KIDD 10/22 build

I have 4 bricks of cci standard velocity so thanks for the offer but I'm good

we have an indoor 22 shoot at mobeach offhand at 50 feet

Is green tag worthy of off hand ? Stuffs like 20 cents or more per round these days.

I have 4 bricks of cci standard velocity so thanks for the offer but I'm good

we have an indoor 22 shoot at mobeach offhand at 50 feet

Is green tag worthy of off hand ? Stuffs like 20 cents or more per round these days.

If your using the A36 light rifle target its a tad under 3moa 10 ring....
CCI SV should be well capable in a good 22?
Save the green tag for some long range prone supported work.

I used wolf match and it did fine
the trouble with off hand for me is the wobble from a heavy gun
I managed 3 x's but only got in the black on 7 of the 10 on each of the 3 targets . first time with the gun scored 57,50 and 57 I came in 2nd , winner was 200 with 7 x's
the x or 10 is just a dot
for offhand, it would be better to have a carbon fiber barrel 22, nice and light

I used wolf match and it did fine
the trouble with off hand for me is the wobble from a heavy gun
I managed 3 x's but only got in the black on 7 of the 10 on each of the 3 targets . first time with the gun scored 57,50 and 57 I came in 2nd , winner was 200 with 7 x's
the x or 10 is just a dot
for offhand, it would be better to have a carbon fiber barrel 22, nice and light

Nice.... awful hand is a game of practice. I do off hand dry fire practice at home.
The wobble is in unstoppable... a heavy gun "generally" is easier to control the wobble.
I find not taking a long time on the shot does the best for me. If I don't get the shot off in like 5 sec. I reset and try again.
Congrats on 2nd place.

Nice.... awful hand is a game of practice. I do off hand dry fire practice at home.
The wobble is in unstoppable... a heavy gun "generally" is easier to control the wobble.
I find not taking a long time on the shot does the best for me. If I don't get the shot off in like 5 sec. I reset and try again.
Congrats on 2nd place.

Light gins are not necessarily easy to control. I built a 22 rimfire AR for steel on a polymer receiver with a carbon fiber barrel, stock, and a lot of titanium parts. The rifle came in at 3.7 lbs with the optic. Works great for steel, but when I zero it I can see the dot move with my heart beat.

Light gins are not necessarily easy to control. I built a 22 rimfire AR for steel on a polymer receiver with a carbon fiber barrel, stock, and a lot of titanium parts. The rifle came in at 3.7 lbs with the optic. Works great for steel, but when I zero it I can see the dot move with my heart beat.

You will get that with a heavy gun too.
Seeing your heart beat is normal and for me is a good indication your focussing on the sight.
This is why you see match shooters with those heavy jackets. It's more to dampen the pulse than "support".
My wobble looks like an infinity symbol. As it comes up on the right at starts to drop back down to the left and center I try to get the shot off. Setting up your stance or Natural Point of aim is more critical than the wobble control. Eventually with practice the wobble will be less.
When I first started shooting cmp/nra matches my off had wobble was 5 ring...now on good days I can keep the wobble inside the 8 ring... the lightest gun I shoot in cmp is 8lbs that's my "modern military match" AR.
My NRA service rifle AR comes in at 14lbs... my off hand with that rifle is always better.

If your using the A36 light rifle target its a tad under 3moa 10 ring....
CCI SV should be well capable in a good 22?
Save the green tag for some long range prone supported work.

I'm of the mind that Green Tag is unnecessary for off hand. On a steady rest, with a 6x scope, my Kidd will shoot into one hole at 25 yards with CCI standard velocity. Not really even a ragged hole. Just a hole. Most people are lucky to shoot 6 MOA offhand. So its kind of pointless.

Re barrel weight. My kidd has a full bull 22" barrel with no flutes. It is heavy. I also have a Ruger 10/22 with a tapered 22" barrel. I find the Kidd easier to hold steady for short periods.

But for longer strings, the kidd gets heavy. But I still shoot better with the heavier bbl.

Don

kidd01_zpsrje8na2d.JPG

I'm of the mind that Green Tag is unnecessary for off hand. On a steady rest, with a 6x scope, my Kidd will shoot into one hole at 25 yards with CCI standard velocity. Not really even a ragged hole. Just a hole. Most people are lucky to shoot 6 MOA offhand. So its kind of pointless.

Re barrel weight. My kidd has a full bull 22" barrel with no flutes. It is heavy. I also have a Ruger 10/22 with a tapered 22" barrel. I find the Kidd easier to hold steady for short periods.

But for longer strings, the kidd gets heavy. But I still shoot better with the heavier bbl.

Don

View attachment 188778

For the most part a heavy gun takes your small muscles out of play. Relying on bone support and big muscles makes for less wobble.

Congrats on 2nd place.

forgot to mention, there were only 2 of us in match category [smile][rofl]

thanks guys

I keep learning

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet rifle!

Don

View attachment 188778

Back
Top Bottom