• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's obvious that the cops are NOT on the side of the citizenry, but muscle for the politicians, and deep state.

While you aren't wrong. In this case, the Court has to issue a mandate
This.

That said....

Cops in Blue states have too much to lose in pay, pensions, benefits and in the case of MA...overpaid road details........ to ever care about the citizens rights.

Plus they are always exempt from the laws the lowly citizens have to abide by.

All this is done by design to make them into jackboots who think they are special.

They will listen to their politician masters when push comes to shove.

This.

That said....

Cops in Blue states have too much to lose in pay, pensions and benefits to ever care about the citizens rights. That is by design to make them into jackboots.

They will listen to their politician masters when push comes to shove.
the reality is - state police as a concept should not exist at all. it is an abomination created for terror purposes only, and not under control of the county and sheriffs.
not if the institute of sheriffs is perfect, but it is at least something more closely related to the local community.

a state entity under the gov-nah is a whole different deal.

Cops in Blue states have too much to lose in pay, pensions, benefits and in the case of MA...overpaid road details
I live on a dead end dirt road that ends at Cobble Mountain Reservoir. It is a documented public way but the SWSC put a gate across the road after the last house (that is as far as town maintains the road and plows in the winter).

The MSP have a road detail to check the gate twice a day (they check all the gates). It is a public way with NO No Trespassing signs. For years they would harass anybody that went around that gate. I ended up in court for riding my ATV around the gate. All charges were dropped and the state cop that showed up to court claimed the gate was "under contention" which is was not. I had previously met with the select-board and SWSC where everybody agreed that it was a public way.

So to this day they still come in here and check this gate even though there is nothing to see or enforce. They just wave now as I ride around the gate on my ATV.

But they continue to come down here twice a day for their detail $$$. They are in and out of here in about 3 minutes according to my trail cams.

Last edited:
the reality is - state police as a concept should not exist at all. it is an abomination created for terror purposes only, and not under control of the county and sheriffs.
not if the institute of sheriffs is perfect, but it is at least something more closely related to the local community.

a state entity under the gov-nah is a whole different deal.
Again the whole thing falls apart when any governmental agency becomes more powerful and not accountable to the constitutional rights of the people that pay the taxes for it.

In Blue states its just exponentially fxcked........

I live on a dead end dirt road that ends at Cobble Mountain Reservoir. It is a documented public way but the SWSC put a gate across the road after the last house (that is as far as town maintains the road and plows in the winter).

The MSP have a road detail to check the gate twice a day (they check all the gates). It is a public way with NO No Trespassing signs. For years they would harass anybody that went around that gate. I ended up in court for riding my ATV around the gate. All charges were dropped and the state cop that showed up to court claimed the gate was "under contention" which is was not. I had previously met with the select-board and SWSC where everybody agreed that it was a public way.

So to this day they still come in here and check this gate even though there is nothing to see or enforce. They just wave now as as ride around the gate on my ATV.

But they continue to come down here twice a day for their detail $$$. They are in and out of here in about 3 minutes according to my trail cams.
people are just ignorant of the history. here is the story of what state police was made for:
----------------
The Pennsylvania State Police force emerged in the aftermath of the anthracite mine strike of 1902, in Pennsylvania. The passage of legislation on May 2, 1905, did not provoke controversy because it was quietly rushed through the mine-owner dominated legislature, but the strike-breaking role of the new police elicited strong opposition from organized labor, who likened them to the repressive Russian cossacks under the tsar.[1] President Theodore Roosevelt, himself a former President of the New York City Police Commission, noted that the Pennsylvania State Police were intended to replace the "infamous" Coal and Iron Police, the private company police used to counter union attacks on private property:

When the laboring masses rocked in mortal combat with the vested interest, the State stepped in to prove her impartial justice by selling her authority into the vested interests' hands! ... whenever the miners elected to go out on strike ... they invariably found the power of the State bought, paid for, and fighting as a partisan on their employers' side. Nor was there any attempt made to do this monstrous thing under mask of decency.[2]
Roosevelt's assertions notwithstanding, the Iron and Coal Police continued to operate in increasing numbers into the 1930s.

-----

so, no, dear darlings, it does not exist to neither serve nor protect no one, and was never intended to when it was made.

So to this day they still come in here and check this gate even though there is nothing to see or enforce. They just wave now as as ride around the gate on my ATV.

And for that "detail" they are getting a minimum of 4 hours most likely....maybe 8, and if on a Saturday or Sunday its overtime or double time.but I don't want to misquote any benefits or I'll be flamed for it.

All I know is when my buddy who is an ex town COP works a detail and its only an hour or two, its minimum 8 hours. That might be what's his union contract though, i have no idea what the MSP contract says.

And yes....Im jealous.....because I cant get free shit.....that special others are locked into....... prohibiting any regular citizens from getting the work at what would probably be a much lower cost to the taxpayer.

Last edited:
If you're licking boots then stop immediately and get onboard with defunding police. It's the only way forward.
I’m hesitant to broadbrush all police based on such antics. I do tread around them with trepidation though. The power they hold can be extremely dangerous to a citizen.

If you're licking boots then stop immediately and get onboard with defunding police. It's the only way forward.
Im not anti police. Im also not saying a lot of these guys are decent...I know and knew many cops that were stand up guys, but get a few of them together and its a detail lovefest. Most of them
are not about taking your guns, or rights away....however when push comes to shove they go with the flow, and for certain here with the exception of the last bill....MACOPA have been douchebags when it comes to backing gun owners.

I'm anti public union backed, pension backed, overly compensated, benefited (mostly details which is beyond rediculous), qualified immunity backed, police that don't have to follow the same laws that we do. The perks, benefits, and law exemptions are only there so the politicians can frost their cake with our tax money, get them to comply, and use them as jackboots. No other reason.

There will always be shitheads in every job. But without all the above, the police would just be another job......not a lucrative 250K/yr job, where guys are buying boats and second homes with money paid by taxpayers, because they sat in a cruiser for 4 hours playing on their phone collecting 8 hours salary or more on overtime or double time.

All this double dipping they are locked into because of union contracts and prevailing wage bullshit, for a market price of probably triple what the market would bear for that job, and a lot of average citizens would love to be able to do that work, and for a lot less. I know its wrong because I see it no where else where I travel, and the cost of road projects in MA per mile, is rediculous because of all this stuff.

And if someone comes back and says no one wants to be a cop unless they are coddled with all that bullshit......well then maybe that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Im not anti police. Im also not saying a lot of these guys are decent...I know and knew many cops that were stand up guys, but get a few of them together and its a detail lovefest. Most of them
are not about taking your guns, or rights away....however when push comes to shove they go with the flow, and for certain here with the exception of the last bill....MACOPA have been douchebags when it comes to backing gun owners.

I'm anti public union backed, pension backed, overly compensated, benefited (mostly details which is beyond rediculous), qualified immunity backed, police that don't have to follow the same laws that we do. The perks, benefits, and law exemptions are only there so the politicians can frost their cake with our tax money, get them to comply, and use them as jackboots. No other reason.

There will always be shitheads in every job. But without all the above, the police would just be another job......not a lucrative 250K/yr job, where guys are buying boats and second homes with money paid by taxpayers, because they sat in a cruiser for 4 hours playing on their phone collecting 8 hours salary or more on overtime or double time.

All this double dipping they are locked into because of union contracts and prevailing wage bullshit, for a market price of probably triple what the market would bear for that job, and a lot of average citizens would love to be able to do that work, and for a lot less. I know its wrong because I see it no where else where I travel, and the cost of road projects in MA per mile, is rediculous because of all this stuff.

And if someone comes back and says no one wants to be a cop unless they are coddled with all that bullshit......well then maybe that's a good thing.

Whatever happened to the cops that I used to know years ago? What happened is it just hiring standards or what? It all seems to be gone and now we live with cops that don't even know the people in the city they patrol.

So to this day they still come in here and check this gate even though there is nothing to see or enforce. They just wave now as I ride around the gate on my ATV.

If a person were look at the vast majority of Case Law dealing with Cops in Mass. Most of them come from the MSP. They train their "Troopers" to be thugs. The MSP is the Mass. Militia. They started out as being chartered by the Grange to chase cattle rustlers and chicken thieves.

Whatever happened to the cops that I used to know years ago? What happened is it just hiring standards or what? It all seems to be gone and now we live with cops that don't even know the people in the city they patrol.
I agree with this. Cops used to be "the friendly neighborhood police". They would patrol on foot and get to know the community. Nowadays, every civilian is a criminal in the eyes of a cop. The top priority in every police interaction with a member of the public is to arrest them and throw them in jail. That's the end goal. Assert dominance and terrorize the public, even if they have to lie about the law, even if act above the law, even if they resort to tazing and violence, even while on camera! They do this even at the expense of destroying public relations with the community. They don't care. They serve eachother in a gang-like manner. Bodycams and youtube made police culture available for everyone to see.

Currently, I'm not on board with "defunding police", but I am certainly on board with banning QI, banning unions for the public sector, and punishing bad cop behavior more than if a civilian did the same thing. I believe police are needed for a functioning society, but need to be held to an accountable standard higher than anything else if they're given the authorities they have.

If a person were look at the vast majority of Case Law dealing with Cops in Mass. Most of them come from the MSP. They train their "Troopers" to be thugs. The MSP is the Mass. Militia. They started out as being chartered by the Grange to chase cattle rustlers and chicken thieves.
The MSP has improved a lot. My dealings with them in the past five years have been helpful, polite, professional and decent.

Not so much before that. Before, they definitely had a really nasty attitude.

The top priority in every police interaction with a member of the public is to arrest them
the only priority for cops now is to collect fines and write reports. as their productivity assessment is based on the amount of reports they write.

no municipality may exist without the police, so, it is a catch 22. i do not like police and no one should, but i do realize that no town can exist without one.

the issue is not with the townies. the issue is with armed criminal organizations the government creates and calls 'police force' - whole none of them is intended for policing. anything that exists above county level is plain illegal and was created in some moment in time directly bypassing constitution and proper legislation. but, it is all considered legal now and good luck getting rid of it all. they will continue to arm IRS, DOJ, other 3 letter shits and give more and more power to gov-nah private goons, just exactly like old barons used to have their henchmen - to rob and pillage defenceles peasants.

The MSP has improved a lot. My dealings with them in the past five years have been helpful, polite, professional and decent.

Not so much before that. Before, they definitely had a really nasty attitude.
I can honestly say this as well, but I think its a more hands off technique pushed by the woke state more than anything. Not so sure if the gun laws flip that's the stance that would be taken, my opinion is very opposite if you are older, white, male, and gun owning. As fully shown by the siege on the neighborhoods when going door to door to find the Marathon bomber.

Staties were always somewhat militarized, townies are now becoming that, and Barney Fife.....is no longer.

I disagree. There are plenty of crimes that cross over between counties. A statewide law enforcement agency makes sense.
No, The state should go back to having State Police Detective Lts. that work out of the office of the AG and DAs. These folks were required to be a Detective Sgt. from a local PD prior to taking the exam to be appointed to that position. All the rest of the MSP duties then get turned over to the local PDs and the Sheriffs Depts.

No, The state should go back to having State Police Detective Lts. that work out of the office of the AG and DAs. These folks were required to be a Detective Sgt. from a local PD prior to taking the exam to be appointed to that position. All the rest of the MSP duties then get turned over to the local PDs and the Sheriffs Depts.
I disagree.

First, MSP detectives still work in the AG and DAs’ offices.

Second, highway patrol is best done by a statewide agency. if I get on the Mass Pike in Natick and drive into Boston, over that short distance the local jurisdiction would go from Natick to Weston, to Waltham, to Newton, to Boston — those local cops couldn’t effectively patrol the Turnpike.

Third, the MA county governments were so corrupt and incompetent that even the Democratic-controlled MA legislature couldn’t look the other way and they disbanded most of the county government. As bad as the recent State Police scandals have been, MA county government was worse. The current Sheriff’s departments are corrections officers and process servers, not cops — as much as they try to convince themselves that they are real law enforcement officers, they simply aren’t in MA.

I disagree.

Second, highway patrol is best done by a statewide agency. if I get on the Mass Pike in Natick and drive into Boston, over that short distance the local jurisdiction would go from Natick to Weston, to Waltham, to Newton, to Boston — those local cops couldn’t effectively patrol the Turnpike.

Third, the MA county governments were so corrupt and incompetent that even the Democratic-controlled MA legislature couldn’t look the other way and they disbanded most of the county government. As bad as the recent State Police scandals have been, MA county government was worse. The current Sheriff’s departments are corrections officers and process servers, not cops — as much as they try to convince themselves that they are real law enforcement officers, they simply aren’t in MA.
Highway patrol? What a f'ing joke. The MSP does NOTHING to control the incredible amounts of stupidity I see on 495 every day. Never mind the dozens of times over the last few years I have seen drivers do blatantly illegal and dangerous things in full view of a moving MSP vehicle and they do nothing. Not a goddamn thing. They are a protection force for the elite and nothing more.

Highway patrol? What a f'ing joke. The MSP does NOTHING to control the incredible amounts of stupidity I see on 495 every day. Never mind the dozens of times over the last few years I have seen drivers do blatantly illegal and dangerous things in full view of a moving MSP vehicle and they do nothing. Not a goddamn thing. They are a protection force for the elite and nothing more.
I think this is more of what they've become over the years, than what they were.

You didn't fxck with Staties when I was a kid.

ok, what mechanism electorate has to control the actions of chief of state police? whom does that chief reports to? who appoints and gives him orders?

how in the world can it be better than a sheriff who gets re-elected by the constituents on regular intervals?

I disagree.

You're begging an important question when you assume that we should be patrolling the state highways. Why is that a good thing?

Back
Top Bottom