It's like Christmas in April

I got a call from my pusher yesterday. Said he had "the stuff" for me, so I ran right over. Circled the block a few times...made sure I wasn't followed...secret knock at the door..."John has a long mustache."

Hmmm...what's this?

attachment.php

A red box? Could it be!?

Yes it could!

attachment.php

A Certified, Pre-Owned Sig P229 in .357Sig!

Wow. Don't let the prints from my greasy meat-hooks fool you. This thing is pristine.

Left side:
attachment.php

Right side:

attachment.php

Just a hint of a smile:

attachment.php

Maybe just a hint of a smile on the barrel, but you couldn't get the smile from my face with a disc-grinder!

Now, all I need is some ammo...and maybe a few more magazines...and maybe a .40S&W barrel, too...and then some more ammo for that barrel...and...

Uh, oh![shocked]

Attachments

• IMG_4198.JPG
    IMG_4198.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_4199.JPG
    IMG_4199.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_4205.JPG
    IMG_4205.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 0422091742a.jpg
    0422091742a.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 0422091741b.jpg
    0422091741b.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 394
NEVER had a failure

I have a 229 (without a rail like yours) in .40 cal. It was my first firearm about 10 years ago. Its the only handgun I own that has NEVER had a failure.

/John

Congrats.... Looks like your "Pusher Man" gets some high quality sweets ;). Very nice, a 229 is a great weapon, and in .357 or .40, you will certainly get a criminals attention............once! Happy shooting.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm like the 80-year old guy in the joke: "Hey, I'm telling everybody."

To me, this is the most dangerous kind of gun: The One You Didn't Know You Needed.

SIG229

How much?
I will be heading to the Sig Academy end of June for some free shooting and the opportunity to purchase any Sig at cost. I think I`ll pick up a 229.

Very Nice, congrats on the new purchase. I keep hoping that the 250 will make it's way here behind enemy lines. Needless to say I'm not holding my breath.

Very nice. I bought mine back in 1996 and fired oh about 300 rounds throught it in .40 and I have a .357SIG barrel from Lonewolf. Don't ask me why I don't shoot it more often. Maybe because I have a number of other "toys" to fire. I have about 3 other virgin pistols never fired yet brand new in the box. Plus 2 Glock rebuilt pistols and a S&W Model 66 never fired.

Last edited:
Very nice. I bought mine back in 1996 and fired oh about 300 rounds throught it in .40 and I have a .357SIG barrel from Lonewolf. Don't ask me why I don't shoot it more often. Maybe because I have a number of other "toys" to fire. I have about 3 other virgin pistols never fired yet brand new in the box. Plus 2 Glock rebuilt pistols and a S&W Model 66 never fired.
I may do something very similar with this one. Based on the fact that I got it stupid cheap, I may fire a few magazines to function check, then stuff this, 5 mags, and 100 rounds of 125gr GDHP all away in a case marked "In Case of Emergency Break Glass."

You should look into some hogue grips for it. I recently put a set on my 229 and it feels so natural now its like I'm holding my......ah, it feels really natural. Thats all.

Back
Top Bottom