LA Times article and poll

jcr

There's an article in the LA Times about a gun dealer in WI. He transfered a gun to an FFL in Virginia, who sold it to the VATech murderer.

The dealer also sold a couple box magazines and holster to the NIU murderer.

The LA Times seems confused that the "evil gun dealer" doesn't seem that evil -- aside from the scary guns.

Second column, just down a bit, vote in the poll: "Would you feel safer on a campus knowing that some students or faculty might be carrying guns?"

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-guns5mar05,0,938551.story

C'mon folks...

Would you feel safer on a campus knowing that some students or faculty might be carrying guns?
35.9%
Yes
64.1%
No

It's up to 39% now. I had to comment, couldn't let it go. It constantly amazes me how many people possess no logical/critical thinking skills at all.

Poorly worded poll question anyway. I am not surprised by those results

48% yes
52% no

One of the comments:

I never realized how easy it is to solve this problem! "Everybody just carry guns". "Just say 'yes'". Now everything is automatically taken care of. Someone cuts you off on the road, just shoot 'em. Someone disagrees with your political views, shoot 'em. Someone don't like a gay kid, shoot 'em. Someone don't like the color of their clothes, shoot 'em. Someone don't like the grade they got from their teacher, shoot 'em. Someone takes your parking spot, shoot 'em. Someone don't like their boss and co-workers, shoot 'em. What could be easier!! Oh.... but wait, geez, we're already doing that!!!

Please, do not procreate and jump of a bridge you POS. A lot of people carry guns, and you know what, that is NOT happening. ESAD MF.

It's up to 37.7% would rather more people carrying. I guess teh other 62.3% feels safer when only the bad guy has a gun.
[rolleyes]

yeah, right..... the good guy might miss the bad guy and hit an innocent person.....thats why we should let the bad guy just kill everyone.... I guess....[thinking]

48.9 yes...

Last edited:
Yeah! I made the tying vote: 50-50% now at 860!

Clearing the cookie a few times definitely helped. :D

Who wrote that article?

a shoulder-fired, semiautomatic, long-range rifle that takes jumbo .50-caliber bullets.

[rofl][rofl]

Would you feel safer on a campus knowing that some students or faculty might be carrying guns?
51.7% Yes
48.3% No
904 total responses

Back
Top Bottom