Knives

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
The whole collection (except for the shortsword, two leatherman tools & 4 swiss army knives)

DSCF0001.jpg

another view
DSCF0002.jpg

Our eating daggers. Both hand made by Shadowmaker of Carillon (MKA E. Wayne Urstadt) Kathy's is the tanto with the compass rose from her coat of arms and the wolf-handled one is mine - the primary charge on my arms is a wolf. Kathy's also has a silver rose, hand carved, on the end, with a garnet set in the middle.
DSCF0004.jpg

the oldies in my collection. An M5 bayonet that was a gift from my buddy and a WWII souvenir that I picked up at a garage sale many years ago. Apparently there was quite a cottage industry making these toys for GI's to bring home... hilt & scabbard are carved bone. Blade is really cheap steel.
DSCF0005.jpg

Two more Shadowmaker knives - the Beast is top (the serial number is 666) and the lower knife is pattern welded (what some people call "Damascus")
DSCF0007.jpg

And two MORE Shadowmaker knives. Beauty (because she IS) and one of two folders that Shadowmaker ever made.
DSCF0008.jpg

Commercial stuff. The middle one is a Gerber Command 1 - best blade in the pic.
DSCF0009.jpg

Working knives
DSCF0010.jpg

More working knives
DSCF0011.jpg

Two watch fobs and a specialty knife - the short blade shown on the "Favorite" is specifically designed for opening friction fit wrist & pocket watch cases.
DSCF0012.jpg

Note that if the knives have wear and tear on them, it's because they get CARRIED. If I wanted museum pieces, they'd never have left the box. As it is, I know what they all can do and when to use them. Or wear them, as the case may be. Beauty & the Beast are my knives that I wear at SCA feasts and events, for example.

Anyway, thought you folks might like to see them.

Last edited:
Finally got around to taking some shots of some of mine. I keep most of them in a chest with 4 drawers.

These are mostly Case and other brands I've collected over the years. I have almost every small coke bottle variation made except for a mother of pearl one. Most of the other Case knives are diferent shield variations, limited editions, etc. Theres a few old pocket knives in there that are very old.

knives1.jpg

This next drawer has my tactical knives including my carry knife, an SOG Flash. Sitting next to the left of it is a Flash that was autographed by Spencer Frazier using some type of electropencil on the blade.
The butterfly knife with the black and silver handles is what I carried when I was younger untill I got tired of being hassled about having it by police. Its a Benchmade Balisong I got when I was 15. I think its illegal to carry it now.
There are a few more collectables in there that I didn't have room for in the other drawer.

knives2.jpg

Out of these next 3, the only 2 that go in a drawer are the stag handled one on bottom and the boot knife in the middle. I honestly can't remember where I got them from but do remember that the stag handled one was made by a famous builder in England. The boot knife is some kind of tribute knife. Theres a military symbol near the grip but I've lost the paper work for it and don't remember what it means. The top knife is a tanto blade by Ontario Knife company. Very well made and definitely something you want with you in a survival enviroment.

knives3.jpg

This is only about 3/4s of my entire collection. Some are tucked away in totes in the original boxes and some are on the wall. I have some very old autos too but left them out of the pictures.
This was where a good chunk of my moeny went since I was about 13. Of course it pretty much stopped once I discovered guns.[smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom