• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just got this alert a couple minutes ago...

This should be interesting.... Umbrella, Tesla Coil...?

photo.PNG

Me too. The emergency page says someone with a "long rifle" and body armor in the "main group building."

Last edited:
Sadly reports of body armor make this seem that it isn't practice for P&R. MIT has an active nuclear research center maybe it was a guard there, or someone heading out for air soft/ paintball with no common sense

The other reality is that MIT is an integrated campus. Meaning that MIT stretches from Kendall Square and probably has some property around Central Square. You could be "on campus" with a gun and not even know it.

Knowing some people from MIT if it's a student it could be anything from an Airsoft gun to a functional plasma rifle replica from Half-Life.

If there is a Open smallbore match today then maybe some dumbass didn't case his rifle, but that would be highly unusual.

If you were going to shoot up a college 9am on a Saturday is hardly a good time to do it, everyone will still be asleep and hungover. My bet is on an umbrella or some other non rifle.

Hopefully a nothing. Sure gets attention though doesn't it. ..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It was odd from the first time I received the alert. It was reported that someone was seen and police searching the building with "negative results". Sounds like someone might have overreacted. Also, it's like 30 degrees out, wouldn't you be covering up your body armor with a jacket?

Just read on the globe that the gunman was sighted on Mass Ave? aka public street.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully a nothing. Sure gets attention though doesn't it. ..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Part of the left's agenda.

Excellent. He's coming my way. I'm opening the crate of 20 Mosins and handing them out to my neighbors now.

Is that a bolt-action Assualt Rifle? [rofl]

How dare you defend yourelf in the People's Republic? Marsha doesn't incourage self-help, you know.

Back
Top Bottom