large capacity feeding device WTF?

ridleyman

NES Member
WTF large feeding device?:

From Boston Globe 6-7-20:

"Through a pat frisk, officers recovered a .22 caliber Heritage MFG revolver loaded with a live round and five spent casings in the cylinder and Baggett was arrested, police said.

He is set to be arraigned in Dorchester Municipal Court.

Separately, police arrested Robert Lewis, 61, of Boston at 12:40 p.m. Friday on illegal gun charges in Roxbury as part of an investigation, the department said in a statement Saturday.

Officers said they went to 3 Woodbine St. in Roxbury, believing Lewis possessed an illegal gun, A loaded .22LR caliber Ruger handgun was recovered from inside his jacket pocket, police said.

Lewis is facing multiple charges, including unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and possession of a large capacity feeding device, police said"

Last edited:

"Through a pat frisk, officers recovered a .22 caliber Heritage MFG revolver loaded with a live round and five spent casings in the cylinder and Baggett was arrested, police said.

Separately, police arrested Robert Lewis, 61, of Boston at 12:40 p.m. Friday on illegal gun charges in Roxbury as part of an investigation, the department said in a statement Saturday.

Officers said they went to 3 Woodbine St. in Roxbury, believing Lewis possessed an illegal gun, A loaded .22LR caliber Ruger handgun was recovered from inside his jacket pocket, police said.

Lewis is facing multiple charges, including unlawful possession of a firearm, unlawful possession of ammunition, and possession of a large capacity feeding device, police said"

Article here
All three charges seem to be based on him not having a license. Need a license to possess a large cap mag

All three charges seem to be based on him not having a license. Need a license to possess a large cap mag

I'm not aware if any Ruger .22LR handgun having over 10 rd magazines available for them. I wouldnt be surprised if ProMag made one though.

Edit: I suppose it's entirely possible it was a 10/22 charger...

————————————————————————————————-

Article here

It looks like two separate instances but the article is behind a paywall.

Bob

From Boston Globe 6-7-20:

“Large capacity feeding device” is language used in MGL. If you’re a MA resident, you may want to go through and actually read your laws.

I'm not aware if any Ruger .22LR handgun having over 10 rd magazines available for them. I wouldnt be surprised if ProMag made one though.

Edit: I suppose it's entirely possible it was a 10/22 charger...
Ha! If it was a charger then they would be calling it an assault weapon of some degree

Looks to be this:
2563FC64-2C0D-4DC6-8759-257D4A7D0CE7.jpeg

Can’t tell if there’s a +2 extension on it, and they don’t show any other magazine.

They called it a LCFD. Let the suspect prove in court that it's not.
Much in the same way with all of the $100 'peban' u notch glock mags can be mis id'd.
Some dickhead cop wants to jam u up on it, they will, and u will spend $$$ defending yourself in court over it.

I bought some mags for my Mark I. They only hold 9 rounds, but if you take it apart and clip the stopper, you can fit 11 rounds in it. I clipped mine so it holds 10. There's a video here showing how to do it, but mine was plastic, so all I needed was a wire cutter to clip it instead of grinding.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TJGT834uCM

"Officers said they went to 3 Woodbine St. in Roxbury" - I interpreted this as they went to his house and found a high cap mag. Could have been for any gun, not necessarily a Ruger.

i am curious, Is there a provision in the MA law for unlawful possession of a "NON-large capacity feeding device" ??
Not that I am aware of. I had to explain to my little girl why she can't have those "big" (25 round) magazines for the 10/22 she recently received for her eighth birthday. Not sure if she understood, but I told her that is the law here in MA and we are stuck with it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom