J Frame Holster

I'm looking for a holster for a S&W637 (J-Frame w/ hammer). I know a bunch of you out there carry them. What are you using?

I'm particularly intersted in IWB and tuckable holsters.

Pocket holsters are of interst too, but it seems a little large to do this with getting comments along the lines of "Is that pocket holster in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks to GaryS, I have a Bianchi #3 "Pistol Pocket" that works really well with my 360 PD. Don't let Cross-X fool you, the J-frame revolver was MADE to be carried at 4:00 IWB...

[wink]

Last edited:
I carry mine IWB all the time:

carry1.jpg

I've got A Mike's IWB holster that I actually use as a pocket holster. I've found in-pocket more comfortable, particularly sitting, and less noticeable than IWB mainly because I tend to wear my shirts tucked in. I imagine it would be even better with a real pocket holster.

best IWB J frame holster I have found was designed as a cooperative effort between Sparks and Alessi. It is called the Watch Six. Mine is the Alessi made holster and is the Watch Six Dual Talon. Had it for some time and really like it.

Bottom right in this photo

JFRAME002.jpg

I have one of the Galco iwbs. I think it the summer version. Very nice. I have not used but one but, given all the reccomends look at the pocket holsters too. I would give the galco a thumbs up though.

Also something to consider is the barami grip clip. I have a set and I like them. But I am still not 100% convinced on them enough to try it in public.. These are definitely not something you want to shoot at the range though, not at all fun.

best IWB J frame holster I have found was designed as a cooperative effort between Sparks and Alessi. It is called the Watch Six. Mine is the Alessi made holster and is the Watch Six Dual Talon. Had it for some time and really like it.

Bottom right in this photo

I'm confused. The holster at the bottom right looks like an OWB holster.

I'm confused. The holster at the bottom right looks like an OWB holster.

Those are clips.

Regarding pocket carry: I bought the "nemasis"... Seems to scream "GUN!" to me almost as much as without... but at least it holds the gun in the right position. You guys must wear real baggy pants?

Matt

Back
Top Bottom