Joe Biden's pick to head the ATF David Chipman was confronted by Republican senators during his confirmation hearing Wednesday

With anecdotes like this...

...who needs photos that look like?

Charlie Wilson's War was on TV last night. I'd never seen it. Ever.

What a total scumbag. Somehow this guy is a hero because he gets guns to Afganistan. (Forget the stupid comeuppance we got for that.) But damn. It seems like being a Congresscritter in general is a license to be a dirtbag 24/7 and get away with it.

Charlie Wilson's War was on TV last night. I'd never seen it. Ever.

What a total scumbag. Somehow this guy is a hero because he gets guns to Afganistan. (Forget the stupid comeuppance we got for that.) But damn. It seems like being a Congresscritter in general is a license to be a dirtbag 24/7 and get away with it.

"Let me tell you a story about a 14 year old boy...."

“the former ATF agent recalled Chipman saying: “Wow, there were an unusually large number of African American agents that passed the exam this time. They must have been cheating.”

Democrats are the hardcore racists, going back to slavery times. The clever ones just try not to get caught.

awww, come now. He defined any semiauto rifle larger than 22 rimfire with a detachable magazine as an assault weapon. So only half* the firearms sold in America today...

*I don't know if this is hyperbole, nor do I have the energy to search for estimated volume numbers to confirm
It's ok on the math side. Soon any pistol .22 and larger will be a super killy street sweeper and banned as well. That will be 99.99% of all firearms sold.

A Key Senator Has Made a Decision on Biden's ATF Nominee

Republican Senator Pat Toomey, who is retiring in 2022, will vote against President Joe Biden's nominee to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

“Meaningful progress on gun safety will only be possible when members of Congress and the executive branch drop the politics and hyperbole and focus on the possible. That likely will not happen if the ATF—the law enforcement agency tasked with enforcing the nation’s firearm laws—cannot be impartial in carrying out its duties," Toomey released in a statement this week. "While I respect David Chipman’s nearly 25 years of experience as an ATF agent, I fear that his subsequent vocal support for policies that limit the rights of law-abiding gun owners and his past criticisms of those in the firearm industry would compromise his ability to carry out ATF’s mission effectively. As such, I am unable to support his nomination to lead the ATF.”

A Key Senator Has Made a Decision on Biden's ATF Nominee

Republican Senator Pat Toomey, who is retiring in 2022, will vote against President Joe Biden's nominee to lead the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

“Meaningful progress on gun safety will only be possible when members of Congress and the executive branch drop the politics and hyperbole and focus on the possible. That likely will not happen if the ATF—the law enforcement agency tasked with enforcing the nation’s firearm laws—cannot be impartial in carrying out its duties," Toomey released in a statement this week. "While I respect David Chipman’s nearly 25 years of experience as an ATF agent, I fear that his subsequent vocal support for policies that limit the rights of law-abiding gun owners and his past criticisms of those in the firearm industry would compromise his ability to carry out ATF’s mission effectively. As such, I am unable to support his nomination to lead the ATF.”

But why did it take so long for him to espouse such an obvious position? Especially when he isn't running again.

Hopefully Trump can push a candidate in the mid term to flip these spineless rhinos.

This was a simple f***ing decision you shouod make the day the guy is put up for the spot. One liner statement "Yeah this treasonous a**h*** isn't going to be given ticket book, let alone put in charge of a department that shouldn't even exist."

View: https://twitter.com/kristinapet/status/1417212001131057157

I'm betting the vote count doesn't get there in the end. That's good news and not just because Chipman won't be confirmed. If the Biden administration is having this much trouble getting an ATF director confirmed, their chances of getting any meaningful gun control bill through the Senate are nil.

View: https://twitter.com/kristinapet/status/1417212001131057157

I'm betting the vote count doesn't get there in the end. That's good news and not just because Chipman won't be confirmed. If the Biden administration is having this much trouble getting an ATF director confirmed, their chances of getting any meaningful gun control bill through the Senate are nil.

Chipmunk is particularly bad though, hopefully the bad-ness drains into other things and makes it too radioactive for him.

I see serious problems with midterms if they pick chipmunk because it will come back to bite them in the ass "do you really want to vote for the guy who rubber stamped waco baby killer Chipmunk?" etc.

Chipmunk is particularly bad though, hopefully the bad-ness drains into other things and makes it too radioactive for him.

I see serious problems with midterms if they pick chipmunk because it will come back to bite them in the ass "do you really want to vote for the guy who rubber stamped waco baby killer Chipmunk?" etc.

and if they could only get 50 plus Harris to confirm him, literally every senator cast the deciding vote. There are some really really bad DOJ picks the dems voted for which tells you how much trouble chip is in. My guess is he’s already dead and they’ll pull the nomination by the end of august.

