Just too damn cool not to post!

Ok....a few things:

1) Where can I do that?

2) How much does it cost?

3) That was f*cking cool

4) Someone must have lots of land!!!

5) If they can hardly hit a RC plane with a GE mini-gun, why the f*ck do the antis get their knickers in a twist over civilians owning a 50 cal rifle?

Last edited:
I'll be honest, makes me wonder where they are located that they can shoot in the air safely.

Out west they have lots of room. The beginning of the video is in daylight and you can see those foot hills are over 3 miles away. You can see that as they shoot the tracers arc. They are traveling significant distances.

you know what? a couple things make me very sad about that video...

if you look at anyone they show in the video, the clothes and haircuts make it look like it was filmed in the early 80's. along with the audio, effects and quality of the clip.

now, I was pretty sure knob creek is the largest machine gun shoot now. and knob creek is nowhere near the size of that...

it makes me thing that the MG ownership culture was way waaaaaaay more prolific 25-30 years ago than it is now, and there's just not alot of oral history regarding it because the internet didn't exist. that's the legacy of the 80's machine gun legislation. no less mg crime, but plenty less legal civilian ownership.

or maybe my perceptions are just way the f*** off.

but if they aren't, we need to fight like motherf***ers to make sure that we see a revolution before another AWB. if a defacto ban on machine-guns due to being post or pre ban was enough to erode mg ownership that far, image what 30 years of an AWB with no sunset clause would be?

I'll be honest, makes me wonder where they are located that they can shoot in the air safely.

IIRC this is a shoot that Dillon ran, and IIRC, he owns some huge chunk of desert land in AZ. (like as in, covers many square miles of land).

-Mike

There is something so satisfying about seeing thousands of tracers in the air.

Awesome post.

That quad .50 cal mount is a bad mamma-jamma. The WWII movie sound effects are cheesy.

Wow, they definitely came close to hitting other shooters at some point. About 2:45 into the video.

That's a ton of money spent. Nuts and so unbelievably cool.

Dillon owns a reloading company out in Arizona. He's a retired airline pilot, owns several aircraft (jet, helicopter, etc.). He's living the life we all dream of. Before he does his shoot, he overflys the area looking for traspassers to shoo out of the area. He has the money as well as a govt contract for the mini gun, along with patents. He is just having fun. Cut some slack. He cut a tape around ten or so years ago. Its a one hour orgasm of machine guns. Oh yeh![smile]

Dillon owns a reloading company out in Arizona. He's a retired airline pilot, owns several aircraft (jet, helicopter, etc.). He's living the life we all dream of. Before he does his shoot, he overflys the area looking for traspassers to shoo out of the area. He has the money as well as a govt contract for the mini gun, along with patents. He is just having fun. Cut some slack. He cut a tape around ten or so years ago. Its a one hour orgasm of machine guns. Oh yeh![smile]

so this is a private event that still exists to this day?

that warms my heart. I retract my previous post.

Total waste of ammo. Nothing one lone duck hunter couldn't handle with ease [smile]

I agree. That's one hellacious amout of ammo they put in the air with little effect other than great images.
As someone who flew on AC-130s back in the day I know that massive numbers of tracers in a night sky really gets the juices flowing.
Dillon Ranch is the site and it is an early 80s video. It's been posted elswhere. There is also one of two or three 'copters fitted with minis and/or M60s tearing up junk cars as they fly over the desert.
THAT'S an impressive video!
How do they afford such toys? I must be doin' something WRONG.

Back
Top Bottom