Kansas may issue CCW to blind

Status
Not open for further replies.
when do we stop issuing CCW permits to the fatties for our own safety? that's considered a disability in many states.

Good for Kansas, being handicapped shouldnt hinder your rights

the 'slippery slope' works both ways.....

what about the mentally handicapped.....last i checked we dont allow mentally ill to own guns.......should we start letting them buy and carry guns now?

being blind sucks........but youve got to realize there are just some things blind people cannot do........they cant drive cars, fly planes, appraise art, perform surgery, and they cannot use a gun in self defense.....because the fact is, you cannot shoot what you cannot see.

the 'slippery slope' works both ways.....

what about the mentally handicapped.....last i checked we dont allow mentally ill to own guns.......should we start letting them buy and carry guns now?

Absolutely. Do you know many severely retarded people? Most, sadly, haven't a dime of their own to their names, because they're incapable of performing adequately enough to retain most jobs. Therefore, they either stay at home with their parents for their whole lives, (which tend to be shorter than most) or in a truly sad turn of events are without family and are cared for by various volunteer and state agencies. Those who have high enough function to live alone, even some of the time, and are able to afford a gun to protect themselves should not be denied the same rights that you and I were born with. Rights aren't something that the .gov gives us - we have them regardless of what our overseers think about it. We The People give the government power to protect some of those rights legally, as we see fit.

being blind sucks........but youve got to realize there are just some things blind people cannot do........they cant drive cars, fly planes, appraise art, perform surgery, and they cannot use a gun in self defense.....because the fact is, you cannot shoot what you cannot see.

So a blind woman shouldn't be able to belly-shoot a rapist in the act because you don't feel safe with her having a gun? An elderly veteran who's legally blind due to shrapnel injuries taken in Korea should just die when someone breaks in and wants to rob him, and figures it would be easier to knock him off first?

Last edited:
Put a Blind guy in a room that is pitch black and have them shoot at an audible threat then do the same with a sighted guy, anyone think the sighted guy will do better?

And as it has already been pointed out legally blind and totally blind can be worlds apart

mentally handicapped covers more than just those suffering from mental retardation......

would you give a gun to someone with Schizophrenia or another disease that distorts their sense of reality??

So a blind woman shouldn't be able to belly-shoot a rapist in the act because you don't feel safe with her having a gun? An elderly veteran who's legally blind due to shrapnel injuries taken in Korea should just die when someone breaks in and wants to rob him, and figures it would be easier to knock him off first?

what about the guy who cant see because the chemicals he used to mix Meth caused him to go blind (see, spin works both ways)......who shot someone coming to his aid because he couldnt see what he was shooting at.

Last edited:
what about the guy who cant see because the chemicals he used to mix Meth caused him to go blind (see, spin works both ways)......who shot someone coming to his aid because he couldnt see what he was shooting at.

Freedom isn't free. But he negatives are always out weighed by the positives. I'll protect myself, you protect yourself, the government can go F themselves

Blindfire is legally blind and he's a decent shot. I don't see a problem with this unless the person want's to CC and is totally blind. I'm open to the idea of a blind person wanting to be a collector.

A blind man walking down the street is a much bigger target than me for a mugging. Why does he not have the right to defend himself?

mentally handicapped covers more than just those suffering from mental retardation......

would you give a gun to someone with Schizophrenia or another disease that distorts their sense of reality??

I wouldn't give *anyone* a gun. I'm not rich enough for donations. However, it's not my call (nor anyone else's) to to decide who does and doesn't arm themselves. Part of living free is that everyone who is not locked up lives free. There is some inherent risk, but punishing people in advance of their commission of a crime is not a notion that can stand in a free society.

