• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Knob Creek

SKS Ray

NES Member
Has nyone here ever been to the Knob Creek shoots? I hear about em and see footage/pics all the time from diferent forums and even Mail Call's episode showing the fun. I'd like to go and rent some MG time, and an MG of course. [lol] I just don't know about the wait, accessability, and prices.
Be great to get a bus trip together from Mass.

Just goes to show where my brain is... I see Knob Creek and the first thing I think is "oh, somebody's starting a thread about bourbon!"
trink08.gif

SiameseRat said:
Just goes to show where my brain is... I see Knob Creek and the first thing I think is "oh, somebody's starting a thread about bourbon!"
trink08.gif

I'll drink to that!

The closest I have come to a real machine gun shoot is the annual Westfield shoot, usually at the end of October.

SiameseRat said:
trink08.gif

hehe same here. I really don't like it. I find Knob Creek to be a very "rough" tasting bourbon.

I prefer Wild Turkey, or Maker's Mark.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

PS: I've never shot full-auto, but I'd LOVE to go to the shoot!

Well to float along the other topic part of this one... I'm a Jim Beam Black kinda person myself. Its smoother than Jack Daniels, not as bitter as regular Jim Beam or Knob Creek, and doesn't have the bite that the higher proof stuff like Knob Creek, Old Grandad, etc. does. I've tried all the Beam family Bourbons, including Booker's (tasty but way too potent) and I gotta say Jim Beam Black has the best taste with just the right amount of proof.
Now back to machine guns. :D If you folks get a chance, catch the Mail Call episode where R Lee Ermey goes to Knob Creek.

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Well to float along the other topic part of this one... I'm a Jim Beam Black kinda person myself. Its smoother than Jack Daniels, not as bitter as regular Jim Beam or Knob Creek, and doesn't have the bite that the higher proof stuff like Knob Creek, Old Grandad, etc. does. I've tried all the Beam family Bourbons, including Booker's (tasty but way too potent) and I gotta say Jim Beam Black has the best taste with just the right amount of proof.
Now back to machine guns. :D If you folks get a chance, catch the Mail Call episode where R Lee Ermey goes to Knob Creek.

I think that someone posted that on here somewhere. It's the whole video. It's pretty sweet.

Move?

Hell, last year, there was a guy next to me from Mass, had a 1919A4 in 8mm. Man, you should've seen the muzzle flash on that.

Just come up and visit. It isn't that far.

Back
Top Bottom