• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just cancelled my Visa account with First National Bank of Omaha

Today I learned that First National Bank of Omaha says it will not renew its NRA co-branded credit card (the card carried the NRA logo on the front). I have carried the NRA card since 2010. I just got off the phone with the Bank (long wait due to excessive call volume) and cancelled my account. They asked why and I told them if they didn't want to do business with the NRA I didn't want to do business with them. The Left is going after our guns and also targeting the financial industry to cut off any financial ties to the firearms trade (remember Obama's Operation Chokepoint). The Left is becoming more totalitarian every day. Dark times my friends.

The company I work for has a customer that used to pay us using PayPal however they (PayPal) recently realized he made firearms related parts and will not process his transactions.

Last edited:
PayPal is just getting worse and worse. Sadly, those of us who became dependent on PayPal for either personal, business or both pay the biggest price when they cut us off without recourse for what they deem gun-related or ammo-related sales or purchases.

Today I learned that First National Bank of Omaha says it will not renew its NRA co-branded credit card (the card carried the NRA logo on the front). I have carried the NRA card since 2010. I just got off the phone with the Bank (long wait due to excessive call volume) and cancelled my account. They asked why and I told them if they didn't want to do business with the NRA I didn't want to do business with them. The Left is going after our guns and also targeting the financial industry to cut off any financial ties to the firearms trade (remember Obama's Operation Chokepoint). The Left is becoming more totalitarian every day. Dark times my friends.

I too have one of these NRA co-branded cards and am very agitated to hear they're not renewing, however, I can't close it due to the hit my credit would take closing an account with a very large credit limit that I've had for a long time. Hopefully FNBO will reconsider this.

I too have one of these NRA co-branded cards and am very agitated to hear they're not renewing, however, I can't close it due to the hit my credit would take closing an account with a very large credit limit that I've had for a long time. Hopefully FNBO will reconsider this.

You don't have to close the account, just stop using it.
I did that with a BoA credit card years ago. I owed nothing on it anyway and just stopped using it.
When the new card came in the mail, I never even activated it, so I let the account go dormant.
AFAIK, I never took a hit to my credit rating.

Last edited:
I did that with a BoA credit card years ago. I owed noting on it anyway and just stopped using it.
When the new card came in the mail, I never even activated it, so I let the account go dormant.
Some of them eventually close the account on you for inactivity. Had this happen to me.

I did that with a BoA credit card years ago. I owed nothing on it anyway and just stopped using it.

Eventually they will close it due to inactivity. I've had a couple cards do that, as a matter of fact Chase sent me a letter last week telling me they are closing one of mine due to inactivity and even if I use it they are still going to close it.
I find that a bit odd since they also have my mortgage.

Eventually they will close it due to inactivity. I've had a couple cards do that, as a matter of fact Chase sent me a letter last week telling me they are closing one of mine due to inactivity and even if I use it they are still going to close it.
I find that a bit odd since they also have my mortgage.

Update:

I just got my new Bank of America credit card in the mail yesterday, it's the same account number of the card I stopped using years ago, of which I didn't even activate the last time. So I guess (according to them) the account is still active, but I still have no plans on using it.
BTW, this was the first piece of mail I've received from them in years, not even any solicitations for rewards programs or balance transfer offers.
How do they even know I'm still alive ???
The joke would be on them if I was dead and someone less honest was living in my house, what would stop them from activating the card and going on a spending spree ???

Also, if you have a Citibank card, that would be another one to stop using because of the anti-gun stance they just announced:

Citibank Goes Full Anti-Gun

Citibank announced on Thursday that it would no longer do business with anyone who sells guns to any person under 21-years-old as well as anyone who sells so-called high capacity magazines.

The bank, which nearly failed in 2008 but was saved by a massive taxpayer-funded bailout and now boasts a market capitalization of over $180 billion, said it wants to prevent guns from getting into the hands of the wrong people. It said it would be implementing a new policy directed at all the businesses with which it deals.

"So [sic] our new policy centers around current firearms sales best practices that will guide those we do business with as a firm," a post on the company's website said.

The new policy would require that any company using Citibank financial services "restrict the sale of firearms for individuals under 21 years of age" and stop selling "bump stocks or high-capacity magazines." The company did not specify what they believe constitutes a "high-capacity" magazine and did not immediately respond to multiple requests for clarification. Citibank did not answer whether it feared the blanket age requirement might lead to discrimination lawsuits like those Walmart and Dick's Sporting Goods are facing after implementing similar corporate policies.

Another Update:

I just got a letter from BoA stating my account has been inactive and will be closed by 8/15/18 if I don't make a transaction by July 31st.

So...has the NRA come up with another credit card sponsor yet? I went onto the NRA site this past weekend and nothing at all about an NRA sponsored CC, yet if you google NRA credit card, all kinds of hits on the bank that dropped them as if they are still offering the NRA card.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom