Just when I thought I understood...

Is the Beretta 92G Elite 1a or 92g Elite II on the approved roster list?

When I asked a couple of dealers this last year they told me that they were not on the approved list, so I bought a 92fs. Now that I have done a little USPSA shooting, I realize that the Elites are much better suited, extended mag release button for example.

Today a dealer told me today that the Elites are on the new list and he can sell them to me. I called him because he had them advertised up on his website.

I looked again at the approved roster list dated 12-2005 and the 92g Elites are not listed, just a bunch of the other 92 models. Then I looked at the "other" list- Large Capacity Firearms Roster dated 2-15-02

http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/chsb/firearms/largecap_2002.pdfhighcapacity

which I never new existed, and I see just the generic “Beretta 92” on that list and am confused as to whether it covers all Beretta 92 models or not, and if so why on the other approved list do they list all the various 92 models but not the Elite models.

The "high capacity" List lists those models determined by GCAB/EOPS to have been sold to the public with high-capacity mags at some point in the past. Thus these handguns require a LTC-A.

That list has NOTHING to do with whether a dealer can legally sell them in MA!

The list of handguns that MEET the TESTING REQUIREMENTS of MGLs (NOT the AG's Regs) and thus "MAY BE" Legally sold (ONLY IF they also meet the AG Regs) is the list that last was generated on 12/05. If the particular model gun is not on this list, a MA Dealer can not sell it unless it was "in state" (the only exemption) on 10/21/98.

Thanks for the link. This is the same list that I looked at and it does not have the 92g Elite on it. I told the dealer this and he was absolutely sure it was OK to sell.

I guess if a dealer is willing to sell to me, then as I understand it, they are the one possibly violating the law. Once I own it, I am not violating any laws.

szaino said:
Thanks for the link. This is the same list that I looked at and it does not have the 92g Elite on it. I told the dealer this and he was absolutely sure it was OK to sell.

I guess if a dealer is willing to sell to me, then as I understand it, they are the one possibly violating the law. Once I own it, I am not violating any laws.

You understand correctly! :)

Back
Top Bottom