• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

K9 Finds “Allegedly “ Stolen Firearm

Enzo

NES Member
Go for an oil change, leave firearm in center compartment. Gone when owner gets in car. K9 sniffs it out. Oil change guy is arrested and firearm owner charged with improper storage, LTC suspended.

If you have a firearm stolen in MA the first call should probably be to your attorney and not the police
99% of people don't have an attorney.
They could call one and hope he is not busy.

But I agree, for gun stuff, call an attorney first.

If you have a firearm stolen in MA the first call should probably be to your attorney and not the police
Your first move is to report that you had a trigger lock stolen, and mention it had a gun attached when the police are filling out the paperwork. (Locked case stolen for a large capacity rifle in a vehicle, even though EOPS asserts a lock trunk suffices)

I keep spare trigger locks in a few locations I may find myself needing to leave a gun (away from my safe in the house, in the car, range bag, etc.). Cheap insurance.

Your first move is to report that you had a trigger lock stolen, and mention it had a gun attached when the police are filling out the paperwork. (Locked case stolen for a large capacity rifle in a vehicle, even though EOPS asserts a lock trunk suffices)

I keep spare trigger locks in a few locations I may find myself needing to leave a gun (away from my safe in the house, in the car, range bag, etc.). Cheap insurance.
Great advice!

Not sure why he would have left a loaded gun in his car while he was not in it and he knew someone else would be.

But more stupid laws and now another prohibited person.

Wonder if this happened to a cop would that cop be persecuted the same way as Mr. Wright....

Somebody steals your stuff and you get charged with a crime. Nice effing state.

It also helps to be precise and timely in reporting that it was locked. Although traditional wisdom is STFU, the more timely and more explicit the report of the locked state of the gun the better. Do you want "Gun was reportedly secured by a Franzen 3 digit combination trigger lock" to be in the initial police report, or offered in discussions your attorney is having with a prosecutor who will accept nothing other than a record preserving (his, not yours) CWOF? The rules often amount to "If you are not guilty and the prosecution knows it, you still have to take a CWOF to avoid a trial".

Also, be as explicit as possible - know exactly the brand and style of trigger lock/cable lock/cannonball safe/etc. for the initial report. The better and more precise the report, the greater the chances of charges not even being filed.

Not sure why he would have left a loaded gun in his car while he was not in it and he knew someone else would be.

But more stupid laws and now another prohibited person.

Wonder if this happened to a cop would that cop be persecuted the same way as Mr. Wright....

Somebody steals your stuff and you get charged with a crime. Nice effing state.
I Mean... truck gun.. bug out bag gun... and the gun i have on me if I'm in the car lol

You forgot to add a label "Consent to search is NOT granted. Police, tow companies and others are instructed NOT to breech this container for search or inventory purposes". [devil]
Id rather put, "Tampering with this container without prior permisson from owner will result in instantaneous detonation and possible death or serious injury."

Id rather put, "Tampering with this container without prior permisson from owner will result in instantaneous detonation and possible death or serious injury."
That would actually create a justification for breeching the container because of the explosive danger.

guy was rifling around in the armrest and prob the glove compartment

Scumbag

And sucks for the owner of the car.

Jammed up because of the scumbag.

While not smart, ~48 other states this is not a disqualifier

Back
Top Bottom