• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Kel Tec KSG optic help

arsco

NES Member
went down to my local concrete box to plink a bit with a friend. The KSG jumped into my range bag. Not looking for the pros or cons of the platform as its too late for that, I had a moment of weakness. I tried to put a pinty pro on there but it just seems too short, should I just do a riser or get something like a vortex strike fire II. I would like to stay on the short side of the price range.

I am noob to shot guns and optics. usually just buy a hand gun and shoot it till it gets boring then go buy another one.

Thanks for the help and I assume the regular amount of amusing posts

lets assume this will be used for less than 75' range. so what ever all that MOA stuff is that I need to learn about would help

75 FEET. yards, who shoots that far i dont have enough neighbors to shoot across that many yards.

riser is twice the cost of the pinty, lol

75 FEET. yards, who shoots that far i dont have enough neighbors to shoot across that many yards.

riser is twice the cost of the pinty, lol
There are simpler risers there for $7-$8 if you know how much higher you need. That one is adjustable.

To be honest I do not see much point for a red dot on a shotgun, but, it will work.

I saw a review on the Primary Arms SLX Micro Prism 1X ACSS Cyclops Optic and I think that may be the next optic I buy.
It's not a red dot but an etched glass optic, a Chevron that also is ranging and has a rangefinder built in.
Focusable, comes with all kinds of different risers already and is illuminated as well as having NV settings for use with NV.
Its not new, but new to me. Everything in the review piqued my interest.

RC

The pinty on a riser lasted about ten rounds till it was floppy. Forgot to bring wrenches. The see all should be here next week. I only made it 20 rounds before I had to stop. Might need to get the extended butt pad

I saw a review on the Primary Arms SLX Micro Prism 1X ACSS Cyclops Optic and I think that may be the next optic I buy.
It's not a red dot but an etched glass optic, a Chevron that also is ranging and has a rangefinder built in.
if you like a chevron tip. i had one of those, and it was saying the top of chevron is to be true at 100yds, bottom at 200yds and there was a dot for 300yds.
i did not find it to work right with neither 55gr .223 nor m855 5.56 so it went back, as it was essentially pointless.

The pinty on a riser lasted about ten rounds till it was floppy. Forgot to bring wrenches. The see all should be here next week. I only made it 20 rounds before I had to stop. Might need to get the extended butt pad
locktite is your help. i torque those bolts to 20 ft/lb and they do stay in place. as it all made out of chinesium - some bolts are just made shittier than others and can strip.

I was in such a rush to go shoot it i assume I didn't snug it down well enough
or it could have been a shittier than others riser. usually that monstrum and utg stuff is ok-ish, but, it is not guaranteed.

Back
Top Bottom