Kearney, NE Man arrested for homemade machine guns

Maybe the same guy here? 8-1/2 years sounds harsh for driving the car when the passenger admits they're his.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18148

A silver star, two bronze stars, and Four Purple hearts. Certainly sheds a different light on the story.

No kidding. As long as he's getting fragged or shot for his country in Iraq he can have all the full auto guns he wants, but God help him if he wants to have guns here in the US. [thinking]

I agree that the guys a moron for so flagrantly breaking laws, but it wasn't too long ago in this nations history that soldiers were allowed to posess the same arms in their home that they did when serving with their units.

I don't even know what else to say.

Another golden example of how uncle sam doesn't give a goddamn rats ass flying f**k about the constitution he swears the little guys to protect on their lives.

This. This right here is the kind of shit we should all be gathering pitchforks and torches over, and storming a federal courthouse.

Jesus. The shit that dude has been through and we're gonna fault him for smoking some pot? Not like the doctors would put him on any other mood/mind altering drugs... But that's okay because they're "govt sanctioned" so they aren't as evil as that silly plant.

ANYONE casting judgement on this guy needs to turn in your guns. You aren't worthy of them. And, you aren't worthy of this country.

I cannot convey to you all exactly how angry this makes me. It's exactly why I got out of the army... Because the uncle sam the military serves is no longer the noble, wise and just uncle. He's now the creepy, sloppy alcholic who rapes your whole family and steals from anyone who comes close enough.

A silver star, two bronze stars, and Four Purple hearts. Certainly sheds a different light on the story.

This warrants some slack in my book, he's earned it. The .gov dosen't exactly give these away. I know a guy who earned a Bronze Star during "peacetime" and had it been two hours earlier the incident would have been on my watch.

Don't ask. I know better.

It says "homemade machine gun". I seem to remember where some court deemed it legal to manufacture a machine gun as long as you didn't sell it. Seems it was out on the west coast somewhere. And not more that a couple of years ago. Wish I could find a link.

It says "homemade machine gun". I seem to remember where some court deemed it legal to manufacture a machine gun as long as you didn't sell it. Seems it was out on the west coast somewhere. And not more that a couple of years ago. Wish I could find a link.

Wow, I'd love to see that story!

In U.S. v. Stewart, 348 F.3d 1132, the 9th circuit of appeals held that mere possession of a homemade machine gun was legal. However, the Supreme Court vacated the decision and on remand (451 F.3d 1071) the court held that Congress did in fact have the power to criminalize the possession of homemade machine guns.

In U.S. v. Stewart, 348 F.3d 1132, the 9th circuit of appeals held that mere possession of a homemade machine gun was legal. However, the Supreme Court vacated the decision and on remand (451 F.3d 1071) the court held that Congress did in fact have the power to criminalize the possession of homemade machine guns.

Congress has the power to criminalize anything we don't stop them from criminalizing.

I'd like to see some of the states that are drafting laws specifically saying that guns made in their states are exempt from federal regulation include full auto in their definitions.

But........but.........but.......I thought people who have been treated for a mental illness couldn't buy guns?

ONLY If Involuntarily confined to a facility for treatment...... Since the generic term "mental illness" includes a host of minor treatable conditions the meer fact of "treatment for mental illness" would disqualify a huge percentage of the population.

Last edited:
I realize this guy is a flaming idiot/moron (wrt his interaction with the police) but it does irritate me when I see that we're putting someone away for doing nothing more than possessing a pile of metal parts configured in a manner that the government doesn't like. [thinking]

-Mike
But its clear they were really bad guys because of the plant the government doesn't like... [thinking]

Lots of pre-crime stopped there... Hard to feel too sorry for anyone driving a car full of fail 81 in a 55, but I don't feel any safer with them "off the street."

What a shame. I hope they're lenient on him based on his heroic service. Poor guy.

I don't. I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. PTSD or not. Nothing gives you an excuse to break the alw. I do hope he gets any treatment he needs, however.

ETA: holy thread resurrection, batman!

Back
Top Bottom