• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

John Kelly

One of his pistols I was particularly fond of.

bgp4qa.jpg

I am totally shocked. I just shot a USPSA match with him a couple of weeks ago and pins not long before that. We had great conversation throughout the match. He seemed to be in perfect health to me. I am very saddened with this news.

When I shot the Walls of Steel down in RI this past summer John was the RO for the squad I was on. I think the temperature was in the high 80's low 90's and it was humid. A bunch of us on the squad were shooting second guns that day. When we finished all of the stages with our first guns he was off duty and free to go home. John volunteered to stay and work for another few hours to RO our squad of second guns so we could get started right away and not have to wait for the afternoon RO's to free up. He said he just enjoyed RO'n our squad, enjoyed our company and enjoyed watching all of us compete and have fun.

He was a great guy and will be missed by many of his friends and fellow shooters.

Last edited:
I''d shot with John since the old action pistol matches at Mansfield a decade or more ago. I saw him most recently at Independent, where those matches are now held.

He was always courteous, friendly and unflappable. I am sorry to hear that he has Left The Range.

I didn't know him very well but John was especially helpful to new shooters. He'd always volunteer to mentor a new shooter when they made it known that they were new at a safety briefing. RIP John [sad2]

Oh my God... I'm in tears. I can't believe this. I really can't believe it. Oh man I'll miss him soooo much. Damn it! I've had the chance to hang with him, shoot with him and work with him. He was such a nice fun guy. This hurts. RGS- if you find more on this please send me a PM.

I am heartbroken to read this.. He was one of the nicest, and most helpful guys. . He was one of my biggest fans, and supporters whenever I attended an IDPA match, and was truly one of the reasons I continued. He was truly a gentleman, and his absence will be noticed for a long time.[sad]

Wow,
John was such a nice guy and someone you always wanted to squad with. Always the gentlemen and competitor. He always had a positive comment and a smile for everyone he met and was a great guy to joke around with during the match.

John, you will be missed.

RGS let me know the sad news on my way home from work. If everyone were just a tenth of the gentleman John was, we would all be in a much better place. I'll most remember him with his way of always bringing a smile with him, and his never-ending help, be it on the RO side or the picking of brass side.

John, we'll all miss you, and I'm glad I got to know you.

Respectfully,

Mooney

I, too, met John through NES and the various matches. I can't help but add that he was a very nice guy to know and chat with. He will be missed. And our lives will be a little poorer for his absence.

Godspeed, John.

From the way he has been spoken of here, he will never have to reload again. So sorry for his family's loss. I am going to look through my pics to find some of him.

John and I one of the many times we got to work together- IDPA GOAL Cup 2008, it was a long hot day.

Damn it, he was such a fun, selfless, helpful person. RIP buddy.

Attachments

• John Kelly and yours truly.jpg
    John Kelly and yours truly.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 99
Very sorry to hear this news... My condolences to his family and friends. I, unfortunately, only got the chance to shoot a couple of matches with him and shake his hand a few times, but I can clearly say he will be missed.

Back
Top Bottom