John Kelly

You always took the time to say hello at the range. You always had a ear to listen and advise to share. You had a smile that was contageous. You took interest in what I was doing. You will be missed John.

Respectfully,
stoneypete

Last edited:
one of the nicest guys I have ever had the pleasure of shooting with.
We will all miss you Mr. Kelly.

Steve

John was over my place last Wednesday and appeared to be fine. We talked for a bit...he seemed real upbeat. I can't believe it. A good friend and former neighbor. I'm stunned beyond belief.

Im very sorry about your friend Allen and please give my respects to his family.

You will always be in our hearts. All of us at Worcester Pistol and Rifle will miss you. Thank you for all the great memories.

This sucks. He was the first person to invite me shooting. He let me try lots of his guns and reloads. He helped me sight in my first gun. He gave me shooting tips.
RIP, John.

Becka, I remember the first day you met John at Mansfield to shoot for the first time. He was a nice guy like that, taking new people into the sport. He put a smile on your face that day for sure.

I met John at Bass River. He was watching my squad shoot a stage. We made small talk like you do with a lot of guys. The next week I see him at a match and we were friends ever since. I've shot with him, RO'd, SO'd. He was a great guy and he loved the sport of action pistol. It won't be the same not seeing him at matches. Very sad... RIP John and God bless you...

Respectfully

Oh my God... I'm in tears. I can't believe this. I really can't believe it. Oh man I'll miss him soooo much. Damn it! I've had the chance to hang with him, shoot with him and work with him. He was such a nice fun guy. This hurts. RGS- if you find more on this please send me a PM.

Dave - I have just heard about this. I am so totally gutted. John was a class act and a great friend to so many of us. I always enjoyed his advice and humility. Last time I was with him we found a couple of chairs and sat in the sun at a cold cold WPTC match and shot the breeze. I am in tears and so saddened at his sudden passing.

Please pass on details of services etc as they come available.

Steve

I didn't know John very well, but everytime we ran into each other he was happy to extend a hand and share a greeting. I regret I didn't get to know him better.

Another reason to wring out every second of life we have left on this earth.

You never know when your next match (or gun show or training class) is your last one. Enjoy life while you can.

RIP

What sad news. I got to shoot with him twice in the last few weeks so I am lucky and glad for that. We were making plans for him to come and help me run some IDPA stages at my club to introduce new shooters to the sport. I always went out of my way to look for him at a match because he was fun to shoot and joke around with. I will miss him for sure.

Rest in peace John. My sympathies to his family.

-Cuz.

I am deeply saddened to learn of John's untimely passing!

He was a quiet man, always willing to help out and very knowledgeable.

John you will be sorely missed at MF&G and NES! RIP

My thoughts and prayers go out to his Family from both of us.

John was one of the nicest, most helpful and respectful people I've ever had the pleasure to know. He was always there to help at a match or would just stop by to say 'hi' to his friends. He's helped run matches all over New England. I will miss you, Mr. Kelly. Respectfully, MaShooter.

Here's a picture I have of John while he was running a stage at the 2009 IDPA New England Regional Championship at Harvard, MA....
JKelly.jpg

I was fortunate enough to have met Mr.Kelly a few times. Each time he gave me a piece of advice that helped me improve my shooting. His presence will surely be missed. My thought and prayers are with his family.

Wow this is very sad news.
As others have noted John was a true gentleman - he will be truly missed.

My condolences to John's family and all his friends.
Respectfully,
Paul

Back
Top Bottom