Translation: Manchin says NO.
It's more than just that. I don't think there are 49 democratic Senators who want to go on the record supporting new gun control legislation. That fact that Manchin will be open about his opposition just gives the rest cover. Same thing with the filibuster. Schumer would like people to think that his party is united on gun control, but the inability to get Republican buy-in prevents him from bringing anything to the floor. In truth he knows very well that he doesn't even have 49 democratic. If he did get the votes he's be at serious risk of losing the Senate in 2022.

The problem they have is that his tie ins to a couple of spectacular shit shows have come to light .
The guy is a loose cannon and God forbid he goes off the rails and pulls another Waco or Ruby ridge.
You supported this guy even knowing his record ?

Biden ATF Nominee Didn’t Disclose Chinese State TV Appearance Used by CCP​

President Biden’s nominee to lead the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms, David Chipman failed to disclose key information during his Senate hearing. Chipman didn’t disclose a TV appearance he made in China which was very possibly used as propaganda by the communist state to cover up a mass stabbing of school children.

And lo and behold it is CNN opening the door to bye bye Chipman!

ATF nominee failed to disclose talks and events to Senate committee, including speaking on politics of agents

The Biden administration's nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives failed to disclose some interviews and events dating back to 2012 on paperwork filed with the Senate for consideration of his nomination.

In one undisclosed 2019 talk given to a law firm titled "Can the Right to Bear Arms Coexist with Gun Control?," David Chipman said his views and politics weren't typical of most at the ATF and in law enforcement because the groups were mostly "a very conservative bunch, primarily of white men."

The comments are notable because Chipman's nomination has struggled to gain support -- even from some members of the Democratic caucus who have yet to commit to his nomination. Senators have questioned if his past record as an advocate for stricter gun laws would make him a less effective director.

published written works, quotes in news articles, speeches, and testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee. The undisclosed talks and interviews were found online by CNN's KFile.

Biden nominated Chipman to head the ATF in April, seeking the first Senate-confirmed director for the agency since 2015 and just the second one in its history. A career official at ATF for 25 years, Chipman became a top adviser with Giffords, a group led by former Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabby Giffords advocating for stricter gun laws that has been criticized by the National Rifle Association and other firearms groups, turning off some moderate Republicans and causing some concern among centrist Democrats.

"If you are authentic in this space you are likely to disappoint a lot of people," Chipman said in his November 2019 event on gun control at the law firm Cadwalader when asked how ATF agents felt about his work. "I think that we have to understand that law enforcement, generally, is a very conservative bunch, primarily of white men. So, the politics of this issue, as it is, sort of permeate it. I don't believe my views are typical."

"I think I can answer it that way," he continued. "I think that, though, when I do connect with law enforcement, I think the progressive peers of mine are at a place where they understand that on the issue of gun violence, we need sticks, which is law enforcement, some people need to be arrested, but we acknowledge too that we need carrots. That community violence intervention programs work and that we need to do both. We need to give people options."

The newly-uncovered comments highlight an example of Chipman talking about the demographics and culture within law enforcement and the agency he hopes to lead, which could be problematic for the nominee as some senators have already questioned if his past advocacy would make him less effective as a director.

Chipman referred CNN to the White House for comment. The White House told CNN they still stood by Chipman's nomination.

"David Chipman has spent decades years in distinguished service to our country as an ATF agent and has the exact set of skills and experience we need to revitalize the Bureau's work to crack down on gun trafficking and keep guns out of the hands of criminals -- that's why his nomination has the support of leading law enforcement organizations," Michael Gwin, a White House spokesman told CNN.

It does not appear, according to CNN's KFile's review, that Chipman frequently spoke on the political views of agents at the ATF and law enforcement, and the topic did not come up in his Senate testimony.

"The issue is whether he's the right guy for the job," Independent Maine Sen. Angus King, who caucuses with Democrats, told CNN in July. "My question is whether he can be an effective director. I haven't decided yet."

In another undisclosed 2017 interview on Jared Huffman's "Off the Cuff" podcast, Chipman said the NRA depends on an "un-American" business model that involves making society "less safe."

"If (the NRA is) no longer selling a lot of guns to sportsmen and hunters and (their) primary business model is you need guns for public safety. Well, then you need an unsafe society to need to buy a gun," Chipman said. "If your business model depends entirely on people feeling unsafe and scared and need to buy a gun, why would you want to do anything that makes things safer?"

Chipman added he needed to retire from the ATF after 25 years to talk about his views on gun violence "in a way" that would not end him up in jail for speaking to the press without authorization.

echo previous criticisms he's made about the organization.

Chipman also did not disclose two appearances he made on CGTN, a Chinese state-owned news company, in 2013 and 2012 discussing shootings and gun control. Other undisclosed interviews included one in 2019 with ABC News affiliate KVUE in Austin, Texas, in which Chipman talked about a roundtable he held with gun owners after the El Paso mass shooting as part of his work with Giffords. He also failed to disclose an interview on the "The Fowler Show" on YouTube in 2013 in which he talked about "red flag" laws and taking guns away from people who pose a threat to society.

And lo and behold it is CNN opening the door to bye bye Chipman!

ATF nominee failed to disclose talks and events to Senate committee, including speaking on politics of agents

The Biden administration's nominee to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives failed to disclose some interviews and events dating back to 2012 on paperwork filed with the Senate for consideration of his nomination.

In one undisclosed 2019 talk given to a law firm titled "Can the Right to Bear Arms Coexist with Gun Control?," David Chipman said his views and politics weren't typical of most at the ATF and in law enforcement because the groups were mostly "a very conservative bunch, primarily of white men."

The comments are notable because Chipman's nomination has struggled to gain support -- even from some members of the Democratic caucus who have yet to commit to his nomination. Senators have questioned if his past record as an advocate for stricter gun laws would make him a less effective director.

published written works, quotes in news articles, speeches, and testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee. The undisclosed talks and interviews were found online by CNN's KFile.

Biden nominated Chipman to head the ATF in April, seeking the first Senate-confirmed director for the agency since 2015 and just the second one in its history. A career official at ATF for 25 years, Chipman became a top adviser with Giffords, a group led by former Arizona Democratic Rep. Gabby Giffords advocating for stricter gun laws that has been criticized by the National Rifle Association and other firearms groups, turning off some moderate Republicans and causing some concern among centrist Democrats.

"If you are authentic in this space you are likely to disappoint a lot of people," Chipman said in his November 2019 event on gun control at the law firm Cadwalader when asked how ATF agents felt about his work. "I think that we have to understand that law enforcement, generally, is a very conservative bunch, primarily of white men. So, the politics of this issue, as it is, sort of permeate it. I don't believe my views are typical."

"I think I can answer it that way," he continued. "I think that, though, when I do connect with law enforcement, I think the progressive peers of mine are at a place where they understand that on the issue of gun violence, we need sticks, which is law enforcement, some people need to be arrested, but we acknowledge too that we need carrots. That community violence intervention programs work and that we need to do both. We need to give people options."

The newly-uncovered comments highlight an example of Chipman talking about the demographics and culture within law enforcement and the agency he hopes to lead, which could be problematic for the nominee as some senators have already questioned if his past advocacy would make him less effective as a director.

Chipman referred CNN to the White House for comment. The White House told CNN they still stood by Chipman's nomination.

"David Chipman has spent decades years in distinguished service to our country as an ATF agent and has the exact set of skills and experience we need to revitalize the Bureau's work to crack down on gun trafficking and keep guns out of the hands of criminals -- that's why his nomination has the support of leading law enforcement organizations," Michael Gwin, a White House spokesman told CNN.

It does not appear, according to CNN's KFile's review, that Chipman frequently spoke on the political views of agents at the ATF and law enforcement, and the topic did not come up in his Senate testimony.

"The issue is whether he's the right guy for the job," Independent Maine Sen. Angus King, who caucuses with Democrats, told CNN in July. "My question is whether he can be an effective director. I haven't decided yet."

In another undisclosed 2017 interview on Jared Huffman's "Off the Cuff" podcast, Chipman said the NRA depends on an "un-American" business model that involves making society "less safe."

"If (the NRA is) no longer selling a lot of guns to sportsmen and hunters and (their) primary business model is you need guns for public safety. Well, then you need an unsafe society to need to buy a gun," Chipman said. "If your business model depends entirely on people feeling unsafe and scared and need to buy a gun, why would you want to do anything that makes things safer?"

Chipman added he needed to retire from the ATF after 25 years to talk about his views on gun violence "in a way" that would not end him up in jail for speaking to the press without authorization.

echo previous criticisms he's made about the organization.

Chipman also did not disclose two appearances he made on CGTN, a Chinese state-owned news company, in 2013 and 2012 discussing shootings and gun control. Other undisclosed interviews included one in 2019 with ABC News affiliate KVUE in Austin, Texas, in which Chipman talked about a roundtable he held with gun owners after the El Paso mass shooting as part of his work with Giffords. He also failed to disclose an interview on the "The Fowler Show" on YouTube in 2013 in which he talked about "red flag" laws and taking guns away from people who pose a threat to society.
Boom , this cuck is cooked. Thank God Almighty.

I wish the ATF was a conservative organization. LOL. Maybe conservative for federal employees working in the general DC area.

So is Chipman out?
If yes, is it likely the ATF will continue on as it has been for sometime now without a "leader"?
Or is there another nominee?

conservative for federal employees working in the general DC area.
Only 6% of DC voted for Trump. True constitutional conservatives are essentially non-existent in DC. They can’t get hired and can’t make a living there since they are sniffed out and only UniParty loyalists and the corrupt need apply.

Back
Top Bottom