Okay - what about him? You'll disarm a law abiding blind citizen who has not committed a crime so that Joe the Meth Chef won't be able to walk into a shop and buy guns? Is that going to stop him from buying from the guy who gets him Sudafed? Or a customer - one of his dealers? The only person affected by a ban on blind armed people is those who choose to follow laws... Not something a meth chef does.

outyourself.jpg

I would much rather take the chance that some blind, retarded incontinent old geezer *might* pop a cap in my ass on accident than trust .gov to "reasonably" restrict my rights as a free man.

Up next: The deaf and/or dumb amongst us are no longer allowed to exercise their right to free speech or choose whatever religion they want.

ETA: I realize I might not have been clear.

WTF PART OF "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" IS SO FRICKIN HARD TO COMPREHEND?

Last edited:
I wouldn't give *anyone* a gun. I'm not rich enough for donations. However, it's not my call (nor anyone else's) to to decide who does and doesn't arm themselves. Part of living free is that everyone who is not locked up lives free. There is some inherent risk, but punishing people in advance of their commission of a crime is not a notion that can stand in a free society.

really.....because every time someone goes on a shooting spree with a legally purchased gun(Tuscon(?) &VT).....you people are all irate over how they let a known "crazy" person buy a gun.

Okay - what about him? You'll disarm a law abiding blind citizen who has not committed a crime so that Joe the Meth Chef won't be able to walk into a shop and buy guns? Is that going to stop him from buying from the guy who gets him Sudafed? Or a customer - one of his dealers? The only person affected by a ban on blind armed people is those who choose to follow laws... Not something a meth chef does.

obviously the meth head is not going to follow the laws......that hypothetical situation was a jab at your response portraying all blind people like saints........

AND ENOUGH WITH THE "OUT YOURSELF" BULL SHIT........WE GET IT, EVERYONE WHO HAS A DIFFERING OPINION MUST BE AN ANTI-GUN COMMUNIST FREEDOM HATER..........GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY

AND ENOUGH WITH THE "OUT YOURSELF" BULL SHIT........WE GET IT, EVERYONE WHO HAS A DIFFERING OPINION MUST BE AN ANTI-GUN COMMUNIST FREEDOM HATER..........GET OVER YOURSELF ALREADY

You just told me my mother shouldn't be allow to protect herself. That's not a differing opinion, that's moonbattery.

really.....because every time someone goes on a shooting spree with a legally purchased gun(Tuscon(?) &VT).....you people are all irate over how they let a known "crazy" person buy a gun.

I'm not, I just assume it's human nature that people will kill each other. Has been forever, and will be forever. Get over it. The person being "crazy" doesn't mean anything to me, as they weren't locked up due to being incapable of being in society. All you can do is have the means to protect yourself as you see fit to mitigate the risk it will happen to you.

The more I read here, and other places, the more I realize most people want to control other people. I don't understand the compulsion.

1) I have absolutely no problem with the fact that, in both those cases, the firearms were legally obtained.

2) As much as it pains me to paraphrase G-Dubya, either you are with us, and fully committed to the principles of freedom and liberty, or you are against us, and therefor a freedom hating SOB. Pick one.

You just told me my mother shouldn't be allow to protect herself. That's not a differing opinion, that's moonbattery.

No shit. Although, if she's built anything like you, I don't think she needs the gun.

.....because the fact is, you cannot shoot what you cannot see.

Says who? You? Speak for yourself...this blind guys seems to be able to shoot just fine. Do you think he should be denied as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
so if i showed up to the range and picked the stall right next to you, and proceed to put on a blind fold, hell, lets say i gouge my eyes out right there........and proceed to fire my weapon, how long would you honestly stick around?

so if i showed up to the range and picked the stall right next to you, and proceed to put on a blind fold, hell, lets say i gouge my eyes out right there........and proceed to fire my weapon, how long would you honestly stick around?

Same as any other time I'm at the range:

If your shit is pointed downrange, I'd stay all day. If not, I'd at least point you in the correct direction.

Just because you lose your eyesight it means you become a ratard while handling a weapon?

You took the Chris Matthews school for online debating didn't you?

