at worst get a paid vacation.

Last edited:
I agree these cops did a really good job.. But I think if we saw more people standing up for there rights like this you would see the laws change quickly and we would be forced to answer questions or face being arrested.

I agree these cops did a really good job.. But I think if we saw more people standing up for there rights like this you would see the laws change quickly and we would be forced to answer questions or face being arrested.

I doubt it. They get paid to stand there all night, and even if they block up traffic for miles there will be no punishment of any sort.

Then again, the checkpoints are not really the creation of the LEO's. The real problem is with the ****ed up courts that "protected" the ability for them to run these checkpoints in the first place, and the dumbass sheeple that would never support a legislative change demanding that such checkpoints be banned by law.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom