• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just shaking my head

remember: run from a knife, run at a gun

and if the dispute is for $2 or less just pay it rather than engage in deadly combat

how about that cop posing with the homicidal taxi driver demonstrating how he swung his machete? that scene right there shows you how f'd up things are in south east Asia. keep that in mind next time you try and haggle over $2. It would be like Bill Gates stiffing you for 50 cents he owes you--you'd really want to punch him in the face just out of spite, right? That's how these taxi drivers view Americans not wanting to pay the fare.

Don't ever disrespect a poor person--they will take your life and never regret it.

Last edited:
remember: run from a knife, run at a gun

This makes sense to me, but I can't explain why. The run from a knife part makes sense obviously, but why run at a gun? I feel like it would be harder to get an accurate shot off at someone who is literally right in your face. Is that the case?

This makes sense to me, but I can't explain why. The run from a knife part makes sense obviously, but why run at a gun? I feel like it would be harder to get an accurate shot off at someone who is literally right in your face. Is that the case?

it depends how close you are but if you're in arms reach better to close the gap and wrestle (rack the slide out of battery or block the hammer to prevent firing) rather than try and outrun the bullet

I don't claim it's going to actually work! but there's no shame in running from a guy with a machete. and if you're slow like me, at least get behind something--anything!

no matter what, never give up, see:

Last edited by a moderator:
it depends how close you are but if you're in arms reach better to close the gap and wrestle (rack the slide out of battery or block the hammer to prevent firing) rather than try and outrun the bullet

no matter what, never give up, see:

It is really unbelievable that the guy wasn't shot

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have heard that a person with a knife can run 30 feet and stab you before you can pull your gun and shoot.

Lawyer was lucky...the tourist however was not.

Well I have heard that a person with a knife can run 30 feet and stab you before you can pull your gun and shoot.

Lawyer was lucky...the tourist however was not.

I believe it is 21 feet. 21 feet is considered the distance a knife is lethal to a man with a gun. I've performed the Tueller drill. I stood with my back to a female student in the PPitH class 9I was a student as well). She had the gun, a revolver IIRC holstered in a non retention open carry type holster.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not exactly in the best of shape, but I can sprint pretty fast for a short distance. She did get the first aimed shot off before 21 feet and I don't remember when she got the second shot off. But I can tell you I had such momentum that I had to have assistance to slow down (I was running out of room, would have run into the wall lol). If I was a real bad guy with a knife, she may have shot me, but if she didn't sidestep out of the way, I would have been body slamming her (with a knife) with the force of a linebacker.

This reminds me, I should retake the class. It is super cheap at MWSA compared to other gun clubs.

The witness in the video said that the man was shot multiple times and collapsed shortly after walking away from the tree.

That's what adrenaline can do for the human body.

Back
Top Bottom