John Kelly

TY43215

NES Member
It is with a deep personal sadness I post this. I will post no more on this except to say JKELLY was the real deal. He was a perfect Gentleman at all times and I will miss him. This was received from a friend today. I will leave his name off the signature.

I'm sorry to say that a mutual friend just called me to let me know that John Kelly has passed away.

Although I did not know John too well, I did know that he was a gentleman, and a real pleasure to spend time with on the range.

Recently, one of John's past employers (a friend of mine) called me looking for John's contact information to give him a job. I John's his number through Vinnie T at Independent. John was supposed to start work today, but was not able to attend. He passed sometime over the night/weekend. The circumstances are not clear.

Please take a moment to remember our friend John Kelly.

Thanks,

Edit to add photo from BUAS taken by PMD

BUAS12-27-09248.jpg

Last edited:
He just asked me to join him for a plate shoot last weekend. He hadn't been around Mansfield a lot lately, but he seemed healthy and his usual quiet self.

There's an S Kelly that frequents here as well. Any relation? I do remember some of John's posts here. Whatever it was, it's a shame. Hate to see one of us here at NES pass away and go on to the other side. RIP

What???
No.

He was always polite and "respectful" and I always looked for him when I went to matches. The last one I saw him at he gave me a factory box of 38's and another bag of 357 cases.

Last edited:
RIP Mr. Kelly... I did not know you but through this forum. You're writings were very tactful and precise, and always respectful.

Sincerely,

Rich

Wow, I just got a text about this. Talk about a punch in the gut. I was always happy to see John at matches and read his posts on the forum. He always gave freely of his time to help run matches. NES and the action pistol community have lost a good man. He'll be sorely missed.

Respectfully,
jar

I first met John at Walls of Steel in 2008. He taught me a few things at that match, my first major competition. In the time since then, I shot with John at matches at Harvard, Manville, Malden, New Bedford, and, most recently, at Dorchester 3 weeks ago. Always a gentleman. Never a harsh word from him. I will miss seeing him on the field of competition.

Wow. He was a very nice guy. RIP John.

Had he been ill?

Respectfully,
PaulD

Last edited:
Wow...

I always looked forward to seeing him at the IDPA matches. He was always super nice and a great guy to be around... He will really be missed [sad2]

Respectfully,
Hanwei

John was over my place last Wednesday and appeared to be fine. We talked for a bit...he seemed real upbeat. I can't believe it. A good friend and former neighbor. I'm stunned beyond belief.

Last edited:
What the hell? Was John sick?

The last time I saw him was at the Worcester IDPA match in mid December... and the only thing that was bothering him was the fact that he wasn't shooting the match. A previous engagement prevented him from arriving on time... so he had just stopped by to say hello to all of us.

He looked to be in good spirits otherwise......

[sad2]

Back
Top Bottom