• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Kelly

I can't say anymore than the rest have already said, i'm absolutely stunned. I missed this season of IDPA
due to a total knee replacement and was looking forward to this upcoming season and meeting up with
Johhn.

RIP.

JimB

John was well respected in the MA shooting community and was a serious competitor in IDPA. He was always friendly and very humble about his skills. I will miss him. [sad2]

RIP, John.

Got this from someone who called the funeral home to confirm.

Services will be held at:

Kraw-Kornack Funeral Home
1248 Washington Street
Norwood, MA
Phone: 781-762-0482
http://www.kraw-kornackfuneralhome.com/home.htm
(Directions can be found on web site)

Calling Hours - Wed 4-8
Funeral: Thursday - 10:00 am only (Services will not be held at church or cemetery)

Last edited:
He'll be missed at Mansfield. I've known him for many years through the club. He was always good for a nice friendly argument about Cowboy Action shooting. We'll miss seeing that truck at the club..and hearing that steel during your practicing.

Would anyone have an address other than the funeral home where flowers may be sent. One of our fellow shooters is out of the country and would like to send flowers to John's family. Please PM me if you have this information.
Thank you

I pulled into MF&G last year and John was the only one there. He came right up to me and said hi, and he showed me around the club and we had a very pleasant conversation. From the one time I met him, I can tell he was a gentle, caring guy who loved to help fellow firearm enthusiasts.

RIP John.

It is with a deep personal sadness I post this. I will post no more on this except to say JKELLY was the real deal. He was a perfect Gentleman at all times and I will miss him. This was received from a friend today. I will leave his name off the signature.

Edit to add photo from BUAS taken by PMD

Damn it. Just head about this. I'm not one of those people who says all sorts of glowing things about a person because they died. However, John was one of the most genuine, friendly, decent people I have ever had the pleasure to know. I am VERY sorry to hear of his passing. I really liked that man and always called him "My Kelly" because something about him just made me want to show him that level of respect. He just had that effect on me, and I bet I'm not the only one....RIP Mr Kelly.

I really liked that man and always called him "My Kelly" because something about him just made me want to show him that level of respect. He just had that effect on me, and I bet I'm not the only one....RIP Mr Kelly.

You're not. It just seemed right somehow.

You're not. It just seemed right somehow.

This will sound cliche, but his death just shows us the fact that a class act decent person like John tend to leave early while the sh%$ heads seem to live on. Just feels that way at the moment to me at least. You didn't have to spend 10 minutes with him to know he was one of the good guys through and through. I didn't know him as well as I would have liked, but I knew him well enough to feel like crap about this. Blah.

The only thing that somewhat makes sense to me in a situation like this is......the person has done all they can on this Earth and are destined for better things. It still hurts for those who are left behind.

Would anyone have an address other than the funeral home where flowers may be sent. One of our fellow shooters is out of the country and would like to send flowers to John's family. Please PM me if you have this information.
Thank you

Got this from someone who called the funeral home to confirm.

Services will be held at:

Kraw-Kornack Funeral Home
1248 Washington Street
Norwood, MA
Phone: 781-762-0482
http://www.kraw-kornackfuneralhome.com/home.htm
(Directions can be found on web site)

Calling Hours - Wed 4-8
Funeral: Thursday - 10:00 am only (Services will not be held at church or cemetery)

Back
Top Bottom