• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Keltec jam

At the range today my sub 2000 was acting up. So I took it apart in the field cleaned out all the shtuff and same problem. In a nutshell the bolt will not slide freely to close on the next round. Now I'm home Keltec is squeaky clean and same thing.
Question do I now completely disassemble it (trigger group and all) or do send it Keltec for service.
Thanks for the help,
Joe

Kel-Tec forums usually call for a "Fluff and Buff" on their pistols. No idea what they recommend on the rifles, but you might want to search the Kel-Tec forums and see.

"Fluff and Buff" is a process of polishing and smoothing the pistols so that they operate more consistently. My P32 needed it and since has been a great little pocket gun.

+1 on checking the Kel-Tec owners forum. I bought a sub-2000 a while ago and about 300 rounds later I've had no problems.
When you took it down for cleaning, did you check for any burrs or rough surfaces? Lube where suggested in the manual. Also, could the magazines or the ammo be the problem?

Not mags or ammo. I am not able to slide the bolt freely empty,no burrs more lube than necessary at this point trying to free it up

Back
Top Bottom