• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just Finished My New Rig, Check it out!

Just wondering what you guys think about my new 10/22.

Thanks for checking it out. I haven't put the stock on yet, that should change the whole look of the rifle, but it still looks pretty crazy! I appreciate any feedback.
ruger_one.jpg

The main body was the Nordic 10/22 kit, the barrel is Clarke 16" heavy, the grips are CAA m4 pieces, and the internals and trigger are Volquartsen, and the forend is Yankee Hill machine shop carbine length.
parts.jpg

Well, it sure looks badass... but I guess I have to wonder "Why?". I mean, it's still a .22! I'm guessing that you spent the price of a rack-grade Garand on that, right?

Ah, don't pay any attention to me. I haven't bought anything new in months since I'm saving up for a gas-piston AR, and I'm going into withdrawal. You ARE going to bring that bad boy to an Appleseed Shoot, right?

Well, to each his own. The shooting club that I belong to doesn't have an outdoor rifle range, so I am limited to the indoor pistol range and .22 rifles only. This is actually fine by me, seeing as I enjoy shooting very frequently and rimfire makes this affordable to me, especially with the increase in ammo prices lately. So, I set out to build an accurate target rimfire rifle, with the quality assault look that really appeals to me [grin] So far so good. Waiting for my stock and scope and I let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again for looking and I appreciate any feedback!

Is it a rifle or a pistol?
If it is a rifle is it 26 inches long?
Is it a NFA SBR?
Just FYI If it is a pistol it is against Federal Law to put a pistol grip on the for- end.
It is a very cool looking 22 though.

Is it a rifle or a pistol?
If it is a rifle is it 26 inches long?
Is it a NFA SBR?
Just FYI If it is a pistol it is against Federal Law to put a pistol grip on the for- end.
It is a very cool looking 22 though.

Read the words. its a sixteen inch barrel and he is waiting for the stock to come in.

Thank you nitsuD. It is a rifle. The stock should be in this week according to the tracking number. I put my weaver scope on, it's coming along nicely. I'll post some final pics if you guys are interested. Thanks again!

Sorry I missed the stock. I was blinded by to photo. Cool 22.
I would not have asked such stupid questions.

I just wanted to post a pic and show the final build. Target shot at 50 yds. I took off the forgrip so I could bench the gun and really get the scope zeroed in. Thanks again for looking!

DSC00649.jpg

Parts List

* Nordic 10/22
* Volquartsen HP Action kit internals
* CAA AR15 pistol grip
* Yankee Hill Machine Co Carbine Length Free Float Forend
* Yankee Hill Machine Co. Barrel Nut
* ACE AR-15 Skeleton Butt stock
* Weaver K6 Scope and rings
* Tactical Inc. Matte Black Magazine
* Clark Custom 16" Heavy Target Barrel
* Extended Bolt Handle/Auto Bolt Release/ Extended Mag release

It is VERY heavy, but helps to hold steady. VERY quiet with the urethane bolt buffer from the Volquartsen kit. And the trigger pull is delightful. All in all, expensive, but this is going to be my main rimfire rifle for the leagues this year. Thanks for looking!

Read the words. its a sixteen inch barrel and he is waiting for the stock to come in.

Moot point now that he has the stock attached, but JDL was right.
Barrel length doesn't have anything to do with it. With the vertical fore grip and no stock that was an AOW and a Felony without the proper tax stamp.

Good to know! The stock is definitely staying on. Very Comfortable. I'm actually not even sure that I'm going to reattach the fore-grip, it's kind of pointless for targets.

Nice build, I love it!
I remember many years ago at the Grafton range about 6 of us were shooting.
At the time I had a Colt HBAR 20" my buds were all shooting SKS's and the other friend had his trusty O'l 10/22 scoped like yours. We set up balloon's at 100yrds.
The only one's hitting them were The 10/22 and myself. I always loved the
10/22 rifle.
You've made yourself a nice rifle Sir.
Now go out and buy several bricks of 22 for that rainy day......like tomorrow or Saturday. [smile]

While you are at it buy a verticle grip for that front rail. It makes a huge difference and is more of a natural grip for your wrist.
I bought a Tango down grip for an M4 that I had and it was a world of difference in shooting, especially while standing. It just feels like you have more control.

I really like it, nice work.

Have a great weekend, and dont forget NO TAX weekend tomorrow. [wink]

Delta, thanks for the response. I actually have a CAA foregrip, but i took it off to bench the gun and sight in the scope, haven't put it back on yet. Thats right, NO TAX WEEKEND! WOO HOO, i'm about to go buy that H&K USP that I've been dreaming about! [grin]

Back
Top Bottom