Kalashnikov Sanctions

hopefully this doesn't begin to extend to ammo just like their bullshit ruling on that specific flavor of 5.45.

Its got nothing to do with ammo but it'll start a panic buy all over again. I'm wondering what it will do for importers of Mosins.

As far as building, sure that's an option but when you have actual Russian AK parts in a functioning and completed form that take minimal work to transform into a modern day Russian AK, that's a great thing.

AKs are still going to come in from other places. This will do basically what the China import ban did for Norinco and Polytech AKs, drive the price up for Saigas here in the US.

Well, aside from writing "ferment" when you mean "foment", why exactly do we or should we care what Russia does to its neighbors? Especially neighbors whose land they may very well have a legitimate claim to. I don't see how it affects us in the least, outside of this garbage hurting us in some misguided attempt to put the screws to Russian industry.

Because by buying Russian arms you are supporting the same thing you whine about having here... an OPPRESSIVE govt.

I don't know if you are intentionally pulling off one of the worst cases of NIMBY I have ever seen, or just dumb.

hopefully this doesn't begin to extend to ammo just like their bullshit ruling on that specific flavor of 5.45.

Yeah this is my concern too. I don't want to blow more money on additional 1000 rd cases of golden tiger ammo for the AK. My reloading/ammo closet is nearing capacity haha.

I've been buying a bunch of Red Army and Brown Bear 9x18 ammo for when my C&R comes I can get a P64 or CZ82 or both. I hope this ammo doesn't dry up right when I want to start shooting this caliber.[thinking]

Last edited:
in any case im getting Saiga, Vepr shotguns and rifles in to my inventory!

I have a lightly used WASR I will sell you for 3,000. you should still be able to turn a profit on it.

I wonder if this is going to drive prices into that range? I'm kind of bummed I never got around to getting a saiga 12. :-(

Last edited:
I have a lightly used WASR I will sell you for 3,000. you should still be able to turn a profit on it.

I wonder if this is going to drive prices into that range? I'm kind of bummed I never got around to getting a saiga 12. :-(

I will sell mine for $4000.... It is one of those rare WASRs with the canted sight.

Because by buying Russian arms you are supporting the same thing you whine about having here... an OPPRESSIVE govt.

I don't know if you are intentionally pulling off one of the worst cases of NIMBY I have ever seen, or just dumb.

Again, how is it my issue, or our issue as a country how another country operates? If their people don't like it, they can try to change it either through their own political system or by some type of revolution (Not an unheard of thing in Russia). Its my right to buy what I choose, and its not my problem how their government spends the tax money, profits, whatever anymore than it would be a problem for the average person who buys something from an American company how our government uses that cash. Using stealth gun control in the US to screw with the Russians is just a kick in the teeth to us, while serving no aim that I as an average American care about.

****, I guess I should have bought a Saiga-based AK while I had the chance. :(

Do these bans affect Ammo imported from the Ukraine/Russia at all? Wolf/Tula/Golden Tiger are all from there aren't they?

This one's for you lowbird...

Melanie-Iglesias.gif

Well I was going to read the rest of the thread. Dick. [wink]

bring on production on USA made Saiga's!!! where the F^ is Century?

Word. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they just take a hit when someone (ATF?) denied them the ability to import a whole bunch of rifles to convert?
This seems like a great time to step up their game, if they can increase their quality.

I guess it's safe to say that the 2 Saiga Sportsters still in their boxes are now worth more than the $189/each I paid for them.

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2

I guess it's safe to say that the 2 Saiga Sportsters still in their boxes are now worth more than the $189/each I paid for them.

Sent from the depths of Hell with TapaTalk V2

No, they're too old. I'll give you what you paid for them.

Last I saw, they were retailing for like $599, if you could find them. I would expect them to go up more, but there are already many AKs selling for less, so they may have peaked anyway.

I converted three of them, and sold two. I wanted to save one in it's original form, but I couldn't resist the urge to convert it.

Somebody on here bought a take-down model with a beautiful wood stock a while back. I really wanted one of those, but that will never happen now.

in any case im getting Saiga, Vepr shotguns and rifles in to my inventory.
and some Russian vodka-while supplies last :)
ill have a russian special: buy any russian firearm and get bottle or Russian Standard Vodka!

You'll run afoul of the ATF... not the F for firearms, but the A for alcohol. Selling booze without a license.

You're screwed no matter what you do!

:)

- - - Updated - - -

I will sell mine for $4000.... It is one of those rare WASRs with the canted sight.

It's the one's with the straight sights that are a rarity...

You'll run afoul of the ATF... not the F for firearms, but the A for alcohol. Selling booze without a license.

You're screwed no matter what you do!

- - - Updated - - -

M
It's the one's with the straight sights that are a rarity...

Be careful what you wish for...
I hope it will never happens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

During the height of cold war US bought metric butt-tonnes of AKs, mainly through Egypt for "freedom-fighters" I'd expect the same going on. We just need some "freedom fighters" close by. May be Mexico needs some liberation from rotten capitalism. In any case, make AKs expensive enough and enterprising people will smuggle kits and arms like boose during A prohibition.

Ukraine makes guns, shit, they even make Tavor in 5.45 (under license) You won't see those here because Barry would clump arm trades for peons under any pretense.

Back
Top Bottom