I've made a 9mm life decision-Need suggestions

After having owned and shot more very type of handgun calibre I could get my hands on over the years I have decided for various reasons to convert solely to 9mm. This decision was made after acquiring a Walther P-99.

So, I am disposing of all the rest except for the Colt Detective Special.

Here's the deal: I want to acquire a few more quality 9mms.
Fooolishly, I sold my Beretta 92FS so that is on the short list.

Here's what else I'm thinking of:

S & W -MP
Beretta 90-Two (If it ever comes available)

Glock 17???

I'm not really a Sig fan.

Thanks for suggestions

I was immediately going to say Sig, but now you have gone and done it. The Sig 228 is an excellent carry gun, it really is the perfect size and shape. I think the 226 Elite and Elite Stainless are also worth a good look. Don't know if those will make it to MA. BHP is another to consider, I would take the M&P with a trigger job over the Glock. Not a fan of the USP series, lousy trigger and the ergos of a brick so to speak, but that is a personal thing.

Hmm. I really like Sigs- the 228, 229 and 239 are just great imo. I'd also recommend the G19.

IMO the Glock 19 is the best of the range,I like them quite a bit more than the full sized guns yet they carry very well.I carry a 16 year old one daily.

Horses for courses,some people just don't like SIG's but I have 4 9mm SIG's and don't think they can really be beat on a functional level.The 226 is one of the sweetest shooting pistols ever and the 239 is an outstanding compact.

As stated:
Beretta 92FS
Glock 17/19

You really should consider a 226. They can be found for short $$$ and are great.
Check out the S&W 6906/5906. Very inexpensive and reliable though not the greatest trigger or accuracy.
There are some nice 9mm revolvers out there using moon clips (SP101?)
Browning HP

All are excellent choices.

CS 9, so you have the smallest auto S&W makes.

+1

I wish it had more capacity but I tried one at S&W sports center before I bought it and I couldn't deny that it fit me perfectly. I really never thought I would find a gun that is so comfortable to shoot.

But you should make the trip to S&W in Springfield and try before you buy.

Definitely a G17, holds 17+1 rounds, will run forever. Also, you forgot Springfield Armory XD Service or Tactical size in 9mm. Supposedly these are amazing and rugged pistols, try to get one. I too have to chime in and say that the P226 in 9mm is an excellent pistol as well.

+1 for the Beretta 92FS. The grip is wider than I would like but everything else about this pistol is good news.

The Browning Hi Power is a thing of beauty.

thanks for all the suggestions folks..good stuff

I'm eventually going to get all of them I think.

A guy at FS told me they aren't seeing too many G17s these days. Anyone know why?

Jim I'd love to try your Smith. Let me know when you're going to the range.

Glock 19 would be a very good buy, as would a complementary Glock 26. The Sig 226 is also a good choice. Also consider a Para 9mm.

Executive, can any .357 be used as a 9mm revolver with moon clips?

...A guy at FS told me they aren't seeing too many G17s these days. Anyone know why?...

I don't know that the guy at FS knew what he was talking about. I'm sure Carl is trying to buy up all the MA compliant G17 refurbs that he can. His customers love buying 'em and he loves the selling!

Here is the new Taurus 24/7 oss

24-7%20OSS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom