• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lakeville, Ma. Primary results

Why on earth would you do that.
Hahahaha--never in a million years. I was responding to some guy bashing Wareham, who obviously doesn't know there is ONSET (aka East Fall River), and there is WEST WAREHAM.

Statewide results:

Biden: 524,262
Trump: 340,312
Yup, and then slide most of the Haley votes over to the Biden column for the general election and you have the true Crapachusetts. Crapachusetts will NOT figure into saving the country in November. The residents of Crapachusetts will have to look to their betters in states where patriots dwell to right the ship.

This thread is f***ing useless and shows the ignorance of the voting public in mass is alive and well on NES.

You cannot extrapolate ANYTHING on votes cast for Trump and votes cast for Biden on Tuesday. They were not on the same ballot..... The democrat turnout was VERY low because Biden is the incumbent and running against basically nobody.

Jesus h christ I guess I expected more from nes.

How did democrats vote for haley? Mass has a closed primary system.

What?

Massachusetts is open. They literally ask you which party’s ballot you want.

So yes a Democrat could have voted for Nikki by requesting the Republican ballot.

Am I missing the sarcasm?

What?

Massachusetts is open. They literally ask you which party’s ballot you want.

So yes a Democrat could have voted for Nikki by requesting the Republican ballot.

Am I missing the sarcasm?

You are wrong sir.

If you are registered in a party you are handed a ballot for that party you don't have a choice. Only if you are unenrolled do you get a choice. It is a closed primary system for those that register with a political affiliation. Technically mass is semi closed primary. Now.....there is a large number of unenrolled voters in mass..... so there is no way of statistically finding out how many unenroled people that generally consider themselves democrats chose to take a gop ballot and cast a vote for haley. That's my point.

I'm a registered republican. When I go the the primaries I'm handed a republican ballot I do not get a choice.

You are wrong sir.

If you are registered in a party you are handed a ballot for that party you don't have a choice. Only if you are unenrolled do you get a choice. It is a closed primary system for those that register with a political affiliation. Now.....there is a large number of unenrolled voters in mass..... so there is no way of statistically finding out how many unenroled people that generally consider themselves democrats chose to take a gop ballot and cast a vote for haley. That's my point.

I'm a registered republican. When I go the the primaries I'm handed a republican ballot I do not get a choice.
Interesting.

My understanding of “open” was wrong. Looks like 56% of MA voters are unaffiliated.

Interesting.

My understanding of “open” was wrong. Looks like 56% of MA voters are unaffiliated.
You get my point right? There is no statistical way to really pin down how many people who are unenrolled that are really dems chose a gop ballot to vote for haley and how many of those haley votes were acautl Republicans that chose to vote for her.

I'm not a fan really of closed primaries. I would like to register as a libertarian to add to that parties registerd count....but if I do....I'll be handed a libertarian ballot in primaries and that's kinda useless. Although I could disenroll I guess.

You get my point right? There is no statistical way to really pin down how many people who are unenrolled that are really dems chose a gop ballot to vote for haley and how many of those haley votes were acautl Republicans that chose to vote for her.

I'm not a fan really of closed primaries. I would like to register as a libertarian to add to that parties registerd count....but if I do....I'll be handed a libertarian ballot in primaries and that's kinda useless. Although I could disenroll I guess.
I certainly do now.

Hahahaha--never in a million years. I was responding to some guy bashing Wareham, who obviously doesn't know there is ONSET (aka East Fall River), and there is WEST WAREHAM.
I was joking guy. There are parts of Wareham that are pretty shitty.

I disagree. It supports my assertion that MA is a very liberal state that Biden will easily win in November.
Well, you're probably right that Mass is a very liberal state, but the Primary election that was just held, didn't have Trump up against Biden. Your ballot didn't give you a choice between those two candidates. If you were a Democrat, your ballot had Biden and some other democrat. If you are a Republican, your choices were Trump, Haley, Desantis, etc. If you are unenrolled, you could choose either the Democrat OR Republican ballot to use, not both. Nobody had the option to vote for Biden over Trump, or Trump over Biden.

So showing a results number of Biden totals vs Trump totals, gives a false number; it doesn't mean anything. All it shows is that more people probably are enrolled as Democrats, and those voters chose Biden probably by an extremely large margin over the other no-name D they had on there. The Republican vote was definitely split by a wider margin by Haley voters.

I predict in the Presidential election, where you actually vote Trump vs. Biden, it'll be a lot closer than you think. And seeing how much Biden has f***ed up this country, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Trump carries Mass.

We have a closed primary in mass. Tell me how dems voted for haley please.

It's simple. All they had to do was switch to unenrolled/independent/undeclared before the primary and vote for whatever party they wanted. NH is a good example.

"At a rally in New Hampshire this week, Donald Trump railed against liberal efforts to “infiltrate” the state’s upcoming Republican primary, accusing Democrats and Never Trump conservatives of conspiring to elect Nikki Haley."

Edit to add: i 'm listed as unenrolled. When I went to vote in MA, I was asked which ballot I wanted, Republican, which was blue or Democrat, which was red.
"Jesus h christ I guess I expected more from nes." ~Whacko

Last edited:
I know at least three liberals who voted for Haley in the Republican primary. They said they couldn't vote for Biden or Trump.

So showing a results number of Biden totals vs Trump totals, gives a false number; it doesn't mean anything. All it shows is that more people probably are enrolled as Democrats, and those voters chose Biden probably by an extremely large margin over the other no-name D they had on there. The Republican vote was definitely split by a wider margin by Haley voters.
In MA, 29% of voters are registered Democrats. 9% are Republicans, 60% are unenrolled. During primaries, unenrolled voters can vote in either primary.

If we look at those primary vote totals, Biden got 61% of those votes, Trump got 39%. Is this a made up number? Yes, Trump and Biden were not on the same ballot and weren’t running against each other.

But let’s look at recent presidential elections in MA. Here are the percentages for D vs R:

2020: 65/32
2016: 60/33
2012: 61/38
2008: 62/36
2004: 62/37
2000: 60/33

Do you see the pattern? Do you see how the primary votes follow the same pattern?

I think it is fair to say that the 2024 primary results support my assertion that MA is a liberal state and it will be true to form in November. That is, Biden will win MA with roughly 60% of the vote and Trump will get the majority of the remaining votes. Since MA is a winner take all electoral college state, Biden will receive all the electoral college votes.

Dighton:
Trump: 760
Haley: 245
Biden: 416

I was there much of the day. We had a pop up tent and handed out Trump 2024 signs and bumper stickers. The ladies in the polling place were telling me that “everyone is pulling Republican ballots”. People in our town will vote Republican again.

Still leaving Massachusetts for Tennessee. Love my town, hate the state. The democrat elites and their mendicant hordes are squeezing out the middle class.

This thread is f***ing useless and shows the ignorance of the voting public in mass is alive and well on NES.

You cannot extrapolate ANYTHING on votes cast for Trump and votes cast for Biden on Tuesday. They were not on the same ballot..... The democrat turnout was VERY low because Biden is the incumbent and running against basically nobody.

Jesus h christ I guess I expected more from nes.
Lighten up Francis!

Despite the bitching and moaning Mass will vote for Biden. I hate to say it but the majority of people are good with how things are going in this state. I hope I'm wrong and we get surprised but I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom