Kansas may issue CCW to blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to Liberty, things are pretty well black and white. We're not arguing over Jimi Hendrix vs. Steve Vai here, we're talking about basic human rights. "The middle" is what got us into the mess we're in here in the first place. No one's mad at you (well, maybe Derek, since you called out his Mom, and maybe blindfire, but he's kind of lame anyway, whether or not he's well-sighted :p ;)) here - we're trying to make you see that your opinions are in direct conflict with Freedom. We want you to embrace Freedom and Liberty, because the more of us there are, the fewer of "them" we have to fight with to keep our Liberty secure.

What's this "We" $hit? I think the guy is fully entitled to his opinion and can feel as strongly about something as "We" do. Anything else is just arm twisting and brainwashing. Jus' sayin'.

Just to be clear I never said a totally blind person should be denied the right to own\carry. All I said is I have a problem with a totally blind person CC'ing for personal defense. Now that I'm forced to play devil's advocate I suppose a blind person could grapple with the mugger and pop him....

What's this "We" $hit? I think the guy is fully entitled to his opinion and can feel as strongly about something as "We" do. Anything else is just arm twisting and brainwashing. Jus' sayin'.

The "we" stuff was regarding those of us who are trying to do what I stated in the quoted paragraph; the several who are posting in the thread who feel very strongly about rights being rights regardless of physical or mental infirmity would like to offer up a differing viewpoint for consideration. As has been exhibited in the thread, some people start off on the fence - personally, I'd prefer to live in a country where less people sit on the fence, and more get on one side or the other. If I can facilitate that by spending some time on the internet getting in a pissing contest now and again, I'll give it a shot. Here's a poster who exemplifies what I mean:

MisterHappy said:
actually, my attitude DID change, from non-committal (as it does not directly afect me, knock wood) to....The blind should be able to have the same rights as anyone else.

The guy (assumed) is certainly entitled to whatever opinion he'd like to have. I share the same entitlement, and it's my opinion that many people simply haven't opened their eyes to what the Real Version of Liberty (IMO - of course) is.

The "we" stuff was in direct reference to those of us who are trying to do what I stated in the quoted paragraph; the several who are posting in the thread who feel very strongly about rights being rights regardless of physical or mental infirmity and would like to offer up a differing viewpoint for consideration. As has been proven in the thread, some people start off on the fence - personally, I'd prefer to live in a country where less people sit on the fence, and more get on one side or the other. If I can facilitate that by spending some time on the internet getting in a pissing contest now and again, I'll give it a shot. Here's a poster who exemplifies what I mean:

i think the thing is, some people get caught up and dont realize that most everyone on the forum IS on the the same side of the fence.........we all just have differing opinions as to where and how the fence should be made.

if everyone here was to honestly answer their complete views on guns/ govt/ ect. youd have a thousand differing opinions.....but they would all be generally geared towards the same goal.......its just when they are broken into individual subjects......people loose that clarity and end up labeling people crazed mother hating moonbats.

if everyone here was to honestly answer their complete views on guns/ govt/ ect. youd have a thousand differing opinions.....but they would all be generally geared towards the same goal.......its just when they are broken into individual subjects......people loose that clarity and end up labeling people crazed mother hating moonbats.

You might have a thousand different opinions, but you'd probably also get an overwhelming number saying the same thing. The government has NO PLACE in deciding who arms themselves with what. That, to me and many others, is the ONLY acceptable answer.

but as a matter of practicality.....i really dont see it being a logical decision

Who are you, or anyone for that matter, to decide that? What makes people think they should be able to control and restrict other people's rights so freely? Screw your logic, it's irrelavant. If many people have the logic that you shouldn't be allowed to speak, should it become so?

Who are you, or anyone for that matter, to decide that? What makes people think they should be able to control and restrict other people's rights so freely? Screw your logic, it's irrelavant. If many people have the logic that you shouldn't be allowed to speak, should it become so?

O-PIN-ION......

.....never f***ing said i was the god damn king of the land and that everything i say is law.......

im not lobbying to change the laws, im not protesting anything, im not contacting my senators, reps, governor.....its just the way i rationalized the situation.

and quite honestly, its actually pretty simple logic....just because you cant understand it, dont get all pissy at me.

4b435e3a-733c-6e14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom