• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Just an observance

BTSDOG

NES Member
I see all kinds of glocks for sale in the classifieds all the time from g19's to 43's 45's and so on. But why doesnt anyone want to let go of a g31 or g32 ?
They're not restricted to leo on glocks site, so what is it. Are 357 sig just too nice that nobody want to let one go, or just too snappy and dont sell well ?? Ive shot 357 sig in a full size 229 and it was snappy in that gun. Wonder what its like in a g31 or g32 ??

It had a bit more flash and muzzle rise in a full-sized Glock 31, but still didn't bother my hand like the .40S&W did. I liked it, and got a 9mm conversion barrel for cheaper shooting. But, since I'm limited to one-at-a-time, and the cost of ammo is now much more, no more .357Sig

I see all kinds of glocks for sale in the classifieds all the time from g19's to 43's 45's and so on. But why doesnt anyone want to let go of a g31 or g32 ?
They're not restricted to leo on glocks site, so what is it. Are 357 sig just too nice that nobody want to let one go, or just too snappy and dont sell well ?? Ive shot 357 sig in a full size 229 and it was snappy in that gun. Wonder what its like in a g31 or g32 ??
For every G31/32 sold, there are probably one hundred G19's. The few that did buy that dud of a caliber bought it because they believed the hype, just like the 10mm fanboys. Now they cannot sell the gun because selling would be equivalent to admitting they were bamboozled.

The only Glock with a more dumb caliber than G31/32 is the G37/38/39.

For every G31/32 sold, there are probably one hundred G19's. The few that did buy that dud of a caliber bought it because they believed the hype, just like the 10mm fanboys. Now they cannot sell the gun because selling would be equivalent to admitting they were bamboozled.

The only Glock with a more dumb caliber than G31/32 is the G37/38/39.

Some of us just enjoy shooting a variety of calibers.

Only time I ever reached for .357 Sig is during the ammo shortages and for that I just drop a .357 Sig barrel into a G23 or G22. I don't find it particular snappy or anything, it's just another handgun round.

You can’t sell what you never bought in the first place. That fact that you don’t see them for sale is a clue: they never sold many. They never sold many because 357 SIG is a stupid caliber that flopped.

Plenty of us like our 357 sig guns. The round performs better than plenty of other common handgun calibers and ammo can be found pretty cheap on the secondary market (when people decide to cut their losses on the 357 sig dream [laugh] ). Unless you're reloading it works well, especially if you're carrying <10 rds anyway.

A .357Sig Glock is an easy conversion from anything chambered in .40S&W

The magazines from a .40 are the same except for the markings, drop a factory barrel or a KKM, Lone Wolf or other aftermarket barrel in a Glock that was originally set up for .40 and you have a .357Sig gun.

I have never shot anything in .357Sig, I am told it is a "snappy" round, and has good ballistics, but it has never really caught on as a widely used caliber

I don't know if it is ammo price and availablilty, that people are/were just as happy with .40, that 10MM is preferred for X,Y, or Z reason.... but it is pretty much an orphan round

Threads like this remind me some people still shoot 357 SIG.

There is your answer on why you don't see many.

If they could of gotten the price per round down I suspect it would of taken off. It was always pretty expensive to shoot which is going to significantly limit public interest in it.

I had a G32 for a while. I liked it, but I didn't like paying for the ammo.

If they could of gotten the price per round down I suspect it would of taken off. It was always pretty expensive to shoot which is going to significantly limit public interest in it.
Terminal performance was little different than top quality 9mm JHP. In exchange, you got more recoil, louder report, greater muzzle flash, and lower capacity. Not a great trade off in my opinion.

I was at a training class and we did some low light shooting. The instructor lined up four students, one with a 9mm, one with a .40, one with a 357 SIG and one with a 45 ACP. He had the students fire one at a time, while the rest of the class observed. The 9mm had the least muzzle flash and report. The 357 SIG had the most.

Terminal performance was little different than top quality 9mm JHP. In exchange, you got more recoil, louder report, greater muzzle flash, and lower capacity. Not a great trade off in my opinion.

I was at a training class and we did some low light shooting. The instructor lined up four students, one with a 9mm, one with a .40, one with a 357 SIG and one with a 45 ACP. He had the students fire one at a time, while the rest of the class observed. The 9mm had the least muzzle flash and report. The 357 SIG had the most.

I can't remember what the 9x19 numbers where when I bought the .357 SIG like 15 years ago. I don't think they were what they are today though. In otherwords, it wasn't as much as a close call if my brain is working correctly right now thinking back.

I was never really bothered by the snap of the .357 SIG although it was noticeable. Don't care about noise, never noticed the flash since I never used it in the dark. Lower capacity is/was a problem. Cost was the real annoyance for me. I believe it was over double the cost of 9mm when I was still using mine.

I only own 9x19's now though. 9 has come a long way and it's nice to own just one pistol round (not including .22lr for my mark 4)

the flame out of the thing is considerable.

I had a G32 for a while. I liked it, but I didn't like paying for the ammo.
Or finding it... it was a pain in the ass to find too

I put together a 357sig complete slide for my USPc so I can flip between 9mm and 357 easily. I also grabbed enough ammo (gold dot) to last a lifetime (I don't shoot it all that often) for what I think was under 0.50/rd here on NES. If you check the classifieds right now there are people selling quality 357sig ammo for something like 0.50/rd. The secondary market seems to be the best way to buy the stuff these days.

I like the round, especially in a gun like the USPc. I'm capacity limited anyway and the gun handles the recoil well. All of this said, I still carry a 9mm 95% of the time, but that's because the 9mm guns that I happen to have carry better for me.

This.

I sold my G32 a long time ago and outfitted my G22 with a 31 barrel......works 100%.
Good idea! Lots of people dumping .40's around here - and I have no use for that caliber, so it might be worth picking one up.
the flame out of the thing is considerable.
Two-Fer! Pistol and flamethrower!
The one by me was always hit or miss

The pro move though to avoid checkout lines was buy 1 box of ammo and make them ring you up at that counter...no checkout line
Maybe in MA they guard that register. In NH and AZ, it was search until you find someone in another department, who can then page someone (who's authorized to work in it) to Sporting Goods.

Back
Top Bottom