I would leave if you were dangerous, but I would probably watch, maybe pick up your eye balls and run around with them while makings wise ass remarks

what you are not getting is that to say you are for freedom, you must accept that people will do things that you don't want, that risk will increase and that freedom for all is worth more than the life of one

well everyones not going to agree all the time about everything........you have your opinions, i have mine, it seems as though no ones are going to change........

Exactly. If you're 450 lbs, still ambulatory, but barely able to lift and hold your arm steady, should the state feel it's entitled to deny you your Constitutionally enshrined right to self-defense? Why is it any different for someone who's deemed legally blind? Hell... I know tons of fatties who can't reliably hit sh*t with any of the many guns they own. I'd rather have the blind guy watching my back most times.

Hey now, this guy can hit stuff.

[rofl]

Last edited by a moderator:
well everyones not going to agree all the time about everything........you have your opinions, i have mine, it seems as though no ones are going to change........

It seems like your the only one here with the opposing opinion. To answer your question, I could care lesss if your blind folded in the lane next to me. I would think you were just trying to show off. Here's an article for you that mentions a blind guy who got a perfect target score while going for his CCW http://www.kc3.com/news/blind_CCW.htm Let me guess... you probably think 18 year olds are too young and irresponsible to carry concealed too, right?

actually, my attitude DID change, from non-committal (as it does not directly afect me, knock wood) to....The blind should be able to have the same rights as anyone else.

I just handn't thought too much about it (since the percentage of blind people, combined with the percenatage of CCW holders is a small, small number) as it's not a big issue, in a practical sense. I'd say that the blind guy with a gun is safer than a moron with a cell phone in traffic.

Until someone decides that it should be made one. And it's not a matter of outing yourself, but being in the minority in a group. If you were the only vegan in a hunting camp, it would be silly to tell everyone else that they could not have bacon. Of course, were the hunting camp in Israel, then it would be different.

The majority of the posters here are of a libertarian (deliberately small "l") bent, and as a general principle, are a bunch that believe that potential harm doesn't outweigh the curtailment of liberty.

it seems like your the only one here with the opposing opinion.

No.....i am simply the only one expressing my opinion, theres a difference.

and just to clarify.......as a matter of principals......yes, they should be allowed to ccw.......

but as a matter of practicality.....i really dont see it being a logical decision

Last edited:

Same as any other time I'm at the range:

If your shit is pointed downrange, I'd stay all day. If not, I'd at least point you in the correct direction.

This.... plus:

You better believe that your attention seeking ass would be on YouTube that night. I'd hang around, videotape you gouging out your eyes, then shooting. Try getting to the real point here, you have no respect for other peoples rights. I highly doubt that if some vision challenged female that was really close to you was getting raped, you'd want her to be defenseless.[thinking]

Who the hell are "you people?" I don't recall saying a word about either incident here. I may have expressed some opinions in private, but you weren't there, I'm sure. Go ahead - start a survey. See how many people think that the incidents at either venue would have been prevented by stricter gun laws. You're preaching to the wrong demographic here.

obviously the meth head is not going to follow the laws......that hypothetical situation was a jab at your response portraying all blind people like saints........

It failed. I don't think of all blind people as saints, nor did I insinuate such. IMO, saints, sinners, and everyone in between should have their natural rights protected by their elected government until they actually become a criminal. Until then, hands off. Again, pre-meditated crime detection is science fiction.

When it comes to Liberty, things are pretty well black and white. We're not arguing over Jimi Hendrix vs. Steve Vai here, we're talking about basic human rights. "The middle" is what got us into the mess we're in here in the first place. No one's mad at you (well, maybe Derek, since you called out his Mom, and maybe blindfire, but he's kind of lame anyway, whether or not he's well-sighted :p ;)) here - we're trying to make you see that your opinions are in direct conflict with Freedom. We want you to embrace Freedom and Liberty, because the more of us there are, the fewer of "them" we have to fight with to keep our Liberty secure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom