it's true, what goes around...

greencobra

NES Member
we've talked about this before, the shield i've been edc-ing for what...10 years, had to be retired because the gun was just too much for me to rack the slide. i toted it every day, all day since i got it, back in the day when it was the newest and meanest kid on the block. waited 6 months on a waiting list too. i had paired it with a concealment express kydex iwb holster. lou at business end customs did a sweet trigger for it. gave it a crisp 4#'s and i shot the thing well. while waiting for cataract surgery i put a set of more visible sights on it so i could see 'em better. funny story about the gun...i was quoted a price of $289 when i inquired back in the day what they might be selling for. i put the deposit down on $289 thinking that was the price. when i got the call they were in and went to pick it up, the final otd price was $429.99. always prepared, i pulled out my copy of the email receipt they sent me confirming my price (289) and the 100 dollar deposit accepted. the receipt said i just owed $189+tax when i picked it up. the store honored the price quote. they cried they didn't know the true price when they sent out the flyer. my attitude, don't quote prices until you know the final price. so a decent deal considering....

i now, went back to my old glock g26 that i was using before the shield. i can work the slide with no problems. i see no reason to change to another gun. i'm done doing that newest, greatest bullshit. the 26 was in the safe and has a galco iwb paired to it. similar to the concealment express. it came from the factory years ago with night sights and they were dead. i took glock up on the offer of replacing them with original glock night sights for 30 bucks a few years ago. glad i did, my eyes still suck. i shoot this equally as well. the only mod was a connector when i first got it. so it's working for me and no money spent for a shield replacement. i can live with this until i'm dust.

@greencobra maybe take a look at these sites here. Particularly because it also makes racking easier as well which was your main complaint. If you wanted to go back to your tried and true gun you’re giving up on these might make that work for you, and they’re friendlier on older eyes as well.

Kind of a poor man’s RMR/circle of death type site. Some people think they’re gimmicky but I loved mine and recommended them to a couple older guys (70’s) on another website who weren’t enjoying shooting anymore for those reasons and they were like holy shit cams those things worked great for us. They were very happy with them.

Racking the slide with them is like racking with an RMR. You now have a big chunk of aircraft grade alum you can grab onto more firmly so fingers aren’t sliding off the ass end trying to pull the slide back. You can also put it up against a counter, sidewalk, belt, pocket, boot, table etc and use that object to push the slide back and then let it fly forward on its own. Just watch your toes. lol It’s designed plenty strong for this use.

This guy kinda cracks me up but it’s a good short video explanation and an active shoot with the sites.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Lc4fFBmhM

0C87C10E-D3F2-4B12-A1A2-1A9EAEBC880A.jpeg 2233F0C2-F43E-4101-A803-01EE3D1B6B97.png

What does shield EZ mean?

“EZ” means that the pistol is easy to load. Hand most handguns to someone of small or weak stature, particularly someone with arthritic hands, and you'll see them struggle to rack the slide fully.

If you already own the 26 and it fits you, and you are on target with it, then it is a good gun for you

Personally, I think the 43X has rendered the 26 all but obsolete but that is just my opinion, YMMV

Even in the 19 vs the 26 battle, I'd opt for the 19 over the 26 for the additional grip area and the 15 round magazines , or even better 15+2

the 26 has just lost some of its luster in my world, not a bad gun, but IMHO the 43X is a nicer EDC especially in a 10+1 capacity universe called MA

Back
Top Bottom