Kalashnikov Sanctions

The terms of the sanction are way too specific for the endgame to be gun control. This shit is designed to be a middle finger to Russian industry.

It only affects one specific Russian manufacturer, it's targeted at ALL products made by this manufacturer, (not 'assault features') and it's enforced by the treasury and not the ATF.

And the most telling part of the motive: it comes in the wake of things heating up in Ukraine, not shootings or domestic terrorism.

Obama has nothing to lose by backing gun control, but he isn't publicizing this as a "gun control victory". I don't think that's what this is about.

Russia was being cute when they boasted that they would increase production in 2014 to over 200,000 firearms. (The money from which would inevitably support their international endeavors) American politicians didn't want that happening.

http://www.guns.com/2014/01/23/kalashnikov-concern-shipping-200000-guns-north-america-2014/

If you want to blame someone, blame Russia's shit tier regime. These are sanctions because they think its cute to illegally annex Crimea and ferment violence in Ukraine. Buy Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian and Yugos. Plenty of much better people to buy from.

in any case im getting Saiga, Vepr shotguns and rifles in to my inventory.
and some Russian vodka-while supplies last :)
ill have a russian special: buy any russian firearm and get bottle or Russian Standard Vodka!

The terms of the sanction are way too specific for the endgame to be gun control. This shit is designed to be a middle finger to Russian industry.

It only affects one specific Russian manufacturer, it's targeted at ALL products made by this manufacturer, (not 'assault features') and it's enforced by the treasury and not the ATF.

And the most telling part of the motive: it comes in the wake of things heating up in Ukraine, not shootings or domestic terrorism.

Obama has nothing to lose by backing gun control, but he isn't publicizing this as a "gun control victory". I don't think that's what this is about.

Russia was being cute when they boasted that they would increase production in 2014 to over 200,000 firearms. (The money from which would inevitably support their international endeavors) American politicians didn't want that happening.

http://www.guns.com/2014/01/23/kalashnikov-concern-shipping-200000-guns-north-america-2014/

If you want to blame someone, blame Russia's shit tier regime. These are sanctions because they think its cute to illegally annex Crimea and ferment violence in Ukraine. Buy Bulgarian, Romanian, Hungarian and Yugos. Plenty of much better people to buy from.

Well, aside from writing "ferment" when you mean "foment", why exactly do we or should we care what Russia does to its neighbors? Especially neighbors whose land they may very well have a legitimate claim to. I don't see how it affects us in the least, outside of this garbage hurting us in some misguided attempt to put the screws to Russian industry.

Well, aside from writing "ferment" when you mean "foment", why exactly do we or should we care what Russia does to its neighbors? Especially neighbors whose land they may very well have a legitimate claim to. I don't see how it affects us in the least, outside of this garbage hurting us in some misguided attempt to put the screws to Russian industry.

Sorry next time I'll clear it with you before posting. This does hurt Russian industry. KC was going bankrupt without us. I shouldn't even going to bother with the rest of your post because I can already tell who I'm dealing with.

The short answer is that putin and his cronies have close connections to all these businesses hit by sanctions. It's a great way to avoid having to bomb someone which I'm all for. I can never quite nail posters here down. Do you either want to be a super power and be involved in the world or not?

I agree, but it still sucks not being able to import Saiga shotguns and rifles anymore.

Can always still order kits right to your door [devil2]

And this is utter bullshit and the leader can SMD.

I thought I was done building, but I went and ordered a Polish kit last night. This really sucks, I was hoping Saiga prices would come back down. The $279 group buy seems like 100 years ago.

I was really hoping for Saiga to come up with a way to import their 22lr semi autos or a 9mm variant before something like this happened.

Who cares if gun control is the endgame of this particular conflict or not? Obama's admitted end game is gun control, and this is a big move toward that goal, so why on earth would you give him a pass for banning all of these long guns yesterday with a stroke of the pen?

So it's only gun control if it follows domestic shootings or "domestic terrorism" (did you really just write that?)? Jumping on any opportunity to control guns on its own isn't "gun control"? What the hell is this supposed to be telling us? That Obama takes advantage of any available crisis to impose his unconstitutional social goals on America by executive fiat, or do you actually believe that this particular sanction is going to drive Russia into submission?

Thank god for American politicians, right?

So no blame to Obama for unilaterally deciding to stop the import of the world's most popular military rifle? Got it.

Well time to stock up on parts kits and get some build parties going again I think....going to see a run on those $19.95 Polish 80% Receivers...Knew I should have bought a case of those....[crying]

Who cares if gun control is the endgame of this particular conflict or not? Obama's admitted end game is gun control, and this is a big move toward that goal, so why on earth would you give him a pass for banning all of these long guns yesterday with a stroke of the pen?

