• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

july 3rd fireworks

This thread makes me sad. Searching people at a 4th of July celebration, without them having done something to warrant it, is just so wrong. Makes me feel fortunate to live where I do, and pitty for the people willing to endure that b.s. where they live.

I understand the point about people coming in from other areas and behavior that is beyond the norm for the community. I think that shows a failling of the community by allowing that behavior in the first place. If enogh people would confront it right off the bat, get the police involved when that line is crossed, and defend themselves if necessary, we wouldn't have these sort of problems. Instead, most folks just sit back and bitch about it while it gets worse and worse and next thing you know, you got your local cops feeling their best option is to walk around with rifles searching all your crap because its them against the world and no one's got their back.

Sad.

I find it interesting watching the statists start to get squeamish about their "jackbooted thugs" (as one prominent gun-rights advocate called them) getting poked fun of.

collie;99714 Isn’t Sharon a “dry town”? It even could have been as simple as some intelligence that some gang-bangers from another town intended to go to the event to cause trouble . . . how far is Boston or Brockton from Sharon? [/QUOTE said:
Yes, Sharon is "dry". Distance from Boston is 20-25 miles, from Brockton, not far, Brockton-Easton-Sharon or Brockton-Stoughton-Sharon. I highly doubt the the boys from either hood, Boston or Brockton, would bother with Sharon when they can make a bigger impact at the Brockton Fair or Esplanade fireworks, but you never know what a RED or BLACK town is thinking as demonstrated this night.

The only reason I can think that the searches were made was because they could be. Access was limited in Sharon from what I understand. In Plymouth searches could not be made because the venue is wide open. There are no controlled access points. How well do you think it would go over if the police walked through the crowd and randomly searched coolers, strollers, pack packs, etc?
I'm getting tired of being subjected to or threatened with searches in public places in the name of safety.

As for the ARs. Maybe there was a threat that the public was not privy to or the COP wanted to show the taxpayers "their tax dollars at work".
There's a time and place for everything.

Searches were made in Plymouth- the "riot squad" swept the beach several times that I saw. Folks spotted with alcohol had to produce ID. If you had no ID, or were discovered to be under 21 when you produced it, coolers were searched, dumped of booze, and the cuffs went on and you were hauled off in the wagon. I witnessed this several times that day.

They could not establish checkpoints, as you point out, but they really focused a lot of manpower patrolling the beach, searching coolers, checking IDs and generally keeping tight control of anything that looked like it was coming loose.

I guess this situation differs from Sharon in that last year was a bit of a mess down there- 3 stabbings, I believe one killed, and rampant vandalism. If I lived down there, I'd want the town to do something about it, too.

Sharon? not so much. sounds like pampered paranoia to me.

Making sure kids are 21 is a good thing in my opinion. I hope that if they ever find my kid under age drinking they call me. I'm worse then any steel set of bracelets or cell.

I kinda think it's funny that a black town would bring out the balck rifles. They make it so hard for their residents to get any type of firearm and then they carry what ever.

Back
Top Bottom