It's not fair.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Here I bust my hump chasing the deer around in Maine and Nh and meanwhile my wife gets up last nite to use the john at our house in Acton, Mass. The back lite is on and she counts 9 deer in the yard feeding on the seed that I put out for the birds. It's not fair! Jack.

It's not fair that last year I spent 3 days hunting hard in Maine with nary a site of a deer, but arrive home at 2 in the morning to see them eating my hedges

I have been going out 2/3 times a week. i see them but not in bow range. A guy in town has taken 2, by baiting them. He cheats and wins. I obay the law and loose.

I find 3-4 does on my front lawn 1-3 times a week when I get up in the morning.

A couple of weeks ago, a house painter and I were talking in my front yard about deer hunting over early morning coffee and a cigarette or two. Anyone who has been to my home knows it overlooks the Tyringham Valley. As we were standing in my front yard Bill said: "Any good deer hunting around here?" "Yeah, we've got deer", says I. "Really? I've been here two weeks painting and all I've seen are fishers and chickadees". As if timed out of a movie, I looked over Bill's shoulder toward the valley and pointed - 5 deer were bolting across the field. "Jesus" said Bill....[grin]

Sometimes life just tosses you those perfect moments...[wink]

Jack, two words: Bow, Arrow.

I know, I know. Problem is that the wife has made me promise that the "Yard deer" are for viewing only. Off property is OK to hunt. If not for that, I would consider other ways. (We have the suppressed .22). I can see the headline now: "Acton man arrested for taking deer out of season at night with a suppressed firearm within 300 ft of an occupied dwelling". And where could I hide the gut pile? Jack.

I know, I know. Problem is that the wife has made me promise that the "Yard deer" are for viewing only. Off property is OK to hunt. If not for that, I would consider other ways. (We have the suppressed .22). I can see the headline now: "Acton man arrested for taking deer out of season at night with a suppressed firearm within 300 ft of an occupied dwelling". And where could I hide the gut pile? Jack.

I hope you were given something really good in return for agreeing to that deal [wink]

I agree with Dwarven!, gut piles go quick when the 'yotes come out.

You might want to start waking up really early [grin]

Opening day of archery I get up at 0500 take my shower in scent control soap, shampoo, deodorant. I drive to my well scouted hunting area where I have seen dozens of deer in my preseason scouting. I put on my scent contorl suit and put the rest of my gear into my pockets, grab my bow, and climb into my stand 45 mins before daylight. I am like a deer hunting soldier utilizing thousands of dollars worth of the best technology available. Only to see no deer and have my wife Text message me a picture of a buck feeding next to the kids swing set[crying][crying][crying]

Opening day of archery I get up at 0500 take my shower in scent control soap, shampoo, deodorant. I drive to my well scouted hunting area where I have seen dozens of deer in my preseason scouting. I put on my scent contorl suit and put the rest of my gear into my pockets, grab my bow, and climb into my stand 45 mins before daylight. I am like a deer hunting soldier utilizing thousands of dollars worth of the best technology available. Only to see no deer and have my wife Text message me a picture of a buck feeding next to the kids swing set[crying][crying][crying]

[rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Jack, just hit the deer, drag it out of the yard, and into the woods. Field dress it, then drag it back around the other side. "Look what I got in the woods dear"

monday and tuesday night i see deer all around my hunting area on the way home from work. Wendsday morning before school i get in my stand and see... Nothing. Wendsday afternoon i get in my stand and see........ nothing

All that happend was me freezing my ass off.

Back
Top Bottom