So it's only gun control if it follows domestic shootings or "domestic terrorism" (did you really just write that?)? Jumping on any opportunity to control guns on its own isn't "gun control"? What the hell is this supposed to be telling us? That Obama takes advantage of any available crisis to impose his unconstitutional social goals on America by executive fiat, or do you actually believe that this particular sanction is going to drive Russia into submission?

Thank god for American politicians, right?

So no blame to Obama for unilaterally deciding to stop the import of the world's most popular military rifle? Got it.

This times a billion. I knew I should have ordered more parts kits.

I suspect you don't know what the word ferment means otherwise you'd understand that he used it correctly.

fo·ment
ˈfōˌment,fōˈment/
verb
instigate or stir up (an undesirable or violent sentiment or course of action).
"they accused him of fomenting political unrest"
synonyms: instigate, incite, provoke, agitate, excite, stir up, whip up, encourage, urge, fan the flames of More

fo·ment
ˈfōˌment,fōˈment/
verb
instigate or stir up (an undesirable or violent sentiment or course of action).
"they accused him of fomenting political unrest"
synonyms: instigate, incite, provoke, agitate, excite, stir up, whip up, encourage, urge, fan the flames of More

Not sure why that's in response to me. I didn't say he didn't know what foment means.

Did the rest of the world suddenly forget how to make AKs? I'm sorry since when were you not able to get a Bulgarian or Romanian oh hey even a Hungarian. Let's not forget Zastava either!

Did the rest of the world suddenly forget how to make AKs? I'm sorry since when were you not able to get a Bulgarian or Romanian oh hey even a Hungarian. Let's not forget Zastava either!

After all, what's wrong with just a little gun control, especially if you can use it to help instigate conflict between the US and Russia in the process?

Maybe we'll get more production of all american AKs? There has got to be a market for them if they can keep the price point from rising too much.

sanctioning russia is an awful idea.
maybe obama didn't get the memo, but it turns out our economy needs them as well. it's a 2-way street.

seems obama doesn't understand the concept of a 2-way street....perhaps too complicated for him.

this little "AK situation" is meta-stable. it will either get worse if sanctioning explodes or things will return to normal when someone with a brain removes these sanctions.

maybe obama didn't get the memo, but it turns out our economy needs them as well. it's a 2-way street.

seems obama doesn't understand the concept of a 2-way street....perhaps too complicated for him.

this little "AK situation" is meta-stable. it will either get worse if sanctioning explodes or things will return to normal when someone with a brain removes these sanctions.

If there's a telling detail in these latest developments it's that the US is completely on its own in issuing the sanctions, apparently as punishment for Russia not following Obama's orders. Europe refused to participate. So much for "isolating" Russia, as Obama puts it.

If there's a telling detail in these latest developments it's that the US is completely on its own in issuing the sanctions, apparently as punishment for Russia not following Obama's orders. Europe refused to participate. So much for "isolating" Russia, as Obama puts it.

The thing that amuses me about this situation is that we do the exact same sort of things that we are accusing Russia of. Apparently we are the only country that is allowed to violate the sovereignty of other nations, and when other countries support rebellions that is REALLY BAD.

Maybe we'll get more production of all american AKs? There has got to be a market for them if they can keep the price point from rising too much.

I would like to think so. Hard to tell given the popularity of AR's over AK's though.
Atleast than we wouldn't have to worry about importing them in a neutered form and then converting them to a real AK.

While I do feel that Obama is an empty suit, somebody actually put some thought into this one.

First, any sanctions from the USA will have limited effect. Europe is buying huge amounts of oil and natural gas, if they cut back Russia may back take notice.
Second, this really too little too late. If we were serious we wouldn't be phasing in sanctions we would have just hit them hard from the git go.

Now comes the interesting part. By doing this Obama can tell the right he is tightening sanctions and also tell the left he is tightening gun control. Win-Win in his mind I'm sure.

O doesn't understand the two way street concept because everything in his life has always been handed to him and everything he persues relative to the US is a dead end street.

I wouldn't hold my breath on any sanctions being lifted any time soon.

Buy kits, bend receivers and build build build.

O doesn't understand the two way street concept because everything in his life has always been handed to him and everything he persues relative to the US is a dead end street.

I wouldn't hold my breath on any sanctions being lifted any time soon.

Buy kits, bend receivers and build build build.

Are these "sanctions" on firearms or everything? Factory new, head spaced parts kits from Russia would be pretty cool if they were cheaper then I can buy an AKM from else where. And it would be a giant **** YOU to h0bama, which would be enough for me to buy and build one alone.

Back
Top Bottom