• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

KBB for firearms?

bob6180

NES Member
Hi All,

i did did a search for this, so please don't flame me.

Im trying to figure out the best way to estimate the value of a firearm. Is there an accurate Blue book for firearms? Or is the best bet to browse Armslist/Gunnroker and see what the market will bear?

The firearm in question is an anniversary model Colt 1911 70 series. So it's not super rare, but it's also not an M&P. Trying to see what I can get for it to fund other life needs at this time.

There are books of gun values, but books get outdated and are expensive. Probably not worth it if you are only selling one. Gunbroker and armslist are likely to be more up to date, and more relevant to those of us who aren't dealers. If you are trying to maximize your haul, you could put it up on NES and armslist for more than you think it is worth and slowly drop the price.

PM me and i'll try to remember to check later. i've got an older edition of the gun blue book so it's not going to be 100% accurate, but it'll be pretty close in estimating the value.

Check the online sites for same gun that was sold (not merely listed). You can use the Blue Book to get a rough idea.

You might also search for a Colt forum and search that for info on that particular model.

Thanks. Yeah, not looking to make a profit per se, just want to make sure I can get a marketable value before I decide to sell it or not.

Thanks. Yeah, not looking to make a profit per se, just want to make sure I can get a marketable value before I decide to sell it or not.

As with most things marketable value is going to be in the eye of the beholder. Gun values fluxuate in MA depending if it's a hard to get or very common firearm so don't always take nationwide gun sites as a gauge all the time. If you look on the NES classified they are full of certain Glocks and M&Ps, hence it typically comes down to who is selling at the lowest price. Though, if you have a harder to find gun, that will dictate a higher price then what you might see in another state. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom