Show me your Knives! ... do we have a knife thread yet?

zt0566scopeps1-L.jpg

Last edited:
These are file pictures, I don't have any pics of my knives:

The first one is my trusty Myerchin B300

B300.jpg
that has taken a pretty good beating over the last 20 years. I've even used the thing as a hammer on sail needles while finishing whippings on double braided nylon splices. I liked it so much, I bought another one (the first one was issued to me), but it is serrated (B300P).
313SDPRCsNL.jpg

I bought a smaller crew knife for the boy (L377P) with a red light on it. Great knives, but not urban EDC knives.

Myerchin-Rigging-Light-Knife-Crew-Pro-L377P.jpg

So I just ordered 2 Blue Ridge/EESE Zancudo 3" folders
blue-ridge-knives-esee-knives-folders-3.jpg

Nothing special, $30 at Dick's Sporting Goods...picked it up tonight while i was grabbing some 5.56...

ypumudam.jpg

remejuny.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

This was a gift from my Wife (Cowgirlup on NES).

It is a custom-made Knife & Sheath with Micarta grip/handle - by "Crash Blades".

Last edited:
Can anybody recommend me a decent spring assisted knife between about 20-30$? The only criteria is that it needs to have a 2.5" blade...in case a Boston trip happens and I decide to comply with the law. Seems like a pretty good excuse to buy a new knife too [smile]

never leave home without it

lol, im not much of a knife guy, i would love an OTF micro tech and a treeman pathfinder or survival knife someday but i have too many other things on my to-get list. here is what i have.

Esee 3-mil i just got

Left to right: Old Swiss army knife ethat was my grandfathers, it goes in the leather sheath with the rocky mountain saw, i figured i'd throw those in there because I've never seen that kit before. Grandfathers K-Bar from Korea. Newer K-Bar. Benchmade AFO Auto. Benchmade 3550. Esee 3-Mil.

somewhere i do have a hitler youth knife, not 100% sure if it is original or a replica, that was my grandfathers, i should dig that out and show it.

vapu9ery.jpg

Top to Bottom, Left to Right
CRKT Hammond Cruiser
Boker AK74 (converted to auto)
Blank made by a guy at a Gun Show, Spalted maple handle by me
Dajo Ascent
KnifeKits.com Skinner blank, red palm handle by me
Scandi grind blank in progress
Kershaw Tremor
Buck 170
Boker+ / Dozier Designs AK Skinner
Buck Paklite Skinner
Baladeo 37g Conrad Anker Limited Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vapu9ery.jpg

Top to Bottom, Left to Right
CRKT Hammond Cruiser
Boker AK74 (converted to auto)
Blank made by a guy at a Gun Show, Spalted maple handle by me
Dajo Ascent
KnifeKits.com Skinner blank, red palm handle by me
Scandi grind blank in progress
Kershaw Tremor
Buck 170
Boker+ / Dozier Designs AK Skinner
Buck Paklite Skinner
Baladeo 37g Conrad Anker Limited Edition

Are the knifekits blades worth buying? The price seems low, I order kydex from them, and have almost ordered a fix blade kit on several occasions but they almost seem too cheap (not that I have the slightest clue what I am talking about).

Are the knifekits blades worth buying? The price seems low, I order kydex from them, and have almost ordered a fix blade kit on several occasions but they almost seem too cheap (not that I have the slightest clue what I am talking about).

It's not stellar, but I can get an edge enough on this blade to shave hair. For skinning, I am sure it would be fine. If I was doing any carving or utility work with it, it might not hold an edge long. I don't know though. It's too specialized to really not work.

It was hardened really nicely from them though. Enough that I had to anneal the handle with a torch before drilling the holes for the pins.

It's not stellar, but I can get an edge enough on this blade to shave hair. For skinning, I am sure it would be fine. If I was doing any carving or utility work with it, it might not hold an edge long. I don't know though. It's too specialized to really not work.

It was hardened really nicely from them though. Enough that I had to anneal the handle with a torch before drilling the holes for the pins.

Good to know. I may spring for one of them next time I order some kydex.

photo(12).jpgphoto(13).jpgphoto(14).jpgBad pics on phone but here are the ones in the dresser........
I HAD a really nice RAT cutlery fixed blade that I lost in the Saco river- it said goodbye by cutting my drunk stomach about 6 inches across before descending into the abyss laughing (maybe the laughing was in my head). Be careful with neck holsters when climbing aboard a canoe from the water drunk.

Last edited:
From top to bottom

Cold steel AK 47 i got yesterday for the times i can't carry my glock 26

S&W swat knife main edc and cutting tasks

Boker subcom hideaway knife

Imperial knife from RI that my grandfather passed down to my dad and i wanted it because of the shiny pearl grips.

image.jpg

If i could carry the lightning otf i would ..

And the cabelas multitool my mom gave me this past christmas gets carried sometimes

image.jpg

View attachment 86772View attachment 86773View attachment 86774Bad pics on phone but here are the ones in the dresser........
I HAD a really nice RAT cutlery fixed blade that I lost in the Saco river- it said goodbye by cutting my drunk stomach about 6 inches across before descending into the abyss laughing (maybe the laughing was in my head). Be careful with neck holsters when climbing aboard a canoe from the water drunk.

Neck sheaths are very dangerous. I learned the hard way also with a small cold steel knife when I was in the army. It fell out and got stuck inside my tucked in t shirt. Sliced me in 3 places (not badly) before I could get it out.

Search the back posts - I ordered a kit and built one (3 times) before I built one I made for my Dad - it's a folder. fun to build with some tools I felt I needed to but to build. I'll do another when I find time...relaxing work. Rewarding and gives a new appreciation into knife making

Back
Top Bottom