Kel Tec SU16CA?

Kel Tec seems to believe these are ban-friendly, I would tend to agree from a logical standpoint. However no one seems to have them in MA, or will ship them here. Was their a specific incident or ruling that I am not seeing. Couldn't find info using search for Kel Tec or SU16.

Just have not seen one at a dealer. I suppose I should head over and ask if they could order me one. My understanding is that the A, B, and CA models are AWB complaint.

My wife has one we got @ Four Seasons a few years back. There was on for sale up @ Bob's last fall. I believe what makes it the "CA" version is that it can't be fired while it's folded in half. I think the regular SU16 can be fired while foled in half.

My wife has one we got @ Four Seasons a few years back. There was on for sale up @ Bob's last fall. I believe what makes it the "CA" version is that it can't be fired while it's folded in half. I think the regular SU16 can be fired while foled in half.
Not true. The A, B and CA models all will not fire when folded. The C and D model can be. There are several variations between the different models. The A model has a Kel-Tec unique front sight on the barrel and a stock that folds for storage (i.e. will not fire folded). The B model has a lighter chrome-lined barrel and chamber with an AR-15 style front sight post. The C model has a true folding stock, moves the front sight to the gas block and has a threaded muzzle. The CA model is like the C model with the A/B stock. The D model is like the C model with forearm rails instead of a folding bipod and different kind of folding stock. A and B models are definitely MA AWB compliant. C and D models are not because of the folding stock and threaded muzzle/flash-hider & bayonet lug . I think the CA model is MA AWB compliant because the threaded muzzle is your one allowable evil feature instead of the pistol grip as is the case with the usual AR-15.

I have a B model and it's a fun carbine to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom